Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

AFC Bournemouth vs Brighton & Hove Albion *** Official Match Thread ***

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
Very frustrating from a winning position. I can't say I'm at all surprised by the result but I'm disappointed at the lack of invention once we went behind. It seems like we don't quite believe we have the strength to compete in the Premier League yet and still play a containing game. The talent is there but the belief isn't yet. Early days though. Still largely enjoying the ride.

I'd argue it's more the other way round. But they will adapt their game more and more. I thought tonight's performance saw them moving forward again. Just the result went against us. Other matches we will be worse and get something.

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
The problem is we spunked £14 mill on a winger who's hardly had a kick all season while our strikers have one goal in five games. Two shots on target against the bottom team does not bode well.

We missed Bruno and we definitely missed Gross at the corner for their second goal.

portslade seagull

Jul 19, 2003
portslade
Bruno has done wonderfully well for the Albion but, surely ( or should that be Shirley) perhaps it is time to call 'TIME' at least as far as starts are concerned so we need to see what Schiletto can bring to the table !

If he has pace that can only be good but Bruno has what he doesn't experience

Clampet

Apr 27, 2016
You were deff worth a point. In fact, I thought you were looking most likely to go 2 up. You reminded me of us the season we went down and Middlesbrough last season, trying to keep it tight then losing by the odd goal. I was surprised you didn't go at them with the attacking players you have.

Dick Head

⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
Jan 3, 2010
Quaxxann
Perhaps they got "smuggest" confused with "brightest".

https://whisp.rs/2fk5Fzu

Interesting that Smug Eddie seems to have done a fair bit of tinkering already this season, all of it unsuccessful.

It was [MENTION=6886]Bozza[/MENTION]'s fault.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Let's not over-analyse this. For 60 minutes we were superb. Disciplined, professional, kept our shape. Fantastic goal. Ibe turned the entire game in two moments. It all changed in an instant, very surreal to watch. That's the harsh reality of the Premier League. Not sure there's much we could have done.

Proud of the boys tonight, deserved at least a point from that.

Good post and right imo. Unfortunately, the miserablelists are indulging themselves with hyperbole, trying to outdo each other in slating players and even Chris Hughton.

The Rivet

Aug 9, 2011
How was it lucky. He meant it and saw the guy make the run. We got caught ball watching a few times.

Lucky in the sense it could have hit with a part of the heel that could of gone anywhere. Lucky that it was like a nutmeg, lucky that no other defender redirected the ball or even his own forward. Enough lucky scenarios for you?

trueblue

Jul 5, 2003
Hove

Bruno has done wonderfully well for the Albion but, surely ( or should that be Shirley) perhaps it is time to call 'TIME' at least as far as starts are concerned so we need to see what Schiletto can bring to the table !

Bruno has been superb so far this season so not quite sure why we would guess that Schelotto is better....

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
Pavilionaire;8124742[B said:
]The problem is we spunked £14 mill on a winger who's hardly had a kick all season [/B]while our strikers have one goal in five games. Two shots on target against the bottom team does not bode well.

We missed Bruno and we definitely missed Gross at the corner for their second goal.

It's not a problem. Hughton just didn't want to change a team that had got a grip of things. March played well. Knockaert a little anonymous. Jose will be weaved in soon, doubtless.

Biscuit

Native Creative
Jul 8, 2003
Brighton

Thought we did OK. Bournemouth took their chances and looked cool headed in front of goal.

Felt like a draw would have been great but on balance, Bournemouth fully deserved their win. So credit to them.

Lots of positives to take, as well as some obvious lessons. On to Newcastle..!

Gazwag

5 millionth post poster
Mar 4, 2004
Bexhill-on-Sea
Cheated FFP and clearly now cheat Football Fair play. I haven't seen a game in the last 20 years when a team continued attacking when a player was down injured.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
Let's not over-analyse this. For 60 minutes we were superb. Disciplined, professional, kept our shape. Fantastic goal. Ibe turned the entire game in two moments. It all changed in an instant, very surreal to watch. That's the harsh reality of the Premier League. Not sure there's much we could have done.

Bang on. Thread closed. Re-group and go again - let the toy throwers have their own forum.

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly
Very unlucky we didn't get a goal from one of those corners, a point would have been a fair result. Still can't stand smug Eddie

sjamesb3466

Jan 31, 2009
Leicester
Cheated FFP and clearly now Football Fair play. I haven't seen a game in the last 20 years when a team continued attacking when a play was down injured.

You haven't seen much top flight football then. Happens in most games and referee has no obligation to stop the match unless it's a head injury

Lawro's Lip

Feb 14, 2004
West Kent

Yup. Two moments of real skill from Ibe which both came off.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Have none of you ever watched us play away from home? Seems standard fare so far. It ain't pretty but it was rather efficient and successful last season
We didn't play like that last season.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here