Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] 289 loyalty points

Biscuit

Native Creative
Jul 8, 2003
Brighton
Missed quite a few games towards the end of this season due to baby #2's arrival. Thankfully I did a fair few at the start of the season to keep my numbers up. Fair play to [MENTION=5]Turkey[/MENTION] who I think made every game home and away this season - something he's achieved several times now :bowdown:

Couldn't Be Hyypia

We've come a long long way together
NSC Patreon
Nov 12, 2006
Near Dorchester, Dorset
Best away day - Huddersfield (bar the result). Can't recommend going up the night before and sampling as much of the fantastic beer they produce in the area. Looking forward to doing it all again next year.

No idea how many points I have, but best away days for me are made by: who you go with, the attitude you take and a little bit by the result. Very, very little of it has to do with whether it's at a famous ground or if the oppo have famous players.

sully

Dunscouting
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
Goes up 10 points each extra season

Thanks. I thought I might get to maximum points at some point but I guess not. Presumably it’s still only for continuous renewals, too, so no taking a year’s break for any reason.

I am just about in the top tier for 3000 allocations but don’t do as many aways as I’d like to because of the persistent standing and blocking of gangways. My wife is short and likes to know she can get out if there’s an emergency, so awaydays can be a bit fraught at times. I’d also rather be further back and she’d rather be near the front so the randomness of the allocations doesn’t really help, either!

On the way

Oct 9, 2016
North Herts
The 'away' are, on the whole, long standing, regular attendees as I see them. See the same faces week in week out. And far more vociferous than the home contingent. My opinion of course.

Exactly, my point is these long standing supporters could potentially be usurped by those that can afford to do it week in week out, I think the club has fantastic support home and away support, no fishing :cheers:

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
I reckon it's going to be significantly easier to get to games next season as:

- Many of the "I will go to 100% of our Premier League games" crew from this past season won't be doing the same again.
- "New ground collectors" will be less drawn to many games than they were this season.
- The Premier League novelty will be wearing off for some folk already.

I think it was [MENTION=72]dwayne[/MENTION] who said, after Arsenal, that he now understands why some fans of the "lesser clubs" stop selling out their allocations at the big boys, and I completely agree. I've got little desire to go to Arsenal again any time soon and I think I'll find I feel the same way about Old Trafford after my 2 visits there last season.

The two big in-demand ones, depending on when they fall, will be Fulham and Spurs.

The red pepper kid

Dec 30, 2014
Away games are certainly becoming the hobby of the cash and time rich, and for their lucky (not so young) kids. Not sure how some families do it.
basically cut out foreign holidays and lots of other smaller things, family railcards or coaches, packed lunches and then it is possible to attend all or most of them anyway

Gazwag

5 millionth post poster
Mar 4, 2004
Bexhill-on-Sea
Thanks. I thought I might get to maximum points at some point but I guess not. Presumably it’s still only for continuous renewals, too, so no taking a year’s break for any reason.

I am just about in the top tier for 3000 allocations but don’t do as many aways as I’d like to because of the persistent standing and blocking of gangways. My wife is short and likes to know she can get out if there’s an emergency, so awaydays can be a bit fraught at times. I’d also rather be further back and she’d rather be near the front so the randomness of the allocations doesn’t really help, either!

The rules at the moment state 200+ with the + being the important symbol so continuous SH holding will go up by 10 points indefinably, although those 10 points maybe only important for some.

It is possible to get seats at the front nowadays as you can chose which block to sit in IF you are in the top bracket, just keep selecting tickets until you get a low row number, however if you are scrabbling about getting what's left its not so easy.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here