Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] Brexit

If there was a second Brexit referendum how would you vote?

• Total voters

ManOfSussex

We wunt be druv
Apr 11, 2016
Rape of Hastings, Sussex
interesting suggestion that visit to Holland was at their invitation.

I think that he simply suggested to her that she visits a few coffee shops in Amsterdam when it all went tits up. I'm not sure it was a formal invitation

If she's after advice on a letter of intent or an addendum by The EU on the backstop then Mark Rutte is just the man she needs, as that what he got for the Dutch Parliament to ratify the EU Association Agreement on Ukraine.

Last edited:

Blue3

Jan 27, 2014
Lancing
Yes trying to run down the clock until circa 22nd Jan and hoping panic and fear will push MP's off to vote for it. Could take a short term GE off the table, so interesting to see what Labour do...

Have the Government stated a timetable for Mrs Mays European tour and then a vote or could this in theory go right up to the 28th March, if that were the case then a vote of no confidence must be put forward

Is it PotG?

Thrifty non-licker
Feb 20, 2017
Sussex by the Sea
Have the Government stated a timetable for Mrs Mays European tour and then a vote or could this in theory go right up to the 28th March, if that were the case then a vote of no confidence must be put forward

Can't bear the woman, but replace with whom and for what reason?

We're going, the EU won't change the terms and UK won't accept the deal. What gives?

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
So how long is she going to carry this sham on for?

How many more times is she going to be told the deal is the deal?

I think she will delay and delay, to panic Parliament into accepting her deal, because nobody wants a No Deal. It's a cowardly way to run a country.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
I think she will delay and delay, to panic Parliament into accepting her deal, because nobody wants a No Deal. It's a cowardly way to run a country.

The cowardly way to run a country is to call a referendum and then flounce off in a huff when the result goes against you. May is at least trying to deliver what the majority voted for in the referendum while facing nothing but hindrance from all sides.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
I'm starting to feel sorry for the leave voters.

Even I thought that they would have found out what they voted for by now :shrug:

I still know people who are insisting they knew what they voted for. If I try and ask them, I get put in my place. Funnily enough, they are quite aggressive about it.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
The cowardly way to run a country is to call a referendum and then flounce off in a huff when the result goes against you. May is at least trying to deliver what the majority voted for in the referendum while facing nothing but hindrance from all sides.

I agree Cameron is the bigger coward, but May is also very stubborn. Leavers are just as disgruntled as Remainers, as we will still have to abide by EU rules, and pay the money (which was marked for the NHS!!) but have no say in any of it. Her deal ties us to Europe.

Blue3

Jan 27, 2014
Lancing
Unfortunately he hasn't got any clout as the Speaker. After today, Parliament has an 18 day holiday for Christmas.

The Tories attack dogs have been set on Burcow BBC news reports;

Commons leader Andrea Leadsom has questioned Speaker John Bercow's impartiality over Brexit.
It followed his criticism of the government's decision to cancel Tuesday's crunch vote on Brexit.
Mr Bercow said that doing so was being "deeply discourteous" to MPs.
Mrs Leadsom told BBC Radio 4's Today: "He's made his views on Brexit on the record, and the problem with that of course is that the chair's impartiality is absolutely essential."
She was asked whether she believed Mr Bercow's position - chairing debates in the House of Commons - was "tainted", she replied: "He's made his views known on Brexit... it's a matter for him but nevertheless it's a challenge and all colleagues need to form their own view of that."

This Government really is acting like a dictatorship anything it doesn't like is ignored and any criticism from anyone is undermined remember Bercow is a Tory MP but is being portrayed as being biased against the Government when in reality he is trying to keep this contemptuous Government from implementing anything it sees fit without any checks and boundaries

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patron
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks
DA768357-6B90-477C-BCCC-EED788756D57.jpeg
This has aged well

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
I agree Cameron is the bigger coward, but May is also very stubborn. Leavers are just as disgruntled as Remainers, as we will still have to abide by EU rules, and pay the money (which was marked for the NHS!!) but have no say in any of it. Her deal ties us to Europe.

We were told by Leavers that no one in their right mind believed that bus for a second?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here