Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Bell Cheeses at work

Badger

NOT the Honey Badger
NSC Patron
May 8, 2007
Toronto
The nearest shop is a 5 minute drive away and I cycle to work so it's not an option sadly. I've resorted to sticking some Blu-tac in both ears to try and drown out the drivel.

:lolol: I feel your pain.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
09.20 Middle-aged annoyance #2 is just finishing off a bowl of porridge. At her desk. As you do. The dog has just arrived, after apparently having a run around on the way in, and so is noisily lapping away at its water bowl.

09.21 Headphones deployed. (sorry [MENTION=4815]seagully[/MENTION] )

seagully

Cock-knobs!
Jun 30, 2006
Battle
09.20 Middle-aged annoyance #2 is just finishing off a bowl of porridge. At her desk. As you do. The dog has just arrived, after apparently having a run around on the way in, and so is noisily lapping away at its water bowl.

09.21 Headphones deployed. (sorry [MENTION=4815]seagully[/MENTION] )

I've just realised I can use my telephone headset to listen to Youtube videos/podcasts via my PC. PANIC OVER! Plus this will make everyone think I am on the phone so no-one will BOTHER me.

:clap:

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
I've just realised I can use my telephone headset to listen to Youtube videos/podcasts via my PC. PANIC OVER! Plus this will make everyone think I am on the phone so no-one will BOTHER me.

#winning

cheshunt seagull

Jul 5, 2003
So many horrors over the years but one Australian woman does stand out. The office had 3 men and 5 women and she saw herself as some kind of mother figure and delivered it all with an unhealthy dose of religion and a totally insincere smile. She once put forward a proposal that the men could not discuss football in the office as it alienated the women and was a form of harassment. She also seemed to have a record of all her colleagues' menstrual cycles as a week never passed by without her shepherding an unfortunate girl into a corner with a hot water bottle and some Nurofen whilst delivering a reproachful passing glance at us men, as we were obviously in some way to blame.

One Christmas she took the women out to lunch and left us men to hold the fort. On return she smilingly asked us what we had been doing in their absence. I told her we'd had a c.ck measuring contest and offered to share the results.

Rodney Thomas

May 2, 2012
Ελλάδα
I work in an office of about 70 people. The average age is 25, 80% are women and all of them are Swedish.

But someone forgot to empty the dishwasher today.

It can't go on like this.

The *******s in my office seem to think that because I work with IT, it means that I am a full time IT support technician who knows how to fix everything from laptop batteries to screen resolution settings. None of them seem able to plug or unplug any kind of cable from their laptops without calling me over to help them.

How can people get a job if they don't understand that to have power running to your computer, you need to have a power cable plugged into your computer.

Well... that escalated quickly!

MattBackHome

Jul 7, 2003

Be sure to mouth and mime the boredom of a conference call to your colleagues periodically; that way you could get a solid 2 hours out of that ruse I reckon.

Badger

NOT the Honey Badger
NSC Patron
May 8, 2007
Toronto

Lovely stuff, it's that British MAKE DO spirit that comes out in times of CRISIS.

seagully

Cock-knobs!
Jun 30, 2006
Battle
Be sure to mouth and mime the boredom of a conference call to your colleagues periodically; that way you could get a solid 2 hours out of that ruse I reckon.

Haha this ruse could well work as no-one I sit with works in the same team or department as me- they will not have a clue about any calls I may be on so will be none the wiser!

:thumbsup:

Badger

NOT the Honey Badger
NSC Patron
May 8, 2007
Toronto
I'm in over the Christmas period and what I've most been looking forward to is having a dog-free office. Now I've discovered that one of the other guys who's in over Christmas is being allowed to bring his own dog in as a TREAT. :rant:

seagully

Cock-knobs!
Jun 30, 2006
Battle
I'm in over the Christmas period and what I've most been looking forward to is having a dog-free office. Now I've discovered that one of the other guys who's in over Christmas is being allowed to bring his own dog in as a TREAT. :rant:

:(

I still find it incredible that people are allowed to bring pets into work. I think that would tip me over the edge.

Occasionally people here have brought them in on their lunch break to say hello to their co-workers (Christ knows why), but having a dog sit in the office ALL DAY is crazy!

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
today is annual employees kids christmas party... needless to say I'm WFH!

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade

I still find it incredible that people are allowed to bring pets into work. I think that would tip me over the edge.

Occasionally people here have brought them in on their lunch break to say hello to their co-workers (Christ knows why), but having a dog sit in the office ALL DAY is crazy!

This! It's absolutely mental. I honestly don't think I'd take a job somewhere like that!

Badger

NOT the Honey Badger
NSC Patron
May 8, 2007
Toronto

If they just sat there all day, not making a sound then I wouldn't mind so much, but of course dogs make NOISES and go around seeking ATTENTION and people SPEAK to them as if they're babies.

I'm astounded it doesn't contravene some sort of health and safety criteria.

I'm sure it does in some way, if I was a full-time member of staff I'd probably look into that.

seagully

Cock-knobs!
Jun 30, 2006
Battle
If they just sat there all day, not making a sound then I wouldn't mind so much, but of course dogs make NOISES and go around seeking ATTENTION and people SPEAK to them as if they're babies.

I'm sure it does in some way, if I was a full-time member of staff I'd probably look into that.

Would you agree with the findings in this report [MENTION=6625]Badger[/MENTION]?!

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/health-17561272

Bringing pet dogs to work can reduce stress and make the job more satisfying for other employees, a study suggests.

US researchers found those with access to dogs were less stressed as the day went on than those who had none.

looney

Banned
Jul 7, 2003
So many horrors over the years but one Australian woman does stand out. The office had 3 men and 5 women and she saw herself as some kind of mother figure and delivered it all with an unhealthy dose of religion and a totally insincere smile. She once put forward a proposal that the men could not discuss football in the office as it alienated the women and was a form of harassment. She also seemed to have a record of all her colleagues' menstrual cycles as a week never passed by without her shepherding an unfortunate girl into a corner with a hot water bottle and some Nurofen whilst delivering a reproachful passing glance at us men, as we were obviously in some way to blame.

One Christmas she took the women out to lunch and left us men to hold the fort. On return she smilingly asked us what we had been doing in their absence. I told her we'd had a c.ck measuring contest and offered to share the results.

I find these stories a bit baffling to be honest, not saying your making it up here either but I have seen loads of people shown the door for way less than you describe here. 2 questions spring to mind. what kind of complaints or discipline procedure do you have and what makes her think she can get away with it?

Badger

NOT the Honey Badger
NSC Patron
May 8, 2007
Toronto
Would you agree with the findings in this report @Badger?!

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/health-17561272

Bringing pet dogs to work can reduce stress and make the job more satisfying for other employees, a study suggests.

US researchers found those with access to dogs were less stressed as the day went on than those who had none.

I assume they didn't assess the people in the office who F******* HATE DOGS.

Why is there this assumption by so many people that everyone LOVES having dogs around? You express the fact that you really don't like the smelly, noisy, stupid animals and people think there's something wrong with you.

At least someone agrees with me in the comments section:

"For those of us who don't like dogs it wouldn't reduce stress at all, rather it would significantly increase it. For truly cynophobic people it would be a significant increase in stress and distraction.

We may be "a nation of animal lovers", but not necessarily everyone and all animals."

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here