Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Barber's Deadline Day Disappointment

DJ NOBO

Jul 18, 2004
Wiltshire
You really do fail to understand the frustration. We didn't land our targets in August, and some of us are prepared to believe that was in some way down to bad luck and swallowed Barber's usual novel as an apology. However, you'd think (after reviewing our fixture list) that some planning might have been done to make sure we landed a target striker in the early part of January. That hasn't happened and meanwhile we've taken 1 from 6 very winnable points (Bournemouth & WBA). This is important because it won't matter who comes in this month, we are not winning many points in April and May.

THAT is the problem here.

Nail on the head.

Bob'n'weave

Nov 18, 2016
Nr Lewes
I will be personally holding Barber and his team responsible if the club fail to sign a (decent) striker, and then get relegated in May.
Barber and the Recruitment Team would have effectively not provided their staff (The Manager: Hughton) adequate tools to perform a job on a daily / weekly basis.

If I recieve the usual spin of shite from Barber, I will be writing back to him to tell how he's failed Hughton, the players and the fans this season.

You can blame it on the boogie if you like. I won't be blaming anyone. It is the toughest league in the world and the most ridiculous transfer circus. We still have a chance, even without Ronaldo.

piersa

Apr 17, 2011
London
Tony Bloom is far too switched on to make the same mistake twice. The man is as sharp as they come.

WhingForPresident

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2009
Marlborough
If 'work on the January transfer window' began in September and all we've signed with less than two weeks to go and another 4 points dropped is a kid from Ireland for the youth team, someone clearly isn't doing their job.

I think we will get a striker eventually, but we've had more than 3 months to get this sorted, why are we seemingly still chasing our tails?

Dolph Ins

May 26, 2014
Mid Sussex
If that is the case maybe we could at least buy some decent Championship strikers and give them ago, then worst case scenario we would be Championship ready - but that probably doesn't sell season tickets?

You did say at the beginning of the season that I could punch you if you got pessimistic this season. Prepare to be pummeled on Saturday.

Dolph Ins

May 26, 2014
Mid Sussex
You lot are becoming so entitled it hurts. If you really think that the club is not trying it's very best to bring in a striker (who you are not going to slaughter because they are not good enough God forbid) why don't you go and support one of the other Prem teams who have so successfully signed Prem class strikers?

Uncle Spielberg

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
You lot are becoming so entitled it hurts. If you really think that the club is not trying it's very best to bring in a striker (who you are not going to slaughter because they are not good enough God forbid) why don't you go and support one of the other Prem teams who have so successfully signed Prem class strikers?

You don't do that is you supported a club for 43 years do you ?

WhingForPresident

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2009
Marlborough

**** off.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
It is the toughest league in the world.

Is it? The bottom half, which is where we need to succeed to stay up, doesn’t look that tough to me.

Uncle Spielberg

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Lancing

Uncle Spielberg

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
Is it? The bottom half, which is where we need to succeed to stay up, doesn’t look that tough to me.

Agreed. Bar the top 6 this league is not all that. We should certainly be looking to stay in it for more than 1 season

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area

True.

I had thought the likes of Stoke, WBA, Bmuff, Palace, Watford, Burnley, would destroy our quasi-Championship team, simply because they've spent £100m's over many PL transfer windows building top flight quality squads.

Instead, the quality of their play and players isn't that different.

Which makes it all the more frustrating that we're just 3 or 4 players from being comfortably mid table.

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
We’ll sign players, hopefully soon. Brown and Sidwell are both finished this season, Murphy loaned out, we’re three squad players down from the start of the season and they’ll have to be replaced.

It’s frustrating waiting, we’re wasting time but I’m certain we’ll get a few in before Feb.

Eddiespearritt

May 23, 2012
Central Europe
TBH I've stopped bothering to anticipate the "Albion finally sign a quality striker" story. He ain't coming - it'll be the usual last minute mess with reporters standing outside training ground gates - Brighton barely mentioned - then the next morning hard luck story of an offer made a few minutes before the deadline to someone who's got zero intention of coming anywhere near Brighton.

Shame - with such a whopping great recruitment department - and such a talented, well-connected and verbose CEO - we can't sign anyone, can't score goals and will spend the rest of the season watching our fledgling, hard-earned and long-awaited Premier League status ebbing away. And we won't be bothering with trying to create some fun with the FA Cup either because "this might jeopardise our Premier League survival" !!!

Chris Hughton has already worked miracles with what's at his disposal - he might very well feel quite let down.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here