Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Summer wish list of recruits

Albion in the north

Jul 13, 2012
Ooop North
So why limit yourself to Sigurdsson?

I just don't understand the collective mentality of NSC.
In this case, already only 1 in a sea of crazies, we both know if he's sold he'll go for considerably more than £17m.
We also know the club aren't even going to spend £17m on one player.

So :shrug:
I've no idea how much hed go for, if there is a buyout clause in his contract or if the club would be willing to spend that money. And I doubt whether you do. (Is that you Tony?) Theres nothing crazy in having him on a wishlist. Its something to do on a Monday evening.

Hugh Jorgan

Jul 30, 2008
Brighton
Do people really think Defoe or Sigurdsson are going to join us ? Just not going to happen, they will have just about every Premier League side outside the top 6 after them. No chance of them coming here, people need to be realistic and remember who we are!!!

HAILSHAM SEAGULL

Nov 9, 2009
I would love to see Mooy in midlield three with Kayal and Stephens. March and Knockie wide and Tammy up front

Brighton Mod

Its All Too Beautiful
The current squad may well be lacking in what is required for the Premier League, its a real pity we missed out on Alex Pritchard as from what I have seen of him he is exactly what we would be looking for.
I'm sure preparations are well under way for bringing in new players and I sincerely hope we get hold of what we want early in the transfer window,as for who we would bring in, its impossible to tell as there will be so much movement in the summer. However to an eager young player wanting to get a start in the PL we would be a great option, so I will wait and see and hopefully be pleasantly surprised.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Do people really think Defoe or Sigurdsson are going to join us ? Just not going to happen, they will have just about every Premier League side outside the top 6 after them.
Why not? 'Every Premier League side outside the top 6' now includes Brighton and Hove Albion.

Of course, it'll come down to money in the end, but can you actually give us any valid reasons why joining Brighton would be significantly less attractive than joining, say, Burnley, Watford, West Brom, Crystal Palace or Swansea?

Last edited:

Hugh Jorgan

Jul 30, 2008
Brighton
Why not? 'Every Premier League side outside the top 6' now includes Brighton and Hove Albion.

Of course, it'll come down to money in the end, but you actually give us any valid reasons why joining Brighton would be significantly less attractive than joining, say, Burnley, Watford, West Brom, Crystal Palace or Swansea?

The main reason will be money as you say, Defoe will probably want 80 to 100k a week and Sigurdsson similar as well a a near £20 million transfer fee.
You have listed the unattractive Premier League teams, teams such as West Ham, Southampton, West Brom, Leicester and Stoke are established clubs in the League and will be a more attractive proposition than us at present, if they are interested.
So there are two reasons why they will not be coming to us.

waterhouse

Feb 22, 2009
somerset
Don't want Chris Wood. Too much like Murray and Hemed. Not sure he is any better than these either. He plays in a team where he is the only player to get the goals yet our top scorer is only a couple behind him despite playing in a team where 4 players (himself included) are in double figures.

Carl Jenkinson
Jonathan Cafu or Defoe
Tomori
Pocognoli
Mooy[/QUOTE

I would rather loan Hemed out to a top Championship team.
As he needs too many chances to score.
Where as say what you like he only needed one chance against Newcastle and in general I think Chris wood is far more clinical in front of goal.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
The main reason will be money as you say, Defoe will probably want 80 to 100k a week and Sigurdsson similar as well a a near £20 million transfer fee.
You have listed the unattractive Premier League teams, teams such as West Ham, Southampton, West Brom, Leicester and Stoke are established clubs in the League and will be a more attractive proposition than us at present, if they are interested.
We don't know what other teams will pay, nor do we know how much TB will sanction spending. I do expect us to spend wisely, but wouldn't rule out pushing the boat out for a marquee signing; it might cost a lot, but there's a lot of money to be made by doing well too. Now, any reason why we are less attractive than other teams (I did mention West Brom, by the way)? Or OK, less attractive than Stoke or Leicester.

Stat Brother

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
As you say having spent a few seasons scrabbling around relegation, neither are hardly likely to actively seek that again.

I have no doubt that if the Albion were able to gain a sound footing in the Premier League, the transfer window talk will be mindblowing.
They'll be only a handful of clubs players off the radar and assuming I'm still Negative Nerys, I'll be writing bollox like 'do you honestly think the club will spend £35+m on a player'.
But that's not going to happen over night, in the first window.
TB isn't Pompey or palace.

As said I just don't understand the hypothetical, and not very good fantasy nature of these targets.
Either stay in the real world, or go big, that's where I think the fun's to be had.

Gillian Anderson is as far out of reach as Janette Krankie, so why waste my time dreaming about a fandabbydozy evening. :lol:

Don Tmatter

Jul 7, 2003
dont matter
All very well going for cheaper option Spanish or Germans but they've got to hit ground running in Prem League, no time to settle in, must be plenty of quality players at other Prem sides who are out of favour or looking to move permanently.

BrianWade4

Aug 17, 2010
A nice bit of South London
Goalies....no, unless stockers buggers off to Leeds. Then he needs replacing, and keep the Finn and Walton.
Defence....poggi to be resigned. Rest fine
Midfield....replacement for Stephens, Murphy, skalak, Norwood and backup for Kayal.
Attack....replacement for hemed, baldock..backup for Murray.

So I think 6 new players as a minimum.

Right and left back not fine. Even if we sign Pignoluscious

indy3050

Jun 22, 2011
[video]https://www.mlssoccer.com/post/2017/02/23/sebastian-giovinco-highlights-best-goals-and-skills-toronto-fc[/video]

Earns too much but maybe we can tempt him with something. Anything.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here