Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Stockdale OFF ***to Birmingham - Official***

Dick Head

⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
Jan 3, 2010
Quaxxann
Must be time for 'Arry to move on I'd have thought. He's spent all the money, collected a nice pot of loot and is now surely down to the bare bones.

I'm wondering how long his poor old knees are going to hold out.

Iggle Piggle

Sep 3, 2010
14 signings Arry has made. 14.

Meanwhile, the striker he deemed crap, Clayton Donaldson, has scored almost as many goals for his new club in 2 games than Birmingham have all season.

Justice

Dangerous Idiot
Jun 21, 2012
Born In Shoreham
He must of watched our highlights Saturday and had a few regrets, personally I would of signed the year deal knowing the Championship would still be there a year later if needed.

Uh_huh_him

Sep 28, 2011
He's a top class keeper. We would be better off with him in the side IMO.

He's made his choice. It looks like a poor one professionally, assuming he would have been our number 1 this season.

elwheelio

Amateur Sleuth
Jan 24, 2006
Brighton
He's a top class keeper. We would be better off with him in the side IMO.

He's made his choice. It looks like a poor one professionally, assuming he would have been our number 1 this season.

He's a good keeper, very good at Championship level, but he's not "top class". DeGea, Oblak, Neuer, Buffon are top class. I'd say Cech, Lloris, Courtois etc are the ring below. Then you've got Butland, Heaton etc. I wouldn't say Stockdale would be in any of these three 'tiers. He's decent but if he were top class he wouldn't have been, and still be, knocking around the Championship for most of his career.

OzMike

Oct 2, 2006
Perth Australia
I think there is a case for stating that our defense made him look better, he isn't bad but we made him look better.
He should have had a season in the top flight and then looked down, there would have been places for him after only one season and if he did ok and we stayed up he may have been offered another season.

Napier's Knee

Mar 23, 2014
West Sussex
No inside knowledge at all but I've always assumed that the Albion very deliberately gave Stockdale an offer he could refuse (because CH had doubts about him), he tried to hold out for something better which wasn't offered and he went to B'ham because that was the only offer on the table at the time.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here