Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[TV] David Dimbleby to leave Question Time

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
I just can't see it. The intelligence is obviously there. Ideally he'd want to laugh and make jokes, but of course he's capable of being serious too - but when he disagrees with what the panellists say (which would be most of the time) I can picture him wanting to take them to task, not remain impartial, bite his tongue and hope the other panellists do it for him.

He loves to share his strong opinion, not play referee.

Blue3

Jan 27, 2014
Lancing
Comes hand in hand, I reckon. He hasn’t been able to control the debate so the parties send progressively worse representatives

Now get him off presenting the election coverage for the whole night. Give someone else a chance.

I am sure I read DD did his last election night in 2016, I think he as his father was before him a hard act to follow so maybe keep it in the family

brakespear

Doctor Worm
Feb 24, 2009
Sleeping on the roof
Think Victoria Derbyshire would be good. My first thought was Fiona Bruce but maybe Kirsty Wark also.

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
1. He should have gone 5 years ago.
2. The next presenters will be female / non-white / LGBT / all of the above.

Stato

Dec 21, 2011
Eddie Mair is a great shout.

Eddy Mair is the best political interviewer in the country and would be wasted on Question Time. He should be doing Newsnight on BBC2 at the same time. They could move over the generally weak Evan Davies to QT, so I wouldn't have to watch him.

If they want to make Question Time worth watching, they should employ James O'Brien and get him to bait the panel and audience as he does on his LBC radio show. If they were worried about balance they could have him alternate with someone right wing. Andrew Neil would be good if it meant an end to the massive smugfest that is 'This Week'. Give Portillo a new job waiting on various UK stations for trains that have been cancelled. He could wander up to nervous commuters, harangue them about the state of the country and go on endlessly about how much Stephen Twigg did him a favour.

Isn't Sweden v S Korea dull?

Raleigh Chopper

Sep 1, 2011
Plymouth
If a bird is going to do it then it has to be a sort.
A sexy MILF who leans slightly forward to show plenty of cleavage and maybe some pokies, and leaves you wondering if she is wearing stockings with no drawers on.

ManOfSussex

We wunt be druv
Apr 11, 2016
Rape of Hastings, Sussex
A sexy MILF who leans slightly forward to show plenty of cleavage and maybe some pokies, and leaves you wondering if she is wearing stockings with no drawers on.

Emily Maitlis off Newsnight then. She really does have it all and carries it with such sophistication too.

stalker-644662.jpg

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Think Victoria Derbyshire would be good. My first thought was Fiona Bruce but maybe Kirsty Wark also.

Fiona Bruce is clearly top MILF-age, but all she does is read an autocue. Anyone can do that.

Chairing QT needs someone who can control the panel and the audience, can keep the debate on track, and doesn't mind getting a bit chippy with the slippery professional wafflers who make a living out of avoiding difficult questions.

Andrew Neil for me. He'd be perfect.

Machiavelli

Oct 11, 2013
Fiveways
Eddy Mair is the best political interviewer in the country and would be wasted on Question Time. He should be doing Newsnight on BBC2 at the same time. They could move over the generally weak Evan Davies to QT, so I wouldn't have to watch him.

If they want to make Question Time worth watching, they should employ James O'Brien and get him to bait the panel and audience as he does on his LBC radio show. If they were worried about balance they could have him alternate with someone right wing. Andrew Neil would be good if it meant an end to the massive smugfest that is 'This Week'. Give Portillo a new job waiting on various UK stations for trains that have been cancelled. He could wander up to nervous commuters, harangue them about the state of the country and go on endlessly about how much Stephen Twigg did him a favour.

Isn't Sweden v S Korea dull?

I think Mair is the best interviewer around. His talents aren't confined to (party) politics, but I do agree that he'd be wasted on QT

jonnyrovers

mostly tinpot
Aug 13, 2013
Shoreham-by-Sea

Please tell me you’re in charge if writing job adverts at the BBC??!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here