Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

A thread full of songs with spoken words.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
A big gear shift and a little tenuous, but I don't care:-

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
[MENTION=28372]Tarpon[/MENTION] I went from Cash to Reed, as well.

Heroin was my first port of call, so searching has stopped for approximately 7.13.

Tarpon

Sep 12, 2013
BN1
[MENTION=28372]Tarpon[/MENTION] I went from Cash to Reed, as well.

Heroin was my first port of call, so searching has stopped for approximately 7.13.

Well Lou offers plenty of choice in the talk/sing department...as does Johnny.

The Sock of Poskett

The best is yet to come (spoiler alert)
Jun 12, 2009

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
I think I'm losing my way from the original conceit, but I need to get out of my Velvet Underground loop.
So ladies and gentlemen give you...

Tarpon

Sep 12, 2013
BN1
Talky Singy vocal warm up out take from Stipe & Co. Stipe 'sang' the liner notes from a gospel sleeve left in the studio to REM track backing...or something

brakespear

Doctor Worm
Feb 24, 2009
Sleeping on the roof
Just listened to this one earlier, masterful storytelling:

Last edited:

Tarpon

Sep 12, 2013
BN1

I decided against the Liam Neeson version...

atfc village

Mar 28, 2013
Lower Bourne .Farnham
Yep - listen to this most. Did you catch them live recently?
I did indeed ,saw Dexys for the first time Dominion Theatre in Sept 85 on The Don't stand me down tour as a15yr old and was blown away.The Roundhouse gig in June last year was quality ,he gets better with age .Lets hope it's not too long for another album and tour.

Tarpon

Sep 12, 2013
BN1
I did indeed ,saw Dexys for the first time Dominion Theatre in Sept 85 on The Don't stand me down tour as a15yr old and was blown away.The Roundhouse gig in June last year was quality ,he gets better with age .Lets hope it's not too long for another album and tour.

Nice one. To my shame I hadn't seen them until the other year at the Dome (missed an 80s gig due to car trouble!). Great night but I do wonder how much further he can push the theatrical bit. Think the hardcore will tolerate it but neutrals may quibble. No that he will take any notice. Got to love a fella who follows his own path.

atfc village

Mar 28, 2013
Lower Bourne .Farnham
Nice one. To my shame I hadn't seen them until the other year at the Dome (missed an 80s gig due to car trouble!). Great night but I do wonder how much further he can push the theatrical bit. Think the hardcore will tolerate it but neutrals may quibble. No that he will take any notice. Got to love a fella who follows his own path.
Top man is Kevin doesn't give 2 hoots about what people think,managed to get back stage at Guildford civic hall in 03 and had a chat with him .

One for the old farts among us.

If, by Telly Savalas. Kojak to you young whippersnappers, but you've probably never heard of him either.

If you've never seen a bald man smoking while preforming a "song" that was a number one hit your education is now complete.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J94-_w9ARX0

Who loves ya baby?

God, this Dow's port is slipping down a treat tonight :thumbsup:

Tarpon

Sep 12, 2013
BN1
Top man is Kevin doesn't give 2 hoots about what people think,managed to get back stage at Guildford civic hall in 03 and had a chat with him .

Huzzah! Always reassuring not to have your illusions shattered!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here