Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Derby Nearly Sold Out

heathgate

NSC Patron
Apr 13, 2015
Thanks matey, a friend of mine recommended MEATLiquor is that any good for food and drink?
For pubs.... in the evening, find drink and food in Market Street lanes.... Gardner/Kensington north Laine ..... look online for directions... you can't go wrong.

Pre match - by all means get a few early drinks in... Trafalgar or Star near the station.. just don't wave black and white scarves around...but get to the ground.. the trains get rammed in the 90 mins before kickoff... and with a near 30k expected... it will be busy.

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Is that right? (genuine question). Any idea how many?

95(?)% renewal of existing, plus similar % of renewals of all the half-season ones that jumped on board at Christmas, then the waiting list, and now sales closed. All detailed in one of Barber's recent program notes. c22k

Hotchilidog

Jan 24, 2009
Hi all,

Derby fan here :) Just a few questions about Monday as its my first time in Brighton.

I'm staying in The Grand Brighton and according to Google maps its 5 miles away from the ground, is there any transport to and from the sea front up the stadium? If not can someone provide a reliable taxi number that I can use?

Also any recommended pubs?

There are very few 'home only' pubs near the station. Recommendations would be Battle of Trafalgar, Prince Albert, Lord Nelson, Evening Star, Sussex Yeoman (which will be quiet as it's more a gastro pub). Which ever route you take from the Grand to the station will take you past a whole load of pubs, and you should be fine in most.

As it is a big crowd monday leave at least an hour before kick off to get the train (only 10 minute journey but there will be queues).

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
If you have been recommended MEATliquor I'm guessing you like Craft Beer? I'd make straight for Brighton's Brewdog bar on Grand Parade then head over the road and up to MEATliquor for your lunch. Continue along London road once you've finished your Burgers to the Hare & Hounds for some great beer and decor (with a great beer garden).To get to the station, go back up London road and turn right at Richer Sounds climbing stairs and cutting in between buildings till you get to the station (5mins). As others have said, don't arrive at the station later than 13:30 otherwise you may not have time for a beer at the Amex and could miss kick off if the trains are playing up on the day of a sell out.

Hotchilidog

Jan 24, 2009
If you have been recommended MEATliquor I'm guessing you like Craft Beer? I'd make straight for Brighton's Brewdog bar on Grand Parade then head over the road and up to MEATliquor for your lunch. Continue along London road once you've finished your Burgers to the Hare & Hounds for some great beer and decor (with a great beer garden).To get to the station, go back up London road and turn right at Richer Sounds climbing stairs and cutting in between buildings till you get to the station (5mins). As others have said, don't arrive at the station later than 13:30 otherwise you may not have time for a beer at the Amex and could miss kick off if the trains are playing up on the day of a sell out.

Good advice, but for those venues I'd recommend selling a few valuable possessions to fund the beer purchases. Compared to such fine Derby Hostelries such as The Brunswick they are eye wateringly expensive. The above route also means you could take in the more modestly priced North Laine and it's in house brewery, or the George or Great eastern at the bottom of Trafalgar St round the corner from MEATliqour.

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
The above route also means you could take in the more modestly priced North Laine and it's in house brewery, or the George or Great eastern at the bottom of Trafalgar St round the corner from MEATliqour.

The North Laine is a good call: went in there for the first time a couple of weeks ago and was impressed. However, if he's on the lookout for some meat action, he's going to be disappointed with the all-veggie menu at The George. Trafalgar St is a decent choice though - plenty of pubs around there, plenty of places to scran and a choice of a bus from St Peter's or a walk up the hill to the station

BeHereNow

Mar 2, 2016
Southwick
Got to be the most home fans at Falmer yet. Not sure if the whole crowd will go over 30,000 though.

DerbyRam1884

Apr 27, 2016

Cheers for the recommendations I'll look into them tonight :)

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here