Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Other Sport] The Masters 2018

Goldstone1976

We Got Calde in!!
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Apr 30, 2013
Herts
Each way without a doubt, but I'm already struggling to see Spieth getting caught (and I've backed Rory!). His iron play and putting are out of this world at the moment.

Spieth played simply magnificently - 5 straight birdies and that chip on 18 was ridiculous.

BigBod

Dec 12, 2014
Tiger is good for business. I'm in the golf trade, Tiger has changed shafts in his driver, new for this year Tensei Pro Orange, I'm getting people asking for it already...

KZNSeagull

Nov 26, 2007
Wolsingham, County Durham
Yep. If I hadn't seen it (or ever seen the Masters), I'd assume he played a load of bad shots, but as it is, he put the ball by the pin. I think it's a poor course that punishes someone so much when they've done little wrong.

Rather brainless by him though. The course may be tricked up (it has to be as they were murdering it 20 years ago), but no-one else put 5 balls in the water there. His quote "I have never scored a 13 before without hitting a bad shot" just shows what an oaf he is. Play a different shot if the one you are using isn't working. Hit the ball lower with less spin, hit it further to the left or right, pitch it on the fringe etc. But trying the same shot 5 times is somewhat stupid.

Is it PotG?

Thrifty non-licker
Feb 20, 2017
Sussex by the Sea
Rather brainless by him though. But trying the same shot 5 times is somewhat stupid.

I thought that too. :shrug:

giphy.gif

mejonaNO12 aka riskit

Dec 4, 2003
England
Tiger is good for business. I'm in the golf trade, Tiger has changed shafts in his driver, new for this year Tensei Pro Orange, I'm getting people asking for it already...

"I hear Tiger is successful with his shaft. Can you help me with that?"

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Speith having a shocker +3

Billy Seagull

Bookie Basher
Jul 5, 2003
A handy 6-6 start for Spieth for those not wanting him to run away with it:lolol:

Looks to be a bit more wind about Today which is going to strengthen during the afternoon which will not help the late starters who have been a bit shafted, if that forecast is right.

-3 leads now with 8 players tied.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
So Spieth has fallen off a cliff and Leishman has roared back in front.

Still have a feeling Stenson is going to come good tomorrow...

Raleigh Chopper

Sep 1, 2011
Plymouth

FFS this sort of caper makes my piss boil.
Just because Tiger Woods, a washed up, wingeing, arse****, who disrespected the game puts a new shaft on his driver, everyone follows like lemmings.
The media are all over Woods again even though he is now an average player.
I was really hoping he would never swing a club again.
Woods having this shaft would make me avoid buying one.

Billy Seagull

Bookie Basher
Jul 5, 2003
Some big blow ups happening Today with Lefty and Tiger being two of them. Looking like a decent tournament with the early starters struggling, I had feared they might be out of sight by the time the afternoon starters came out.

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
We need Reed to finish the day on a wobble and put a few doubts in his mind overnight. There's so many stellar golfers in the chasing pack, this could be a classic on Sunday night.

Pickles

May 5, 2014
Ken Brown is just a legend.

I love his analysis around the greens and his enthusiasm, he is just so superb.

afcb

Dec 14, 2007
Peter Alliss reminding us all that the word gay means something else 'nowadays '...

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here