Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] There is ZERO chance of SIGNING anyone today.

Wiggy Power

Feb 25, 2009
With Utd upping the interest in Harry Maguire, I hope and pray that Dunk is not seen as a replacement. Nervous last few day maybe!

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Jul 5, 2003
Bristol
I still have a sneaky feeling we’re looking at the icing being a new ST to replace Hemed IF we get a decent offer for him (30 yrs old and 2 yrs on contract; if a Champ promotion contender wants 15-20 goals then he’s your man - that’ll be £7-10m please).

Naylor has eluded to his availability at every possible point as the final sentence in his transfer round ups AND CH stated we could still do something more than a CB if the price and fit was right for an exceptional player.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Bas Dost would be great. Totally different to anything we have, experienced, and able to play the Murray role.
We need four strikers so if we do sell Hemed i'm certain it will mean we have a replacement lined up.

Johnny RoastBeef

These aren't the players you're looking for.
Jan 11, 2016
With Utd upping the interest in Harry Maguire, I hope and pray that Dunk is not seen as a replacement. Nervous last few day maybe!

I'm not sure Leicester would be a big enough pull to lure Dunk away from us. I get the feeling it would take a top six side to do that.

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
I still have a sneaky feeling we’re looking at the icing being a new ST to replace Hemed IF we get a decent offer for him (30 yrs old and 2 yrs on contract; if a Champ promotion contender wants 15-20 goals then he’s your man - that’ll be £7-10m please).

Naylor has eluded to his availability at every possible point as the final sentence in his transfer round ups AND CH stated we could still do something more than a CB if the price and fit was right for an exceptional player.

Now to me, that would be brilliant and much better use of funds, especially if we get £6m+ for Tomer.

schmunk

"Members"
Jan 19, 2018
Mid mid mid Sussex
Bas Dost would be great. Totally different to anything we have, experienced, and able to play the Murray role.
We need four strikers so if we do sell Hemed i'm certain it will mean we have a replacement lined up.

Given he's just signed a new three year contract with Sporting CP, it's fairly unlikely he's coming our way any time soon.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
I hope your right but money talks.

Money didn't talk when Burnley wanted Dale Stephens.

Too late in the window for Tony to sell now. Leicester should have got their act together in June but have now missed the boat. Tough, really.

British Bulldog

The great escape
Feb 6, 2006

Why would he go to a team that finished 2nd to us in the hunt for Mr Jaffa cake?

Barham's tash

Jun 8, 2013
Rayners Lane

British Bulldog

The great escape
Feb 6, 2006

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
Be interesting to see if Hemed does go? will we bring in another striker or stick with what we have?
On the last day of the last summer window we had just 3 strikers and were then in a mad after hours failed attempt to sign Vincent Jannsen.

We clearly want 4 strikers. If we don't replace a sold Hemed then Gyokeres is by default striker numero 4.

fleet

Jul 28, 2003
On the last day of the last summer window we had just 3 strikers and were then in a mad after hours failed attempt to sign Vincent Jannsen.

We clearly want 4 strikers. If we don't replace a sold Hemed then Gyokeres is by default striker numero 4.

If Hemed is our only fit striker for Watford it sorts of ends the debate

Gabbiano

Dec 18, 2017
Spank the Manc
If nothing else, we should have some U23s tomorrow.

Billy Arce has said all of his goodbyes on Twitter and is swanning around Madrid taking tourist selfies. Surely imminent?

Naylor reckoned Anders Dreyer would sign today or tomorrow and he didnt sign today.

Naylor also said there would probably be another U23 signing as well as Dreyer. Don't know if he meant Arce or someone else...

Barham's tash

Jun 8, 2013
Rayners Lane
If Hemed is our only fit striker for Watford it sorts of ends the debate

I’m pretty certain by now that Naylor only prints club sanctioned transfer news/info therefore this time is he says Hemed is available then I’d say he’s available and the club have another plan. Who knows maybe Hemed’s slightly dour demeanour in pre season is because he knows he’s part of a convoluted deal that’s waiting to conclude?

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold

Thank goodness we did fail to sign Jannsen.

fleet

Jul 28, 2003
I’m pretty certain by now that Naylor only prints club sanctioned transfer news/info therefore this time is he says Hemed is available then I’d say he’s available and the club have another plan. Who knows maybe Hemed’s slightly dour demeanour in pre season is because he knows he’s part of a convoluted deal that’s waiting to conclude?

I was expecting a full end to the window for us, but maybe not!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here