Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Liam Moore

NooBHA

Jan 13, 2015
Agree that he has been very valuable in keeping us up and in the current way that we play but i think if we stay up this year and push on then Hughton will be looking for more from his centre halves.

Putting it another way, there is a lot of speculation both on here and in the broader footballing world that one day a big money bid could come in for Dunk from one of the top teams. Could you ever see the situation where a team with genuine aspirations to qualify for Europe or even just finish in the top half of the table would put a bid in for Duffy? I personally could never see that happen because he is not good enough.

Don't care. We are not that cub yet - We are at this moment a defensive club still looking to survive and Shane Duffy suits that need. Don't run before you can walk. Yves Bissouma..........I am gonna post elsewhere on him...........WHAT A TALENT !

wellquickwoody

Many More Voting Years
NSC Patron
Aug 10, 2007
Melbourne
Not at all sorry for Reading or their fans, it was them luring Brightons players and even Manager away not so long ago, but I don't like a player sticking in a transfer request.

To be fair, I do. It shows honesty. The player foregoes some financial benefits, and the selling team get to replace the individual with a player who is not sulking, if they want to. They could always refuse to sell him.

n1 gull

Jul 25, 2003
Hurstpierpoint
To be fair, I do. It shows honesty. The player foregoes some financial benefits, and the selling team get to replace the individual with a player who is not sulking, if they want to. They could always refuse to sell him.

I agree seems like an honest move to me and it's not last second either so they have plenty of time to spend the money

b.w.2.

Jan 8, 2004
I suggest he should have insisted on a release fee figure in his contract before he signed it at a level he deems appropriate, or wait till his contract expires. He signed a contract, he is their player.

Well, these are fair points if you have good foresight. However, given he doesn’t have that release clause, and unlike you, I don’t believe he deserves criticism for trying to force through a move back to the Prem and away from a relegation-threatened Champ club.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

b.w.2.

Jan 8, 2004
It probably raises the value of the bid to Reading, it is usual that the player gets a percentage of the transfer fee, unless he has handed a transfer request in, in which case he gets none of it.

Which just shows how much he wants to move away from Tinpot FC. Again, I cannot see why you are criticising him for trying to further his career, also taking a short-term financial hit.

Spanish Seagulls

Nov 18, 2007
Ladbroke Grove
Which just shows how much he wants to move away from Tinpot FC. Again, I cannot see why you are criticising him for trying to further his career, also taking a short-term financial hit.

Short term being the operative word there. I imagine he'll get a wage rise sufficiently negating any financial loss he may suffer initially.

chaileyjem

#BarberIn
NSC Patron
Jun 27, 2012
Hughton confirmed yesterday , again , they are looking for a 4th centre back.

"For where we are at the moment, probably the only position - and this is because of numbers - is at centre-half.
"We've got the two that played last season (Lewis Dunk and Shane Duffy), we've brought in (Leon) Balogun and we want four centre-halves, which is normal.
"We're working as hard as we can.
"Unless the unexpected happens, which we don't expect it to, it will only be that position we're looking at.
"But this is football, that doesn't mean something won't happen in the last week. But we don't expect it to and, at this moment, we're not planning for it."
https://www.brightonandhoveindepend...-more-unless-the-unexpected-happens-1-8583476

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton

"For where we are at the moment, probably the only position - and this is because of numbers - is at centre-half.
"We've got the two that played last season (Lewis Dunk and Shane Duffy), we've brought in (Leon) Balogun and we want four centre-halves, which is normal.
"Unless the unexpected happens, which we don't expect it to, it will only be that position we're looking at.
"But this is football, that doesn't mean something won't happen in the last week. But we don't expect it to and, at this moment, we're not planning for it."
https://www.brightonandhoveindepend...-more-unless-the-unexpected-happens-1-8583476

A slightly worrying reminder that the ‘unexpected’ could still occur in this window.
I think we can summarise what he means by the word ‘unexpected’ with aggressive bids for either/all of Izquierdo, Ryan, Dunk or Groß or long term injuries to key squad members.

I’d be happy with the window slamming shut now. Lot’s of envious eyes on us!

“No one would have believed in the last years of the twentieth century that our club was being watched keenly and closely by other teams greater than ours and yet as mortal as our own; that as Tony and his team busied themselves about their various concerns they were scrutinised and studied, perhaps almost as narrowly as a man with a microscope might scrutinise the transient creatures that swarm and multiply in a drop of water........No one gave a thought to bigger teams as sources of footballing danger, or thought of them only to dismiss the idea of an atmosphere in their stadia as impossible or improbable. It is curious to recall some of the mental habits of those departed days.......Yet across the gulf of Europe, clubs that are to our minds as ours is to Lewes FC, intellects vast and cool and unsympathetic, regard our club with envious eyes, and slowly and surely, they are drawing their plans against us.”

Armchair

Mar 3, 2009
“No one would have believed in the last years of the twentieth century that our club was being watched keenly and closely by other teams greater than ours and yet as mortal as our own; that as Tony and his team busied themselves about their various concerns they were scrutinised and studied, perhaps almost as narrowly as a man with a microscope might scrutinise the transient creatures that swarm and multiply in a drop of water........No one gave a thought to bigger teams as sources of footballing danger, or thought of them only to dismiss the idea of an atmosphere in their stadia as impossible or improbable. It is curious to recall some of the mental habits of those departed days.......Yet across the gulf of Europe, clubs that are to our minds as ours is to Lewes FC, intellects vast and cool and unsympathetic, regard our club with envious eyes, and slowly and surely, they are drawing their plans against us.”

Well done Sir. All we need now is Richard Burton reading it!

TSB

Captain Hindsight
Jul 7, 2003
Lansdowne Place, Hove

:lolol:
It's the way he tells 'em.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath

Could it be the domino affect that he is referring to in that a top 6 club like Chelsea buy Pickford and Everton by another keeper and that club then come in for Ryan or more simply Man U buy Maguire, Leicester buy Lascelles and Newcastle come on for Dunk or Duffy.

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
Could it be the domino affect that he is referring to in that a top 6 club like Chelsea buy Pickford and Everton by another keeper and that club then come in for Ryan or more simply Man U buy Maguire, Leicester buy Lascelles and Newcastle come on for Dunk or Duffy.

Not sure Newcastle could afford either regardless of what they get for Lascelles. Look like a club in turmoil to me.

chaileyjem

#BarberIn
NSC Patron
Jun 27, 2012

More like a serious long term injury I think BG which would force a loan or another emergency purchase outside of CB.

The club haven’t sold a player now for four years who was a first team , first choice regular.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham

Our players are under contract and everyone knows what happened the last time that nobbers tried to tap up one of our players.

I'm not remotely concerned.

Anyway, we are under the radar, our players are shite, and we are favourite for relegation. Luckily. :lolol:

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill

If Everton poach from a club below them, I think that club will be well within the realms of those Uncle Tony would happily tell to **** off - if Maty was even interested.

CH has to be prepared for a daft bid for the likes of Dunk from a top 6 club. I really can’t see any of our players leaving for a club outside the top 6.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
If, as the Reading Andy Naylor has said, the deal is on the medical stage, then the fee has ready been decided, and the personal terms too.

This post relates to Sam Baldock, not Liam Moore

Where’s the quote about medical stage pls? I’ve not seen this is it Twitter,?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here