Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Palace

Dougie

Jan 11, 2012
Depends on two things

1: How much spare cash he has (my understanding is that there is plenty).

2: What terms any new investor would want in terms of a stake in a club. How much would someone be prepared to pay for a minority investment in a business that loses £10-15 million a year? Under normal business rules you would say zero, but football is more complicated than that.
It's a big season for him , who'd want to be a owner eh .

Dougie

Jan 11, 2012
You, me and anyone else who loves their club?

Pockets not deep enough I'm afraid . I joined our trust in 2010 when it looked like we were going out of business and made a sizeable donation to help the fighting fund . They raised a lot of money and were ready to step in if the 4 new owners didn't complete , but it wouldn't have been enough long term so we were very fortunate cpfc2010 finalised the deal . Both of our clubs are very fortunate to have fans as owners , even though ours has been diluted , but every owner must have a limit on how much they can pump in ( look at Bolton now ) . you have the advantage of having your infastructure in place so we are playing catch up but it will happen . There must be a point when you admit you need extra help and for all of Tony's generosity he won't keep pumping money in however rich he is perceived to be (thanks buzzer ) .

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
No, you're right, 10,700,00 new shares have been allocated to the existing 5,750,000.

How those new shares have been allocated will be very interesting to see in the next few days. Hitherto, CPFC 2010 Ltd HAD been owned equally 25% each to 4 directors, so no one in overall control.

It will also be interesting to see what role the PALACE MIDCO UK LIMITED plays in all of this. I see since my earlier post Companies House has published details of the new allotment of shares in that company - 76,525,000 shares allotted on 18th December 2015 in this brand new company. It would appear that this company is the one receiving the £50 million that's being talked about.

BobbySmith

Oct 25, 2004
Worthing
Pockets not deep enough I'm afraid . I joined our trust in 2010 when it looked like we were going out of business and made a sizeable donation to help the fighting fund . They raised a lot of money and were ready to step in if the 4 new owners didn't complete , but it wouldn't have been enough long term so we were very fortunate cpfc2010 finalised the deal . Both of our clubs are very fortunate to have fans as owners , even though ours has been diluted , but every owner must have a limit on how much they can pump in ( look at Bolton now ) . you have the advantage of having your infastructure in place so we are playing catch up but it will happen . There must be a point when you admit you need extra help and for all of Tony's generosity he won't keep pumping money in however rich he is perceived to be (thanks buzzer ) .

Think the big difference here is that Tony Bloom is a fan, the Americans are not and they are business men and agree that Prince Charming is not that stupid and although he has seemed to want to sell the club from day 1 after he took over, he is a fan, so hopefully he has not sold the 'family silver' . Not that worried about Tony selling or moving on as that is not his motivation, its an investment of the heart and we are very lucky, but agree with your logic about its only one mans investment and yes we have a single point of failure in Tony. Hand on heart, hope it works out with Palace, but think I would be a little worried as to intentions of the americans and their past record is very poor on the success of their investments and clubs success -and that was told to me by my Palace mate, who is very concerned. I am no expert on finance and obviously it would be very tough on Tony to cover the debts for the next few years, but think we will be in the promised land in the near future, if not this year. As you say, its £50 million, so please sort out that mess of a stadium and not spend it on salries as I for one will never set foot in that ground until it becomes habiatble and the Met Police treat me like a human being. Merry Xmas to the good Palace fans that come on here and have good discussions.

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
Forbes Business Magazine 10 Dec 15 on Blitzer and Harris:

The two just became major investors in the Crystal Palace Football Club in London and their strategy is simple: According to a business associate of Blitzer, it’s to “get to know the market,’’ as they get a footing in London and see how things operate there for their bid to land an NFL expansion team in London.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex

The two just became major investors in the Crystal Palace Football Club in London and their strategy is simple: According to a business associate of Blitzer, it’s to “get to know the market,’’ as they get a footing in London and see how things operate there for their bid to land an NFL expansion team in London.
I'm calling bullploppy on that.

Re The NFL think Premier League x 100, when it comes to making money.
None of the current 32 owners are likely to be giving up that massive cash cow.
Even if they did it wouldn't be to a couple of blokes who are now minority owners in 3 separate, NHL, NBA (still the worst team ever), EPL franchises.

Getting your hands on an NFL team, relocating it to London would take Gates, Zuckerburg, Bezos or our own [MENTION=12697]Steve Foster[/MENTION] kind of money.

