Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Other Sport] Wilder vs Fury

DJ NOBO

Jul 18, 2004
Wiltshire
100% agree with that. It's possibly because in the 80's i used to listen to big fights on a small transistor radio in my room having already gone to bed. The atmosphere you get from the radio, combined with your imagination, is magical.

Tyson v Bruno ? Good times

Poojah

Nov 19, 2010
Leeds
It’s an intriguing fight for sure. I’m wary or writing Fury off because I absolutely did that when he fought Klitschko and was shocked and pleased in equal measure when he completely outfought and outboxed him. However, let’s just put into perspective what’s happened in the three years since then.

The man has gained, and lost ten stone. He’s put substances into his body, presumably in significant quantities, which do not contribute well to being an elite athlete. He’s experienced huge amounts of distress through well documented mental health issues. And his preparation to this fight has been against two boxers frankly not fit to be in the same ring as him; against neither of which did he look particularly brilliant.

Then look at what he’s up against. An undefeated, Heavyweight world champion. A champion who has won 40 out of 40 fights, 39 by knockout. Has he fought many world beaters? Perhaps not. But he’s an incredibly good boxer nonetheless and his body and mind have not been through them turmoil of Fury’s.

I’d love him to do it - in spite of one or two controversial views he’s shared previously he’s someone I quite admire for his outspoken openness and what he’s already achieved. But logic tells me that you can’t go through what he’s gone through in such a short space of time and be anywhere near the level you need to be at to win a fight of this calibre.

I honestly hope I’m wrong, but I don’t think I will be.

Algernon

Sep 9, 2012
Newmarket.
I've not liked Fury from the day I first saw him on tv but strangely I'm warming to him and I have no real idea why.
I hope he wins this fight.

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
I've not liked Fury from the day I first saw him on tv but strangely I'm warming to him and I have no real idea why.
I hope he wins this fight.

Same. He has charmed me somehow despite me viewing him as a nasty **** for most of his career. I’m all for the Gypsy King now!

Feb 23, 2009
Brighton factually.....
5 a.m start time. That's the sort of time I wake up for a piss these days.

It is going to live on the radio, not sure what to do, I could drink and stay up for the fight, but more than likely I would start watching ancient aliens and fall asleep dribbling on the sofa, or not drink and go to bed early and get up and watch the fight with a full English and go back to bed about quaver past five. I am actually excited about the fight, although I could have all enthusiasm for life blown away by 4.49pm today when we more than likely get turned over again in Yorkshire.

Sorry folks I am naturally a half empty kind of guy, thinking about the next pint or glass after two sips, furtively glancing at the bar seeing how long the Que is or will be....

GoingUp

Aug 14, 2011
Sussex By The Sea
Alot of none purists saying the fight we be boring if Fury boxes Wilder's head off, like he did against Wlad. Im not sure how people can say that I was on the edge of my seat, because one lazy jab or lapse in concentration etc and Fury will could be sparked out. Its not like Fury has a granite chin and thats only further exaggerated by the fact that he is fighting Wilder, it should be tense!

I hope Fury wins, its just whether he can avoid getting hit clean for 12 rounds. Ortiz even Szpilka were doing a great job before Wilder finally landed on them.

Hendrax

Jan 23, 2013
Worthing
Having a nightmare trying to order this through sky. Having to buy it from BT with skyQ box number for them to activate.

Their buying service isn't working, 90 in the queue to speak to someone and they have a message saying to keep refreshing the payment screen till it goes through.

I don't feel great about refresh g a £20 payment page dozens of times. Been trying for over 30mins. Still not working.

LlcoolJ

Mama said knock you out.
Oct 14, 2009
Sheffield
Having a nightmare trying to order this through sky. Having to buy it from BT with skyQ box number for them to activate.

Their buying service isn't working, 90 in the queue to speak to someone and they have a message saying to keep refreshing the payment screen till it goes through.

I don't feel great about refresh g a £20 payment page dozens of times. Been trying for over 30mins. Still not working.
Just stream it then.

Megazone

On his last warning
Jan 28, 2015
Northern Hemisphere.

From what i'm hearing, loads of people are dealing with the same issue. Complete joke.

Hope it gets sorted for you.

LlcoolJ

Mama said knock you out.
Oct 14, 2009
Sheffield

Sorry, I sounded like a dick then. Just I was saying to a mate earlier on today that I've not paid to watch a fight for years as it's such a rip off.

I pay a fortune for football and cricket because streams won't do but for a fight......

Hendrax

Jan 23, 2013
Worthing
Sorry, I sounded like a dick then. Just I was saying to a mate earlier on today that I've not paid to watch a fight for years as it's such a rip off.

I pay a fortune for football and cricket because streams won't do but for a fight......

No need to apologise. I pay for fights when I feel they deserve the outlay.

There are plenty of streams currently but from my experience as soon as the main event starts all the streams go to shit.

BT managed to sort it by us paying directly over support chat....

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here