Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Win on Friday and we're safe

Barham's tash

Jun 8, 2013
Rayners Lane
How anyone thinks we’re deep in it if/when we lose Friday is frankly bat shit crazy. Yes we might finish 17th on GD or a single point come the wash up but just look at the GD and fixtures remaining down there.

My betting money went to Huddersfield or Swansea to swap places with Saints and Stoke/West Brom to be the bottom two about two weeks ago.

Huddersfield are 14 goals worse off than us, West Ham 9, Swansea 10 and Southampton 4. With the exception of Saints that’s effectively worth a point [noting of course that there are still three incredibly tough games for us to not ship the difference in] on its own.

Also the number of games for Swansea and Saints against each other or Stoke make it surely implausible we’ll go down.

I saw a European sports statistics website quoting chances of us going down as now 0.14%.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Tricky Dicky

Jul 27, 2004
Sunny Shoreham
We'll see, I hope :smile:

So let's not go for a win then? You have embraced the philosophy of our away tactics completely :lolol:

Just saying that in my book, the chances of CH going gung-ho, all out for a win (which he has NEVER done), I think is highly unlikely, and he might see it as more to gain by seeing what some of the non-first 11 can do. Not that I'm bothered either way if we're safe.

Westdene Wonder

Aug 3, 2010
Brighton
Can't stand these defeatist threads, read the same shit before Spurs game. Have some faith in your team ffs. We can get a result Friday Huddersfield and West Brom beat them no reason why we can't.

There are freak results and miracles you must by now realise the Top league consists of ten teams the remainder are just making up a total

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
I believe that we are safe and even a defeat provided not by a large amount like 5 or 6 goals will make little difference in the end, obviously a win or even a draw will relax us a lot.

phoenix

May 18, 2009
I predicted we would get a result against Spurs and Burnley. Our next two fixtures will sadly be defeats but i'm predicting a result at Liverpool.

Possibly if they get into Champions League final. That's why I wan't Arsenal to get knocked out of Europa Final, Huddersfield away last game. No Farting around worrying about injuries. Depending when final is of course.

phoenix

May 18, 2009
Can't stand these defeatist threads, read the same shit before Spurs game. Have some faith in your team ffs. We can get a result Friday Huddersfield and West Brom beat them no reason why we can't.

They are better now. So we will WIN by less goals!

phoenix

May 18, 2009
There is a very slim chance all four teams could go on a wonderful streak to overtake us, and better our goal difference. Four teams who are far more likely to drop into the last remaining slot of teams who can't catch us.

Its Very hard for 4 teams to go on a wonderful streak when "they are playing each other" or do both teams get 3 points now?

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
Looking at the type of set up for the top six sides Manchester United was the team I fancied a result against most. We played Arsenal, and perhaps Tottenham Hotspur, at a good time for us.

The match at Old Trafford was close, as was the cup match (ignore the result).

Their strength, and some strength it is, comes from the counter attack. We musn't allow ourselves to get stretched. Our wingers must be willing to defend.

Play well and we can get a result. Play very well and catch them under par and we can win- even comfortably.

Jim in the West

NSC Patron
Sep 13, 2003
Way out West
Possibly if they get into Champions League final. That's why I wan't Arsenal to get knocked out of Europa Final, Huddersfield away last game. No Farting around worrying about injuries. Depending when final is of course.

Final is 16th May - just three days after Hudds v Arsenal. So it is absolutely imperative that Arsenal do NOT win on Thursday.

Champions League final is not until 26th, so two week break after our match with Liverpool - highly unlikely that Liverpool would need to rest players (assuming they reach the Final).

Obviously hoping all the last day permutations are irrelevant....

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Win on Friday and we're safe.

Yes, we know.

At the moment we (apparently) have a 0.14% chance of getting relegated. Safety is zero%, so we're still not quite safe. Lose to United and that 0.14% will get a bit bigger....... We could even then still be safe by Saturday night, but that's not in our hands.
Let's beat United, please! - because then we would be definitely safe (unlike now - there is still that 0.14%).

Wrong-Direction

Mar 10, 2013
On the pitch if we win Friday

Sent from my SM-A310F using Tapatalk

perseus

Broad Blue & White stripe
Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
Preview: https://www.whoscored.com/Matches/1...r-League-2017-2018-Brighton-Manchester-United

Whatever the result, I do not trust Everton to avoid defeat at home to Southampton. And I don't trust Bournemouth to beat Swansea: it might be a draw? Swansea v Southampton will be a draw.

This gives Swansea 35 pts and Southampton 36 pts (and with a better GD) going into the final weekend. So we need a point and preferably 3. Huddersfield will be on 35 as well. West Ham will be on 36 if they draw at Leicester with Everton to play,

Both Brighton and West Ham need to beat Man United to avoid the wire. I can't see United losing both! Man United rarely concede goals from open play!

Which team will bottle it this weekend?

If results go really badly, Huddersfield may be drawing with Arsenal needing a win with five minutes to go. A draw with Man U would stop this,

Last edited:

spence

British and Proud
Oct 15, 2014
Crawley
Preview: https://www.whoscored.com/Matches/1...r-League-2017-2018-Brighton-Manchester-United

Whatever the result, I do not trust Everton to avoid defeat at home to Southampton. And I don't trust Bournemouth to beat Swansea: it might be a draw? Swansea v Southampton will be a draw.

This gives Swansea 35 pts and Southampton 36 pts (and with a better GD) going into the final weekend. So we need a point and preferably 3. Huddersfield will be on 35 as well. West Ham will be on 36 if they draw at Leicester with Everton to play,

Both Brighton and West Ham need to beat Man United to avoid the wire. I can't see United losing both! Man United rarely concede goals from open play!

If results go really badly, Huddersfield may be drawing with Arsenal needing a win with five minutes to go. A draw with Man U would stop this,
Spot on Andy. Exactly my take on it. A draw will see us safe though. There is no way Huddersfield will get 4pts from their fixtures

Justice

Dangerous Idiot
Jun 21, 2012
Born In Shoreham

Everton have the best home record outside the top six. Home banker

Official Old Man

Uckfield Seagull
Aug 27, 2011
Brighton
A win or draw against Spurs and we're safe. Oh, wait a minute.

A win or draw against Burnley and we're safe. Oh wait a minute.

A win or draw against Utd and we're safe. Can all the other teams really keep winning?

Wrong-Direction

Mar 10, 2013
Yes
A win or draw against Spurs and we're safe. Oh, wait a minute.

A win or draw against Burnley and we're safe. Oh wait a minute.

A win or draw against Utd and we're safe. Can all the other teams really keep winning?

Sent from my SM-A310F using Tapatalk
A draw against Liverpool and we're safe..

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here