Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Martin Montoya

Thunder Bolt

Ordinary Supporter
Yes. It was a legitimate reply to other posts, all conducted in good nature, and validated by approval. 'Banter' - a much abused term but appropriate in this context - there was no malice on either side. Sorry, you'll need to deal with it.

OK, if yrou like I should have put 'Pax' at the end of my post too - happy now?

No. Ive never abused you in any football thread or in the Brexit thread so why you felt the need to try to get round the swear filter to make a supposedly humorous comment is beyond me. It's not big and it's not clever.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
No. Ive never abused you in any football thread or in the Brexit thread so why you felt the need to try to get round the swear filter to make a supposedly humorous comment is beyond me. It's not big and it's not clever.

I've never abused you either. I made a comment. Justified in view of the amount of shit that gets chucked around on the Brexit threads (if you are offended here, you really should expose your sensitivities to one of the Brexit threads!) This thread, believe it or not, was - and is - on the level of friendly banter.. Now please don't be so precious.

Thunder Bolt

Ordinary Supporter
I've never abused you either. I made a comment. Justified in view of the amount of shit that gets chucked around on the Brexit threads (if you are offended here, you really should expose your sensitivities to one of the Brexit threads!) This thread, believe it or not, was - and is - on the level of friendly banter.. Now please don't be so precious.

I have posted on the Brexit threads many times. I'm not being precious, i don't see it as banter or necessary. You think differently

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
I have posted on the Brexit threads many times. I'm not being precious, i don't see it as banter or necessary. You think differently

I am talking about posting on here, not on Brexit threads. On here, there is friendly banter - on those there is not. I am happy with banter on here, as opposed to the vitriol on those - but then, perhaps that is my ability to multi-task.

albionite

May 20, 2009
Never seen him either, but just been out for a drink with my Valencia season ticket holder mate, and his son and him rate him very highly and are gutted to see him leave, as are many of their fans. Not sure where one of the comments previously about Valencia and Barca fans hating him comes from???

That’s good to know, we will find out soon enough if he is an improvement of what we already have.

spence

British and Proud
Oct 15, 2014
Crawley
Absolutely delighted to get another Spaniard in. I thought Bruno would be one of the last dying embers for a while.. We have been graced with some real quality from that part of the world.

rogersix

Jan 18, 2014
I honestly tried but I couldn't find one positive comment on twitter for Montoya.....

If this is to be completed, it would be the worst thing in an otherwise stellar recruitment campaign for Fulham, the boy just flat out does not know how to play football, really really over hyped awful player.

I remember him at Barcelona, what a flop. There was a game when Thiago & Xavi flat out refused to pass to him, even when he was the only player available to receive a pass. They'd rather lose the ball than pass to him.

I think there is a consensus between most Valencia fans that Martín Montoya is the weak spot. A new right back is well needed.

Martin Montoya had a total nightmare yesterday. Gave away two penalties, and weak defending in Marcelo’s goal. Valencia should invest in a new rightback if they qualify for the UCL next season. First priority should still be signing Kondogbia and Guedes permanently though.

We can't even offer Martin Montoya as a sacrifice this time ffs https://t.co/FdsDo0zMdI

Very bad. Martin Montoya makes me wish Antonio Barragan and Joao Cancelo was still on the squad.

Much-needed signing for valencia. Right back was a huge weak point last season, Martin Montoya was error prone and Ruben Vezo could only offer anything on the defensive end of things when played out of position. https://t.co/rbViy1qcOI

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

:ffsparr:

BN41Albion

Oct 1, 2017
One of the most important aspects of a new RB for me is how he can link up with Knocky. It is no secret Knocky plays better with Bruno behind him than with anyone else.

Absolutely this. I have really high hopes for Knockaert this season after the way he finished last. Seems driven to succeed this season, too. But, as you say, his best games are certainly when he's playing in front of Bruno. So silky watching them link up! Hopefully Montoya can link up with him in the same way. Bloody exciting !!

saafend_seagull

Jul 5, 2003
BN1
I'm still fuming re the bbc especially 5 live utterly ignoring our transfer(s), to talk about Fulham and Palace... especially Fulham. So we're bringing in a RB from Valencia but apparently it's bigger news that Palace are signing a Championship player... hmmmm...

Honestly, they kept talking about deals on the way around 5-6pm, knowing full well where we stood, and yet ignored us completely.

The Fulham love in is/was excruciating... I'm seriously in need of a sick bag.

We're still miles under the radar, miles. I actually think the beeb consider us a league 1 team made good... aw bless, little Brighton playing with the likes of Palace and the perennial world beaters Fulham... JESUS wept!

These kind of posts are complete cringe.

Why the fk would you give a toss about what media say ? It means absolutely nothing and has no bearing on anything.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

BN41Albion

Oct 1, 2017

Why the fk would you give a toss about what media say ? It means absolutely nothing and has no bearing on anything.

Exactly. Some of our signings surprised everyone last year (and Gross especially certainly got a lot of media attention towards the end of the season when pundits were discussing the bargains of the season) , and I'm quietly confident that the same will happen this year. Fulham and Wolves suddenly seem to have a st!tload of expectation on their shoulders. Im glad that we've been able to quietly go about our business - some of our signings again seem very astute.

Whitechapel

Famous Last Words
Jul 19, 2014
Not in Whitechapel

The same people who moan about us being under the radar will be the same people moaning that too many of our games are moved for Sky. We can’t both be under the radar and live on TV too much, make your mind up.

:shrug:

The Wookiee

Back From The Dead
Nov 10, 2003
Worthing
The same people who moan about us being under the radar will be the same people moaning that too many of our games are moved for Sky. We can’t both be under the radar and live on TV too much, make your mind up.

:shrug:

And the same people that moan that we arent higher up the order on Match Of The Day :tosser:

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here