Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] U23's v Blackburn, Amex on Monday

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
I did notice he was sat right behind you too actually. Your mate is a decent bloke too when I've met him tbf - even came to a SOB meeting once or twice.

I think Knockaert was the only first teamer watching in the stands - wasn't there a thread yesterday about him not being a team player...?!

WHat did you make of Alzate? Only just turned 19 & played at league 2 level - could be a player in my opinion.

I didn't see any other first teamers, no.

The coaching staff were all in a box up behind you.

Alazate looked OK, yes. I can't pass a more qualified judgement as I spent most of the game talking!

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
How come Goldson did'nt get a run last night?

Am I right in thinking you're only allowed so many over 23's players in the first eleven?

He might be needed on Friday - no point risking him picking up an injury in an u23s game ahead of that.

Horton's halftime iceberg

Blooming Marvellous
Jan 9, 2005
Brighton
Ah funnily enough from what you've written I was sat next to your lot (blue hat) - the young lad had me smiling with some of his lines - good on him!

I was impressed with Steve Alzate (our 10) who reminded me of a Texiera type player - technically gifted and neat on the ball. Tilley was good as always and George Cox put in some great crosses. Skalak grew into the game but did little, Baldock was quiet but reminded us of what we're missing with his runs round the back and Kayal, although clearly not up to speed, looked his usual dominant self. Connolly and Sanders looks like they could be useful too.

I have to say Blackburn's forward Nuttal was very, very good. I just looked and he's Man C academy and has 10 in 7 for their u23s - how he's not getting a game at league 1 level I'll never know - will keep an eye on him, although he does need a left foot.

Another highlight was noticing [MENTION=6886]Bozza[/MENTION] in the posh seats and who was sat in front of him, given the funny twitter exchanges over the years with this particular reporter :lol:

Also, not sure Rusk was there so was great to see Liam stepping into a management role and getting involved. The man is another Calde and deserves that status along with Bruno - must be an older generation right back thing. He will have a career in football once he stops playing, I'm sure.

Ah brilliant, a good review of our players as well, we have some really exciting prospects in our set up and out on loan at the moment. Apologies as we are loud and Sasha was so exited to get his photo with Knockhaert. Not watched the highlights yet, will see if they are up on the player later. Really wanted Brighton to win for him. But I think he is getting hooked. Although he is half Czech so I am not sure if he wants to play for the Albion or FC Zbrojovka Brno, and he really could end up playing in a FK Dukla Prague away kit.

Skalak looks out of sorts to me like he knows he wont get a game, needs to get into the squad or out playing on loan for his confidence.

AmexRuislip

Trainee Spy 🕵️‍♂️
Feb 2, 2014
Ruislip
Just seen highlights, all I can say is
aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaarghhhhhhhhh.
Baldock and Kayal are coming back to a football pitch near you soon :cool:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here