Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Glenn Murray: The £75 million a season man.

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
If it's their leading scorer who they let go to their bitterest rivals for nothing, who then took them to promotion, whilst they replaced him with an expensive Labrador, and the club in question stayed below, then probably yes"

this narrative forgets, as everyone seems to, that the first season he was shite and scored 7 (seven).

CPFC G

Dec 24, 2011
Wow another thread designed to have the usual palace trolls fill their boots :yawn:

Ps - I do assume this is El Pres doing his usual pro palace trolling with a pretend and false thread title - I usually just ignore - bollocks have I just bit :lol:

El Pres just loves football accounts, Good and bad. :thumbsup:

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
The team around him were shite.

We also had Forster who played off Murray as our main goal scorer. I bet he still got a fair amount of assists that season.

He showed class from his debut onwards.

He was referring to Murray's first season at Palace, and in the Championship. We have no idea whether Murray would have adapted to the Championship with us. Strikers seemed to thrive under Holloway, like Dobbie at Blackpool & Phillips.

Megazone

On his last warning
Jan 28, 2015
Northern Hemisphere.
He was referring to Murray's first season at Palace, and in the Championship. We have no idea whether Murray would have adapted to the Championship with us. Strikers seemed to thrive under Holloway, like Dobbie at Blackpool & Phillips.

The season we won league 1, Murray was outstanding. By far his best season for us.

I'm/we're sure he would have pulled it off for us in the Championship.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
The season we won league 1, Murray was outstanding. By far his best season for us.

Maybe, but he struggled in his first season scoring 7 goals. We'll never know.
He was outstanding in 10/11 but Barnes also got 20 goals and Bennett was scoring for fun too, so there wasn't the pressure.

symyjym

Banned
Nov 2, 2009
Brighton / Hove actually
You shouldn't split up a winning League One team. Getting rid of Murray would have been the same as Shampton getting rid of Lambert. It's not often you get a naturally two footed player, and that puts Murray head and shoulders above many.

chaileyjem

#BarberIn
NSC Patron
Jun 27, 2012
No. Most clubs retain their manager, progressively build up their squad, overtake the Albion in the fast lane, gain promotion and have no reason whatsoever to beat themselves up about anything beyond their last result.

What club is this ?
No club keeps their manager for very long. The average life of a Championship manager is just over a year. So. Most clubs don't keep their manager. Most don't go past Albion the fast lane. Most don't progressively build up their squad, most squads come together in fits and starts. Most don't get promoted. Most will still be in the Championship next season like us having failed to get out of the division.

EXCEPT THEM...

(but they didn't keep their manager(s) either. )

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
What club is this ?
No club keeps their manager for very long. The average life of a Championship manager is just over a year. So. Most clubs don't keep their manager. Most don't go past Albion the fast lane. Most don't progressively build up their squad, most squads come together in fits and starts. Most don't get promoted. Most will still be in the Championship next season like us having failed to get out of the division.

EXCEPT THEM...

(but they didn't keep their manager(s) either. )

Good GRIEF fella! Maybe time to have a not-so-quiet word with yourself. Where on EARTH did this pathological desire to stem any criticism of the club, however mild, STEM from? ???

We've not seen your likes since [MENTION=257]The Large One[/MENTION]'s uber-apologist funny turn a few years back :lol:

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town

The more cynical among us suggested it was down to Muzza being in the last year of his contract and wanting a new deal. He was very average the season before.

One Love

Aug 22, 2011
Brighton
The more cynical among us suggested it was down to Muzza being in the last year of his contract and wanting a new deal. He was very average the season before.

I think he's proven now that that wasn't the case.

I think he was such a huge reason we went up that year that the very least the club could do was reward him with whatever he wanted.

Instead we went for CMS!

symyjym

Banned
Nov 2, 2009
Brighton / Hove actually
I think he's proven now that that wasn't the case.

I think he was such a huge reason we went up that year that the very least the club could do was reward him with whatever he wanted.

Instead we went for CMS!

He would have stayed for £4k less than what Palace were offering. "Don't look a gift horse in the mouth" applies to this, and we did.

DavidinSouthampton

NSC Patron
Jan 3, 2012
I'm amazed he has done it all by himself. I could have sworn that, when I have seen palace on the telly, they have had as many as 11 (eleven) players on the pitch at any one time.

But on a more serious note, sh1t happens. Isn't it time to move on?

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Instead we went for CMS!

&

Hoskins.
Paynter.
Vokes.
The other fella.
Dobbie
Agdestein
Barker
Dickenson
Lita
Lingard
Obika
Ulloa
Colunga.
Baldock.
O'Grady
Rodríguez
Bent
Best.

But hey lets not waste our time looking forward, lets flog ourselves to death over a player that left at the end on 2010/11.
If only we'd had chances to gain promotion since Murray's departure.

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
This is his fourth season there. Have they really made £300m since he joined?

Jim Van Winkle

Jul 14, 2010
Hawaii
&

Hoskins.
Paynter.
Vokes.
The other fella.
Dobbie
Agdestein
Barker
Dickenson
Lita
Lingard
Obika
Ulloa
Colunga.
Baldock.
O'Grady
Rodríguez
Bent
Best.

But hey lets not waste our time looking forward, lets flog ourselves to death over a player that left at the end on 2010/11.
If only we'd had chances to gain promotion since Murray's departure.

Roland 'the game changer' Bergkamp as he was known in the dressing room.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Roland 'the game changer' Bergkamp as he was known in the dressing room.
No I'd completely forgotten Chris Woods' name.

Did RB ever kick a competitive ball?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here