Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Still 7 points clear

Originunknown

BINFEST'ING
Aug 30, 2011
SUSSEX
What was the positive impact from Knocky?
He singularly failed to deliver a decent cross or corner or free kick into the box. Failed to carve out any opportunities for himself and loused up a two on one, when he should have put JI through. Admittedly he looked better than Locadia but then so would I have done.
Stephens was shocking in the first 30 mins and one of the main reasons we lost the game.

We looked livelier in general with him on. They were inviting it on themselves for most of the 2nd I realise that. Admittedly he didn't craft much but he did get about them more than Locadia did in the first.

How much did we miss Propper do we think? How much did Stephens miss Propper?

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
What was the positive impact from Knocky?
He singularly failed to deliver a decent cross or corner or free kick into the box. Failed to carve out any opportunities for himself and loused up a two on one, when he should have put JI through. Admittedly he looked better than Locadia but then so would I have done.
Stephens was shocking in the first 30 mins and one of the main reasons we lost the game.

Locadia cost £14.5m. Are you sure he wasn't effective?

Mo Gosfield

Aug 11, 2010
Yep, thats certainly a pessimistic view

Pretty realistic, I would say.
We have just had 4 reasonable games to take decent points from and we took one. We have made mistake after mistake, missed some straightforward chances and looked absolutely terrible at times. We now face our toughest run of fixtures all season. Is this a recipe for more points?

Mo Gosfield

Aug 11, 2010
We looked livelier in general with him on. They were inviting it on themselves for most of the 2nd I realise that. Admittedly he didn't craft much but he did get about them more than Locadia did in the first.

How much did we miss Propper do we think? How much did Stephens miss Propper?

Definitely missed him. Kayal is a poor substitute.

Green Gull

Feb 25, 2018
IMHO opinion we need to replace our two midfielders. Both are slow and prone to giving away free kicks in dangerous positions. Neither get involved in breaking up tackles and very rarely venture into the opposition half. If we do not address this we will continually rely on bottom clubs getting worse results than us

Sent from my MI 6 using Tapatalk
What? Stephen's (especially) & Propper have been brilliant for us this season.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

Bwian

Kiss my (_!_)
Jul 14, 2003
Yes I have and I still think we will get something Tuesday
You mean like an absolute tonking? Set up to not lose is dangerous and today was a perfect example of that.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Mo Gosfield

Aug 11, 2010
We might get a corner or 2.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

Oh no!!!
I can't stand it anymore. The big unit rumbling forward. The sense of anticipation and then the inevitable groan of disappointment as another Herman Munster type header thunders over the bar.

Mo Gosfield

Aug 11, 2010
I’m worried, I can’t see us getting any more points so we have a month ahead where our survival or relegation depends on others. At least in the playoffs and last season the team could exert some influence on our situation.

Don't worry. There are plenty of fans saying that we have enough points already. Apparently Saints and Stoke are doomed and will get very few more points. Its all over. Done and dusted. No need to bother about the last 5 games. ( Mind you, the team haven't bothered much about the previous four games )

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
I fancy we'll get something out of the Burnley game, and that will be enough.

That said, I'll be willing West Ham on against Stoke - just in case.

Bwian

Kiss my (_!_)
Jul 14, 2003
Pretty realistic, I would say.
We have just had 4 reasonable games to take decent points from and we took one. We have made mistake after mistake, missed some straightforward chances and looked absolutely terrible at times. We now face our toughest run of fixtures all season. Is this a recipe for more points?
Who do you think might be to blame for that?

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Who do you think might be to blame for that?

It was always on the cards that PL established Leicester and Palace (home advantage) would beat us. The bookies thought so.

The f*ck was the Hudd 'cup final' on home soil. Yet again Wagner overloads the midfield with 5 tenacious, pacey types ... to win that key battle over CH. Three points and we would've been on a par with Bmuff/Watford/Newcastle, with safety in the bag in reality. Our squad quality simply have the personnel to match Wagner's midfield.

essbee1

Jun 25, 2014
why the hell do we keep giving possession away cheaply and *all* the time (not just some of it) all of it ? Surely the players realise that this is at the heart of why we are strugglng?

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Definitely missed him. Kayal is a poor substitute.

Do you ever stop moaning?

Kayal's through ball to Izquierdo was equisite and led to the best goal of the game.

If you want to blame somebody, blame Murray for missing two sitters.

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
We have been poor. BUT so have the others. I'm not sure why people think teams who have spent the last 8 months being terrible (everyone who is at that end of the table is there on merit, don't forget) are going to suddenly turn into Barcelona and sweep aside all before them for the next month. We might be terrible and not get another point between now and the end of the season, but they still have to be good enough to catch and overhaul us. Is that a given? Not in my book.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
why the hell do we keep giving possession away cheaply and *all* the time (not just some of it) all of it ? Surely the players realise that this is at the heart of why we are strugglng?

Are the players knackered after a long season of chasing the ball and closing down better opponents? It's not the strongest of PL squads, and other than Izzy, lacks pace meaning that clearing balls just keep handing back possession.

seagulls4ever

Oct 2, 2003
Do you ever stop moaning?

Kayal's through ball to Izquierdo was equisite and led to the best goal of the game.

If you want to blame somebody, blame Murray for missing two sitters.

Locadia played that through ball.

Unfortunately, I don't think Kayal is close to being good enough for this level - he just doesn't have the quality. He's not close to Stephen's or Propper's level.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here