Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Bell Cheeses at work

Igzilla

Sep 27, 2012
Worthing
Just got into work, just my boss sitting at the desk. "Just us, then?" I say. "Oh," she says, "Daddy's Boy got on the wrong train this morning. I was standing next to him on the platform. Guildford train rolls in, Guildford train rolls out, no Daddy's Boy. I thought he was off getting a coffee, " she says.

:facepalm:

Badger

NOT the Honey Badger
NSC Patron
May 8, 2007
Toronto
Just got into work, just my boss sitting at the desk. "Just us, then?" I say. "Oh," she says, "Daddy's Boy got on the wrong train this morning. I was standing next to him on the platform. Guildford train rolls in, Guildford train rolls out, no Daddy's Boy. I thought he was off getting a coffee, " she says.

He was probably waiting for someone to TELL him which train he was supposed to get on.

I would consider him an utter Muppet if I didn't feel it an insult to Muppets, of whom I am quite fond.

Papa Lazarou

Living in a De Zerbi wonderland
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
On a more generic level, does anyone else have an office bellend who insists on saying 'good afternoon' to anyone who is more than 5 minutes late in the morning?

Or saying "half day?" or similar if you leave the office before 6pm on any day.

tinycowboy

Aug 9, 2008
Canterbury
On a more generic level, does anyone else have an office bellend who insists on saying 'good afternoon' to anyone who is more than 5 minutes late in the morning?

Or "Nice of you to join us". The person in my office was almost literally fuming with rage if anyone with children left early to go to a sports day, school play, etc. However, he was also the kind of person who talks about buying a "Forever family home". He has now left. He was an idiot.

Box of Frogs

Zamoras Left Boot
Oct 8, 2003
Right here, right now
I work till 4 in an office where most people work 9 till 5 and quite often get the 'see you Part timer' comment when I leave.

They forget/don't know that invariably I am in at 7.30 (7.45 latest) whereas they roll in through the door bang on 9 and spend the next 15 minutes getting themselves a coffee, switching on their computer, selecting which pen to use for that day and asking everyone how their evening was!

Here's a conundrum:

This morning I was late into the office by 40 minutes because I had to take my Granddaughter to playschool. (first time this has ever happened)
I am early EVERY day and only ever take 30 minutes for lunch and not the hour we are allowed.
My Boss is late EVERY day by at least 15 minutes because he takes his little princess (dog) to Doggy Day care.
My Boss is currently having a few days off.
My Boss has just e-mailed me to complain I was late and why didn't I let anyone know.
How in the name of Jebus does he know if he's off.

There is a snake in the grass here somewhere.

Peter Grummit

Oct 13, 2004
Lewes
Here's a conundrum:

This morning I was late into the office by 40 minutes because I had to take my Granddaughter to playschool. (first time this has ever happened)
I am early EVERY day and only ever take 30 minutes for lunch and not the hour we are allowed.
My Boss is late EVERY day by at least 15 minutes because he takes his little princess (dog) to Doggy Day care.
My Boss has just e-mailed me to complain I was late and why didn't I let anyone know.

Easy. Reply and explain why. Then just take your hour for lunch every day. Flexibility cuts both ways.

Christ, I'm glad I work for myself now. Mind you, without presenteeism, NSC would probably fold.

PG

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
My old team leader, though in general a nice fella and not a bellcheese would, without fail. say "doing anything nice this afternoon" to anyone who left at 5 to 5 or earlier. Except for the day he left at quarter to five to play golf.

deletebeepbeepbeep

May 12, 2009
Here's a conundrum:

That is some ****ed up shit.

Gullflyinghigh

Apr 23, 2012
If you use a computer at work it's easy enough for anyone to tell when you got in (w/o seeing you).
But if his boss is on leave then that's an indication of someone there letting them know OR the boss being a terrifying stalker.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here