Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Does being married in a civil partnership have the same legality as a “pinky promise” ?

hopkins

Banned
Nov 6, 2003
Brighton
Just meen in respect to splitting up, as most of the time there are no children involved.Im not knocking it but it doesn’t have the same consequences does it ? I mean once you’ve decided who’s boxset is who’s it’s basically done isn’t it ? Advice greatly appreciated.

GOM

living vicariously
Aug 8, 2005
Leeds - but not the dirty bit
Just meen in respect to splitting up, as most of the time there are no children involved.Im not knocking it but it doesn’t have the same consequences does it ? I mean once you’ve decided who’s boxset is who’s it’s basically done isn’t it ? Advice greatly appreciated.

Civil partnership is the same as marriage legally.

Taybha

Whalewhine
Oct 8, 2008
Uwantsumorwat
tenor (8).gif

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
ADHD

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patreon
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
I can only read the replies, and my decision to block is reconfirmed. A very hard punch in the face would be my suggestion.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
I can only read the replies, and my decision to block is reconfirmed. A very hard punch in the face would be my suggestion.

Really, are you that sure.

I would expect this to be dealt with by our learned board member who has a propensity to kick people violently when they are already unconscious on the ground.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patreon
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
How many people do you have blocked? Almost every thread I see you mention blocking someone else.

Very few. Ten, maybe. I resisted doing it for a long time. The reason I repeatedly mention it isn't because I have blocked someone new, but it is that the replies others post to people I have already blocked keep reminding me why I blocked them (as in the present instance), and I feel that commenting on this is as good as actually reading and actually replying (and much better for my blood pressure and sanity).

GOM

living vicariously
Aug 8, 2005
I don't think they are. I don't think they get the same tax reliefs in relation to '' IHT Legislation ''

from HMRC -

Spouse or civil partner exemption: definition of spouse and civil partner

The Inheritance Tax legislation does not define ‘spouse’ or ‘civil partner’ so the definitions come from general law. Consequently, the exemption applies to transfers between people who are lawfully married to each other at the time of the transfer and to transfers between people who are registered as civil partners of each other at the time of the transfer.

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Patreon
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton

Because same sex couples NEVER have children do they ?? Idiot.

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
How are the reservoirs doing..looks like another dry week down here..not really had much rain for a while now ..lawns on the beach side of Shoreham are looking like cricket wickets

NooBHA

Jan 13, 2015
from HMRC -

Spouse or civil partner exemption: definition of spouse and civil partner

The Inheritance Tax legislation does not define ‘spouse’ or ‘civil partner’ so the definitions come from general law. Consequently, the exemption applies to transfers between people who are lawfully married to each other at the time of the transfer and to transfers between people who are registered as civil partners of each other at the time of the transfer.

I was more referring to the ''Unused Reliefs'' between Spouses in IHT. I could be wrong. I am not an IHT Expert - I don't think they apply to Civil Partners. I agree that with ''Transfers of assets'' for IHT and CGT it may not differentiate but the ''Unused Reliefs'' I think they only apply to Spouses.

GOM

living vicariously
Aug 8, 2005
I was more referring to the ''Unused Reliefs'' between Spouses in IHT. I could be wrong. I am not an IHT Expert - I don't think they apply to Civil Partners. I agree that with ''Transfers of assets'' for IHT and CGT it may not differentiate but the ''Unused Reliefs'' I think they only apply to Spouses.

You may be right but the line - The Inheritance Tax legislation does not define ‘spouse’ or ‘civil partner’ so the definitions come from general law. possibly suggests otherwise.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here