Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Misc] Monogamy vs Polyamory?

Wilko

LUZZING chairs about
Sep 19, 2003
BN1
I can’t really begin to imagine how a non monogamous relationship would work, especially in a way that all parties were equal.

Well my opinion on the documentary was that it didn't really work, there seemed to be one member of the relationship that sort of accommodated it simply to not lose their partner.

The Optimist

NSC Patron
Apr 6, 2008
Lewisham
Well my opinion on the documentary was that it didn't really work, there seemed to be one member of the relationship that sort of accommodated it simply to not lose their partner.

I suppose I should point out that I haven’t seen the documentary yet.

Is it Islam that allows men to have more than one wife but the man has to be able to support all his wives and treat them equally?

marlowe

Dec 13, 2015
I haven't seen the documentary but I think a lot of polyamoric relationships are based on satisfying the selfish needs of the individual with the multiple partners who probably wouldn't be prepared to fully embrace the values of polyamorphy if the roles were reversed and they were one of the multiple partners expected to share the affections of the primary controlling partner. A lot of men of wealth and power have polyamoric arrangements with a coterie of on tap female sexual partners but from whom they expect and demand total fidelity. John Paul Getty had such an arrangement and had about five long term live-in lovers who he expected total devoted loyalty from.
The Marquess of Bath also has a well known polyamoric arrangement with his various "wifelets". Apparently the police have been called on a few occasions to his mansion to deal with the brawls which break out between his wifelets which are usually motivated by their jealousy of one another.

BLOCK F

Feb 26, 2009
Who is this girl, Polly Amory?
She seems to attract a lot of attention.
Pictures please!:D:lolol:

pishhead

Jul 9, 2003
Everywhere
It's an interesting discussion. I think moving from poly to mono is part of the evolutionary period of our species. If you look at the remaining primitive hunter gatherers left they seem to have a mixture of both, having mono relationships but for a shorter period of time before moving onto their next mate.

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
We used to play Monogamy every Christmas as kids. Dreadful.

I was glad when Waddingtons bought out ‘Finger the Neighbours daughter’

Edit .......not sure it was brought out by Waddingtons...it might have been thought of by my mate Chris.

Last edited:

Is it PotG?

Thrifty non-licker
Feb 20, 2017
Sussex by the Sea
Ask Miss Hoolie

519XQ29AP7L._SY445_.jpg

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
Can't categorise humans like that. we have the ability to entertain abstract thought and to hold two opinions at the same time. Our views on such matters change throughout our life and through experience and interaction with other humans. A bloke may stick his willy in lots of birds thinking that's the way humans are built then he meets "the one" and changes his mind about it.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here