Think the big difference here is that Tony Bloom is a fan, the Americans are not and they are business men and agree that Prince Charming is not that stupid and although he has seemed to want to sell the club from day 1 after he took over, he is a fan, so hopefully he has not sold the 'family silver' . Not that worried about Tony selling or moving on as that is not his motivation, its an investment of the heart and we are very lucky, but agree with your logic about its only one mans investment and yes we have a single point of failure in Tony. Hand on heart, hope it works out with Palace, but think I would be a little worried as to intentions of the americans and their past record is very poor on the success of their investments and clubs success -and that was told to me by my Palace mate, who is very concerned. I am no expert on finance and obviously it would be very tough on Tony to cover the debts for the next few years, but think we will be in the promised land in the near future, if not this year. As you say, its £50 million, so please sort out that mess of a stadium and not spend it on salries as I for one will never set foot in that ground until it becomes habiatble and the Met Police treat me like a human being. Merry Xmas to the good Palace fans that come on here and have good discussions.

That mess of a stadium is better than anything you've had in your history, up until the Amex
even so no parking ,one train station,empty stadium at 80 mins plus it takes an hour to get away from that gold fish bowl you can keep it :)
I suppose the free trains help to keep people happy enduring the queues every home game :amex:

Caveman

Jul 14, 2003
That mess of a stadium is better than anything you've had in your history, up until the Amex
even so no parking ,one train station,empty stadium at 80 mins plus it takes an hour to get away from that gold fish bowl you can keep it :)
I suppose the free trains help to keep people happy enduring the queues every home game :amex:

Clueless from Littlehampton.

Green Cross Code Man

Wunt be druv
Mar 30, 2006
Eastbourne
What a complete load of baloney.

1. Train station excellent. How many other grounds have one so close?

2. Plenty of parking. Not usually sold out either.

3. At 80 minutes, stadium is much like most others, see Liverpool recently.

4. FREE TRAVEL. What bit of that don't you think is good? The reason there is a queue is that unlike you in the championship, we have very good crowds, not the 17000 or so you averaged in a promotion season. What a bunch of plastics you truly are.

5. I have never taken an hour getting away from the station. You mentioned the other day that you are obese, perhaps that's why it takes so long for you to get anywhere?

BobbySmith

Oct 25, 2004
Worthing

Totally agree, Selhurst is about as good as the Goldstone was when it was demolished. Think as a man of Sussex you would have thought you would have more of an understanding of the Jewell in the downs, yes we have only one station, so sad that, only 500 metres from the ground. Think we have 4000 car park spaces, at the Uni, Bridge Road and park and rides, how many can you get in the Sainsbury car park. Took over 90 mins to get onto the main road last time, I was at Selhurst. Yes there are queues after the game at the station, there is at most grounds/stations after games, maybe not at Palace, as you have loads of stations and not as many fans as us, and please look at the Sunderland game with 10 mins to go at Selhurst, pratically empty, but good points well made and merry xmas. See you down the Arun View.

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill

It takes less than an hour to get back to mid Sussex (on the trains we pay for as part of the ticket price) leaving after the final whistle, but don't let the facts bother you.

Dougie

Jan 11, 2012

That would require a stadium of at least a 60,000 capacity . Even with a bigger improved stadium we will be lucky to get it to 40,000 .

Dougie

Jan 11, 2012
Indeed, this a good season for palace one not many fans would have expected, in all seriousness I think 30k would be a struggle for you now, let alone 40k

Did you honestly think you would get near sell outs at the Amex before you moved in ? What's the saying build it and they will come . Steve has hinted he wants 40 k so we will see .

Swillis

Banned
Dec 10, 2015
Oh good, another 8 pages of speculation and conjecture. I'm waiting for [MENTION=31]El Presidente[/MENTION] to report on what's happening, until then what's the point. All of us know sweet FA

Mr Putdown

Jan 26, 2004
Christchurch
Indeed, this a good season for palace one not many fans would have expected, in all seriousness I think 30k would be a struggle for you now, let alone 40k

Palace would pretty much fill a 30k stadium right now for most games and would probably fill a 40k stadium for all the big fixtures.

Whilst my fellow palace fans might argue the toss, those additional seats would almost certainly be initially filled by foreign football tourists who are an increasing presence at many home games.

It's the way of the Premier League and I can't see any way it's going to change any time soon.

If you guys manage to get promoted - and I'd personally love to reignite the rivalry on a playing basis - you'd discover the same thing.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
Oh good, another 8 pages of speculation and conjecture. I'm waiting for [MENTION=31]El Presidente[/MENTION] to report on what's happening, until then what's the point. All of us know sweet FA
Yes, it's moved on to quite an interesting topic.

It'll be good to see if it's all as rosy as we've been spun on here ?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here