Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Nutribullet.

5ways

Sep 18, 2012
Oh no no, I didn't mean entirely replace it. Only add to what I consume per day, I've often found myself only having 1 piece of fruit and then veg in the evening per day; wish to boost my consumption.

So long as it doesn't taste too good - that's cheating. In my mind it has to taste both healthy and green. :D

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patreon
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Ten years ago I was diagnosed with diverticlosis owing to years of eating korma and other roughage free shite. Given that I'm a lazy sod I needed something in the fridge I could use to make curry, fish stew, etc with quickly in the evening. I found that chopped celery and garlic, seasoned with herbs and spices (a long list I won't bore you with), chopped beetroot, kale and other veggy variants, topped with a layer of best quality tomato, all roasted with healthy oil, will keep in the fridge for at least ten days. I haven't been doubled up, desperate to evacuate liquid death, hunting for the one free cubicle on the train in the morning, for ten years.

I used to blend the veggies. Mistake. The subtlety of the flavour and texture is lost.

Dorset Seagull

Once Dolphin, Now Seagull
I must admit that I don't get what blending fruit and veggies brings that just eating them doesn't. Or do we have a lot of people without teeth?

The wife bought one as I am not a fan of many green veggies but when all blended together with nice fruit and juices you can't actually taste the likes of kale etc. I love my morning veggie breakfast in liquid form but could never eat some of those things on a plate in their natural state.

Dick Swiveller

Sep 9, 2011
We got a Breville version that was only 20 quid, and it brilliant. I've been on lanzoprazole for years, but there is fruit based recipe that I now have daily and I've been able to kick the pills into touch
I'm intrigued as I suffer from acid - do you have a link please?

Bwian

Kiss my (_!_)
Jul 14, 2003

B-right-on

Living the dream
Apr 23, 2015
Shoreham Beaaaach
Mrs bought one about 2 years ago and used it for a whole week, then put above the cupboards next to her 'must have' Gordon Ramsey £500 mixer thingy. Getting a nice collection of expensive dust collectors.

What can you say?? :annoyed:

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
Mrs bought one about 2 years ago and used it for a whole week, then put above the cupboards next to her 'must have' Gordon Ramsey £500 mixer thingy. Getting a nice collection of expensive dust collectors.

What can you say?? :annoyed:

See I was sceptical but genuinely it gets used most days even after a year. The key is getting frozen fruits from the supermarket in your freezer, or if you are organised split up fresh fruit into portions for each day.

I use mine to get fruit & veg intake up as well as varying protein shakes after gym

whitelion

Dec 16, 2003
Southwick
I prefer to crunch on apples and carrots etc. I'm sure it's far healthier to use your teeth and jaws and of course making your digestive system work rather than swallow a goop of whatever.

Muhammed - I’m hard - Bruce Lee

You can't change fighters
NSC Patreon
Jul 25, 2005
on a pig farm
I like to eat my vegetables. Love a stir fry with mange toutes, baby corn, celery etc.

I could see me using it for fruit though as I don't really like eating it. Equally though, I could see it in the back of the cupboard next to the bread maker that I about 5 years ago and used til the novelty wore off

scooter1

How soon is now?
[MENTION=459]Bwian[/MENTION] @dick swivvler
I got the breville thing from Woolworth on line, it's called a blend active. The recipe is 1 inch thick slice of pineapple diced, 1 banana, half a cup of pineapple juice, 2 ice cubes and a couple of large desert spoons of natural yoghurt. Blitz and enjoy. I often add strawberries or blue berries, just for a change

WATFORD zero

NSC Patreon
Jul 10, 2003
The best thing about the Nutribullet is that Mrs Wz dropped hints about it 2 weeks before her birthday last year saving me the arduous task of trying to think of something :thumbsup:

Dick Swiveller

Sep 9, 2011
[MENTION=459]Bwian[/MENTION] @dick swivvler
I got the breville thing from Woolworth on line, it's called a blend active. The recipe is 1 inch thick slice of pineapple diced, 1 banana, half a cup of pineapple juice, 2 ice cubes and a couple of large desert spoons of natural yoghurt. Blitz and enjoy. I often add strawberries or blue berries, just for a change
Thanks - I'll give it a look.

Bwian

Kiss my (_!_)
Jul 14, 2003
@Bwian @dick swivvler

Thanks. I will give it a try.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here