Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] On the eve of battle: tell our players why we just gotta beat ‘them lot’

Dougie

Jan 11, 2012
I am calm enough thank you and a good try at side tracking the thread So how about you now piss off back the BBS

I get it now . You had a senior moment and thought you was a palace fan . It all makes sense now .

LlcoolJ

Mama said knock you out.
Oct 14, 2009
Sheffield
Like wise .
I'm glad we agree. You should **** off too. Oh and it's one word you thick gimp "likewise".

Conversing with the Palace morons who come on here is like a cross between care in the community and shooting fish in a barrel.

I feel sorry for them but then they just ask to be mocked.

melias shoes

Oct 14, 2010
I bloody hope they give an arse, this is not just another game

Abso'bloody'lutely. This is Not just another game. This is THE game for me. It is great being a premier league side, I love it. When it comes to playing the Croydon scum nothing but nothing is more important than beating them. Nothing.

Taybha

Whalewhine
Oct 8, 2008
Uwantsumorwat
Coz it takes me 5 hours to get home , and if we don't win iv'e got to look at hundreds of bedwetting posts from big girls blouses for a week XX

Se20

Banned
Oct 3, 2012
I'm glad we agree. You should **** off too. Oh and it's one word you thick gimp "likewise".

Conversing with the Palace morons who come on here is like a cross between care in the community and shooting fish in a barrel.

I feel sorry for them but then they just ask to be mocked.

Shocking punctuation.

Baldseagull

Jan 26, 2012
Crawley
Yes I agree that they care, but I suppose it's all about how far you take it. Rivalry is one thing, hatred is quite another and has no place in football, or society in general for that matter.

I "hate" Palace as much as I "love" Brighton. I love winning against them, I hate losing to them. I suspect fans that push the rivalry down do so because they don't want to risk the hurt that comes from defeat, take a chance, tie some emotion to it, get hurt if we lose and love it all the more when we win.

blue-shifted

Banned
Feb 20, 2004
a galaxy far far away
I "hate" Palace as much as I "love" Brighton. I love winning against them, I hate losing to them. I suspect fans that push the rivalry down do so because they don't want to risk the hurt that comes from defeat, take a chance, tie some emotion to it, get hurt if we lose and love it all the more when we win.

You are absolutely right. After the 5-0, the pain was almost too much to bear, I found myself thinking trying to convince myself I didn't care to save me from feeling like that again. It was bollocks though of course it was. I want us to do those pigs more than I want anything else out of this football season ... and i'm prepared to put myself out there again .... we should all be

Justice

Dangerous Idiot
Jun 21, 2012
Born In Shoreham
Pretty much this really. I doubt the players or management could give an arse who the opposition is, three points is three points at the end of the day, and another step closer to our survival target.
You obviously didn’t go to the 0-1 away then no one in the ground gave a stuff about 3 points just beating the scum. You need to get some passion inside you man.

blue-shifted

Banned
Feb 20, 2004
a galaxy far far away
You obviously didn’t go to the 0-1 away then no one in the ground gave a stuff about 3 points just beating the scum. You need to get some passion inside you man.

Anyone who was there for McShane's goal wouldn't ever post the "I think like a player would", "it's only 3 points", "aren't I grown up" blah blah blah, bollocks.

I ended up getting pushed 4 rows in front, quite an achievement in all-seater

Wardy's twin

Oct 21, 2014
something like...

Once more unto the breach, dear friends, once more;
Or close the wall up with our English dead!
In peace there's nothing so becomes a man
As modest stillness and humility:
But when the blast of war blows in our ears,
Then imitate the action of the tiger;
Stiffen the sinews, summon up the blood,
Disguise fair nature with hard-favoured rage;
Then lend the eye a terrible aspect.

Shakespeare

melias shoes

Oct 14, 2010

I was there that night. You're absolutely right. When the ball flew off Mcshane into the net. The celebration by 3000 delirious fans was something I have never experienced and I was at Anfield in 83. Even better was they had what they thought was a late equalising goal ruled out. Magnificent.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here