Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Barber's Deadline Day Disappointment

Gazz15

May 13, 2014
Newhaven
In respect to unilateralism being possible was you. You even stated that you were amazed that GT49er thought unilateralism wasn't possible. You're one very confused individual.

I suggest you check the running order and post numbers, you lunatic! You are wrong. (that was said by me in 151)

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
Are these alleged 'must be highest earner' contracts holding us back in what we can offer a striker ?

If so, we either need to renegotiate them or sadly move the players who have these contracts on.

blue'n'white

Oct 5, 2005
2nd runway at Gatwick
If every other team at the bottom of the Premier had signed a new striker by now, or had much better strikers than we do -then the argument of “everyone else can do it, why can’t we” might be valid - but they haven’t have they?

Swansea - Abraham hasn’t set the world alight, and they haven’t brought anyone in yet.

West Brom - Rondon? Rodriguez? No signings?

Stoke - Chupa Moting? No signing

Southampton - Austin injured, Gabbiadini out of form - 75m burning hole in their pocket, no striker signing?

Newcastle - Mitrovic? Gayle? No signing?

Huddersfield - Mounie? Great starting game, nothing since - no striker signing? You could argue here that they have brought in Pritchard to add to their attack, but he isn’t a striker.

Bournemouth - Wilson? Defoe injured - No striker signing

...all of the above (and I could go on, Palace playing Zaha up front because Benteke isn’t firing for example) they all don’t have very good strikers (or those strikers are injured long term, or way out of form) all those strikers have scored less than our 34 yr old geriatric and none of the teams have brought in a new striker better than what they have.

Hell even Southampton with a stupid amount of money to spend, who must be scared stiff of going down right now haven’t bought a new striker.

Why is that? Because it’s 18th January and there’s still a long way to go, and most of those teams mentioned will buy at least one striker before 31st.

It is right to be concerned that what happened in the summer could happen again, but to say we should have done something sooner this window is not realistic - as fans we have to sit and wait and hope, knowing that despite what some people think, they really are doing their upmost to sort this out.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I agree with all that except Southampton apparently have not got £75M burning a hole in their pocket. I believe that Liverpool were paying equal amounts over each of the next three seasons. Also Celtic had a big sell on clause on van Dijk so I think the final figure that Saints actually have from that transfer at the moment is "only" £17M.

SAC

May 21, 2014
Are these alleged 'must be highest earner' contracts holding us back in what we can offer a striker ?

If so, we either need to renegotiate them or sadly move the players who have these contracts on.

I'm sure I read that the highest earner contracts were stopped many years ago. Think it may have been a Secret Footballer (Dave Kitson) article in the Guardian.

Gazz15

May 13, 2014
Newhaven
Of course they weren't!

I was agreeing with you at that point.

You first used the term 'Unilateral' in post 150, to make some petty point.

I will not discuss this any further as I am pissed off with it, as I am sure most reading the tripe are.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Those were replies to different posts and different contexts!

GT49ER seems to think that we cannot agree contracts unilaterally, that amazes me, as other clubs appear to eventually get over the line.

Gawd help us! I don't think we cannot agree contracts unilaterally, I know it as an absolute and irrefutable fact. Any contract we enter into to buy players has to be agreed by the other party or parties too - at which point it is not unilateral.

There was a good reason why I asked you if you knew the meaning of unilateral. You clearly didn't understand it!

Gazz15

May 13, 2014
Newhaven
Gawd help us! I don't think we cannot agree contracts unilaterally, I know it as an absolute and irrefutable fact. Any contract we enter into to buy players has to be agreed by the other party or parties too - at which point it is not unilateral.

There was a good reason why I asked you if you knew the meaning of unilateral. You clearly didn't understand it!

I got it wrong - so what, your hounding is an absolute disgrace!

The whole postings were not about unilateralism, more the Board's transfer dealings or lack there of!

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
How many Premier League clubs started the season with two strikers, a loanee that got injured and a semi permanent sick note ( I really like Baldock btw but he is a sicknote)? You are in denial if you think we have the quality and numbers required over the last few seasons. Last season we got very very lucky that Murray managed to play a full season as we were light on strikers too, luckily Knocky chipped in with quite a few crucial goals. Most clubs at the level we have been at, for a few years, have had more and equally good strikers overs the last couple of seasons, wouldn’t you agree?

Talking of Derby, I’d have Vydra in a heartbeat.

I would too, and would have done for the last few years!

I never said we had the quality or numbers, I said that we are not alone in finding it difficult to find strikers, and our record is probably comparable to most, and we know this because we had 2 seasons at the top of the Championship. We NEED a striker, I'm in no way arguing for any fanciful case that we don't, I am just saying it always has been, and always will be the hardest position to fill, and we are really not alone in that regard. We seem to have a mental issue that its us, and we've been failing for 10 years, or we're alone in having issues in this department. We're really not.

Renegade

Nov 24, 2017
We cannot now it is too late, but after 7.5 months in which to negotiate a transfer of a striker of quality, we failed - FACT!

We are now reliant upon some miracle agreement that has been kept under wraps all this time, but I wont be holding my breath.

I'll ask again.Do you realise there are 2 weeks left of the window?do you know for sure we won't buy someone we've been speaking to for a while?

Gazz15

May 13, 2014
Newhaven
I'll ask again.Do you realise there are 2 weeks left of the window?do you know for sure we won't buy someone we've been speaking to for a while?

Yes I realise that as does every football fan!

No, I don't know for sure, but I will be amazed if we pull an unknown top secret rabbit out of the hat on Deadline Day, leaving all the other PL strugglers looking up at us like Gods.

Renegade

Nov 24, 2017
Yes I realise that as does every football fan!

No, I don't know for sure, but I will be amazed if we pull an unknown top secret rabbit out of the hat on Deadline Day, leaving all the other PL strugglers looking up at us like Gods.

Ok.So you realise there are two weeks left and you are panicking because?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here