Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Away from home wearing blue & white

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
The game at Withdean when Greer came on as a sub and was then sent off think it was Rochdale who wore a blue/purple kit that was very difficult to distinguish between that and our blue and white stripes. Another annoyance to me is keepers wearing a very similar colour to their team or the ref. This has happened a couple of times this season at The Amex.

The Wookiee

Back From The Dead
Nov 10, 2003
Worthing
No, it wouldn't. Would just be another bollox stupid superstition like we always lose playing to North in first half; can't beat bottom teams, don't win in midweek, don't win in front of cameras, lose to northern teams away when it is wet. They are all complete bollox and this one would be too.

**** all to do with superstition, am just interested to know !!

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
The game at Withdean when Greer came on as a sub and was then sent off think it was Rochdale who wore a blue/purple kit that was very difficult to distinguish between that and our blue and white stripes. Another annoyance to me is keepers wearing a very similar colour to their team or the ref. This has happened a couple of times this season at The Amex.

I thought Sheffield Wednesday's awful black and blue away kit was an issue last season when we played them at home. Our shirts then had the solid blue back, and- particularly for an evening kick off, with diminishing natural light- it was at times hard to visually distinguish players from opposing sides who had their back to you. Well, it was to me.

We'll have to wear a change kit at Leeds because of the solid white back on our shirts, and at QPR because of the obvious colour clash. Other than that (Wolves, Norwich, Villa) it *should* be blue & white all the way.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
And of course nothing to do with playing the two teams with worst form in the division since mid October.
Bristol City were on form when we played them; they were just outside the play-off places - their defeat at our hands was the start of their current downfall.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
No, it wouldn't. Would just be another bollox stupid superstition like we always lose playing to North in first half; can't beat bottom teams, don't win in midweek, don't win in front of cameras, lose to northern teams away when it is wet. They are all complete bollox and this one would be too.
Yes it would. It would be a stat, not a superstition. And I wonder just what our stat would be playing gritty northern teams in grim northern towns on cold wet winter mid-week evenings. There is a perception among many fans that that is a situation where we don't do well; if someone put together a list of the wins, draws and losses, that would be a stat. And who knows, the stat might even validate the 'superstition'.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Slightly off topic but Thursday last week after a lot of red wine, I woke after dreaming we lost 5-0 to Forest.... the strange part I could still remember part of my dream and it was 2 goals being scored by a team wearing blue and white stripes.... Was it trying to tell me we would loose to forest but win tonight or just too much red wine ?

wine.jpeg

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
It always irritates me when we play in an away strip when there'd be NO clash whatsoever with the home teams strip - Forest away being a case in point. The away kit should always just be a FALLBACK in the even of a clash, not an alternative choice. I'm sure it doesn't make a blind bit of difference to the performance or the result, but those blue and white stripes are our identity, and they should be on show as much as is possible IMO.

warmleyseagull

Apr 17, 2011
Beaminster, Dorset
Bristol City were on form when we played them; they were just outside the play-off places - their defeat at our hands was the start of their current downfall.

Fair point - they were actually 6th when we played them. I thought their bad run started earlier. Just shows how perception rather than seeking facts takes over.....

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
And of course nothing to do with playing the two teams with worst form in the division since mid October.

Brizzle were bang in form when we played them - 7th weren't they? So that's not fair.

Invicta

NSC Patron
Nov 1, 2013
Kent
100% agree - just looks right !! Think the opposition are put off bu the stripes !

Jul 7, 2003
There are not many games left away where there would be a colour clash so I agree stck with Blue and White when we can. This away kit idea came about to sell more kits, more money coming in, and in most cases is not needed.

Seem to remember it being said that when the club have back to back away games in a quick turnaround (Saturday/Tuesday) they like to use a different kit for each as it takes some of the pressure off the kit team

That is the obvious answer but you will still get some fans who must have the away shirt no matter how hideous it looks. If you remember our Tesco carrier bag and pink kits of Barry Lloyds days.

Don't knock the pink kits - very hard to get hold of online. If they bought that back as a Score Draw replica in the shop I bet it would be a top seller.

The Tactician

Feb 18, 2013
Surely even on a psychological level-our home form is superb and playing in the same kit away from home whenever possible may help us replicate the same dominance we've shown this season at the Amex.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here