Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Words to Sussex by the Sea going up on the big screens!!!

Bob!

Coffee Buyer
Jul 5, 2003
A few extra people singing the verse.
Very mixed for the chorus.
The words were pretty unobtrusive on the screen anyway, so no problem with keeping it going.
It'll either catch on, or it won't.

Blackadder

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 6, 2003
Haywards Heath
Wrong! In the West Upper centre a lot of people were actually singing the real words rather than going da da da! Keep it going and it will do its job and teach people to sing the right words.

Absolutely this. We may not be the leaders in singing, that is rightly the North stand, albeit 3 to 4 different songs at
times today but we are the Sub-Woofer of the Amex. In G block, we looked at, and sang, the words. (and our block does tend to sing).

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
This was a massive fail today! No one sang the words which were on the screen so kind of defeats the object

Nonsense. How could you possibly listen to 22 thousand odd voices to know, who sang what? I always sing the right original words without the screen help, but some of those around me, today also sang the right words.

Reagulls

Jul 22, 2013
I sang the words on the screen this time, much better words than the "win the cup" ones I've sung up until today IMO

Diego Napier

Mar 27, 2010
My word, if that's the most embarrassed you have been, you really must have led a sheltered existence.

Well that just shows how much you know about things, I'm a real hard nut but I was so embarrassed what the Wolves fans would think about the words on the screen that I had to go back into the concourse until the game started.

BN9 BHA

DOCKERS
NSC Patron
Jul 14, 2013
Newhaven
Wasn't that bad was it ? No one died. :thumbsup:
Not really sure what people are moaning or 'embarrassed ' about, some might say watching grown men gurning and dancing around on camera during Fanzone is embarrassing :rolleyes:

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
I really don't believe fully grown 'mature' men are so easily embarrassed. You may not like singing, you may not want to look at the screens, you could fold your arms & grit your teeth, but embarrassed? Nah, don't believe you.

Diego Napier

Mar 27, 2010
I really don't believe fully grown 'mature' men are so easily embarrassed. You may not like singing, you may not want to look at the screens, you could fold your arms & grit your teeth, but embarrassed? Nah, don't believe you.

You don't know what you're talkin' about mate, when GOSBTS was on the screens there were dozens of North Stands finest cringing in the toilets.

That said there are many 'mature' men like you who I bet said the same to Cardiff fans when their kit was turned red or to hull when they were going to be called the tigers. Thankfully some of us have some pride.

Sussaxon

Mar 19, 2014
Sussex
Another embarrassed fan.

Having the words up....embarrassing.
Having the wrong words up....embarrassing.
Having supporters not realise the words are wrong....embarrassing
Having supporters come on here and stand behind the shambles....embarrassing.

How were they the "wrong words", and how was it a "shambles", I'm interested!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here