Votes: 0 0.0%
  • garcia

Votes: 1 0.5%
  • hyypia

Votes: 49 24.5%

• Total voters

Stato

Dec 21, 2011
There is just one name there that still looks like a stain to me. Nice enough bloke, but he should never have been appointed.

spence

British and Proud
Oct 15, 2014
Crawley
These polls are ridiculous. In just about every one the winner is someone recent as the emotions are much stronger. There is no way anyone can compare Hinsh and Wood to Hyppia. Hinsh and Wood were truly awful in lower divisions. Hyppia hasn't done a grand job and is running out of time its true but I reckon half the people who voted for Hyppia don't even remember or didn't experience Hinsh or Wood.
Both Hinsh and Wood were cheap internal appointments where expectations didn't make you buzz. The complete opposite cannot be said about Hyypia.I personally never wanted him but lots of people were excited by this appointment. He also came with a bit of pedigree about him. After all the euphoria had settled down he has turned out to be a total flop for someone who led Liverpool's back line and played at the highest level. In fact it's been a disgrace and once he has been given the boot i cannot see where his so called management skills will take him next. He flopped at his last job too and it wasn't as if the warning signs wasn't sounding then. He will be a massive gamble for anyone taking him on now.

Last edited:

JamesAndTheGiantHead

Sep 2, 2011
Worthing
Anyone who sez Dean Wilkins ( great LEGS!!!!!) is the worsterest is probably one of those wicked Musilims from IKEA who keep kiling people and stuff in Sirie A.

He was far betterer than anyone before or sincest and if he had of stayed we would be in the Championes Leage and would of beaten famous clubs like Really Madrid or Benfogal of Portugal. Its all the fault of TIGHT and the Cup Final question was never ansered in his book so thats proof and im not even called Sheerlock.

:lolol:

A truly beautiful post, you should be pleased.

Mo Gosfield

Aug 11, 2010
I think the three that stand out are Hinshelwood, Adams Mk2 and Hyypia.
1) Hinshelwood. As previously stated, DK fannied about and ignored candidates like Coppell ( who would have kept us up given a full season ) and appointed Hinsh late. He had a promising start, four points from the first two games and then Zamora got injured early on against Norwich. Without our talisman, confidence dipped, more injuries and suspensions ( no strength in depth ) and he just got into a rut. When Coppell took over, he lost his first two games 2-4 and 0-5 ( ouch...you know where! ) A short spell and clearly ou
t of his depth.
2) Adams mk2. Never a great fan after his decision to jump ship so quickly, first time around. We had a good base, an outstanding striker and the improvement would have continued. He turned his back on improving his cv with us and getting promoted again for more money at Leicester. Why DK decided to replace a man who had just finished seventh with MA was baffling. Adams was by then a busted flush and heading down. He clearly had personal problems and his full concentration was not on BHA. Only a minor miracle from Russell Slade saved us from the inevitability of Div.2.
3) Hyypia. Proves the point that pedigree as a player does not guarantee managerial quality. More due diligence should have been carried out to assess him as an individual. He did not lead as a player. He was quiet and reserved. He preferred to let others do the talking. Clearly not a thinker about the game, just a doer. He can't help his background, Finns are naturally taciturn ( " Whats the snow like...40 feet deep...oh, ok " ) Showing naivety and a lack of flexibility, he needs a dramatic about-turn to save himself, which currently seems unlikely.
In order, I would place Adams mk2 as worst ( He was experienced, he had almost complete backing after his first spell and he replaced someone doing well. His performance was just dreadful ) Then comes Hinshelwood, who was inexperienced, unlucky to lose Zamora and was clueless how to stop losing ten in a row. Finally, Hyypia, who is also inexperienced, naive and only just behind these two. ( The rating could well change over the next 4-5 games )

spence

British and Proud
Oct 15, 2014
Crawley
How can you say this about Hyypia - "He did not lead as a player. He was quiet and reserved" [MENTION=17103]Mo Gosfield[/MENTION]

He was made club captain.

supaseagull

Feb 19, 2004
The United Kingdom of Mile Oak
I nearly put Hinshelwood but he was a victim of cost cutting and had to rely on youth players. Plus when Zamora got injured against Norwich it was a blow.

It's the same for Wood and Case.

McGhee inherited a great team built from the remnants of Adams & Coppell and he nearly ****ed up promotion.

Lloyd was a fool and a pawn who should have walked during his first season and was one of the many cogs responsible for landing the club in the mess it found itself in during the 90s. On the one hand selling our best players and on the other signing overpaid players like Codnor.

Hyypia however has good players at his disposal and clearly is unable to motivate any of them and that's why I've voted for him.

supaseagull

Feb 19, 2004
The United Kingdom of Mile Oak
Has to be Case for me. There was no defensive organisation and his decision to not retain Ian Chapman was awful.

That wasn't his choice- you do realise that don't you?

Case was put in as a sweetener for the fans by Stanley, archer and Bellotti. He has no control over budget or recruitment...sound familiar?

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patreon
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
I see another NSC poll is going well for Sami. Imagine if this feeling was also present on Twitter and Facebook and in the stand and the pubs and....oh.

Southy

Jul 7, 2003
Hinch. He was absolutely woeful and was shown up by Coppell who nearly kept us up with the same squad. Inept selections, terrible football and kept saying 'these are the most honest bunch of lads I've ever worked with'. He also turned down an offer from Arsenal to take Toure on loan according to dick knight. Anyone who saw us for those games would never vote for Hyppia bad as it is right now. Case was a also a terrible time for the club but that was as much to do with what was happening off the pitch as on it.

Tim Over Whelmed

NSC Patreon
Jul 24, 2007
Arundel
Adams Mk II, simply wasn't up for it or up to it.

Uncle Spielberg

NSC Patreon
Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
Based on the assets at his disposal compared to what the others had, Hyypia has to be the worst BHAFC manager by some margin

Behind Enemy Lines

Jul 18, 2003
London
Hinch. He was absolutely woeful and was shown up by Coppell who nearly kept us up with the same squad. Inept selections, terrible football and kept saying 'these are the most honest bunch of lads I've ever worked with'. He also turned down an offer from Arsenal to take Toure on loan according to dick knight. Anyone who saw us for those games would never vote for Hyppia bad as it is right now. Case was a also a terrible time for the club but that was as much to do with what was happening off the pitch as on it.

This. It was 12 straight defeats under Hinshelwood. We are not in that terrain yet under Hyypia.

Braggfan

In the beginning there was nothing, which exploded
May 12, 2014
Hinshelwood wasn't good but remember Taylor had just jumped ship because he didn't fancy trying to keep us up. The team had gone from league 2 to the championship in two seasons and keeping us up was going to be tough job for anyone, throw in to that the fact that DK went on holiday and left appointing a manager to the last minute, by the time he slung Hinshelwood a chance it was never going to end well. He didn't do a good job but they were wretched circumstances to contend with.

I hate to say it as it's easy to have a knee jerk reaction given our current position, but given the facilities, budget and everything at his disposal compared with what other managers have had in the last 12 years, Hyypia must be near the top for doing a poor job.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here