Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Born again early leaver

dwayne

Jul 5, 2003
London
Left after the second goal. Shame I missed a couple of goals but not overly bothered.

Looking forward to Fulham and Brentford

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
Very fortunate today. Left on the whistle and a bus was waiting at Falmer Station. Although I had to walk up from Lewes Road to Queens Park, I was in by 5.35. That's possibly a record for me.

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
It began sooner than that where I was in ESL. I had a superb front row seat. Marvellous it was. The rest of those in the rows behind didn't agree and a lot of them left around '60 mins...

In fairness, for many folk today there were major travel worries and evening commitments.

1066familyman

Radio User
Jan 15, 2008
Why people leave early when the game was that close! I'm sure the people in front of me today left at half time!

I never leave early from any game, even stayed to applaud the players off in THAT play off semi, but today I was a gnat's tadger away from spitting my dummy out at half time and going home to be honest. I'm so glad I didn't, but that first half really took the biscuit.

Bombadier Botty

Complete Twaddle
Jun 2, 2008
Cycling away from the Amex just after the final whistle, I always overtake Albion fans on foot already past The Bridge car park and often beyond that into Moulescoomb. I could understand leaving early to avoid bus/train queues, but to walk home or to a car parked in a local street? Does missing that 5/10 minutes at the end of each match really make that much difference to such people?

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
The guys in front have missed every single goal scored after 80mins since the AMEX opened, including the first game.

As 1066 said today was the day I almost went at half-time.
That was the worst and longest first 45 minutes EVER, there was no way I could sit though that kind of performance again.
Fortunately we didn't have too.

BHAFC_Pandapops

Citation Needed
Feb 16, 2011
In fairness, for many folk today there were major travel worries and evening commitments.

Yeah, I was actually quite pleased with the amount of folks who turned out today, especially with it being the day after the big one and all.

nwgull

Jul 25, 2003
Manchester
Left after the second goal. Shame I missed a couple of goals but not overly bothered.

Looking forward to Fulham and Brentford

Glad the players don't give up so easily. The second half was really entertaining: we could've scored 4.

bn1&bn3 Albion

Jan 15, 2011
Portslade
I left at half time as it seemed no one bar 10 or so people were interested in creating any sort of atmosphere.. 2nd time I've ever left early, karma I guess...

South Stand Bonfire

Who lit that match then?
NSC Patron
Jan 24, 2009
Shoreham-a-la-mer
I thought the first half was poor but no way was it as bad as the Millwall game. The first goal was a gift and the second the result of poor marking/a good header/deflection but not a reason to leave at half time, especially after our first goal. We are still missing the quality but at least we had a bit of passion from the team in the second half.

Gazwag

5 millionth post poster
Mar 4, 2004
Bexhill-on-Sea
There were a couple who left the ns after their second, why bother coming at all if you are going to leave after 20 minutes when is not going your way.

I would like to commend the railways, best service to and from Lewes EVER.

goldstone

Jul 5, 2003
I left at half time as it seemed no one bar 10 or so people were interested in creating any sort of atmosphere.. 2nd time I've ever left early, karma I guess...

Well, you can feck right off and not bother coming to another game. What an idiot. Yes, the first half was truly awful, but it's a football game ... and performances have been known to improve however unlikely it may seem.

Brovion

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Why people leave early when the game was that close! I'm sure the people in front of me today left at half time!
It's been discussed before. People leave early because they're disgusted by the team's performance and want to show it, no other reason. (Although some say they want to do it because they need to get home for Strictly etc, etc, etc).

Dick Head

⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
Jan 3, 2010
Quaxxann
I wonder if these people buy a Twix & throw half away, or the last bite even?

They might do if the first half is horrible.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here