Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Leeds United vs Brighton & Hove Albion *** Official Match Thread ***

majnoon

Banned
Oct 25, 2014
sometimes seems to me that CH wont change things or cant when things go wrong, but that's just my thoughts

Bry Nylon

Test your smoke alarm
Helpful Moderator
Jul 21, 2003
Playing snooker
Not denying that. Should we not blame him for that goal then? Also thought Murray was really poor tonight, or can i not say that as he is our top goalscorer?

You can say what you want, obviously.

All I would say, as someone who works as part of a close-knit team, is that we win as a team and we lose as team. Apportioning blame is always easy but rarely beneficial.

Finger-pointing achieves nothing.

Durlston

"Garlic bread!?"
NSC Patron
Jul 15, 2009
Haywards Heath
Wood was 9/2 for first goal. I couldn't bring myself to place the bet but at least something good would have come from a bad thing. Doubly Gutted. :(

Dick Head

⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
Jan 3, 2010
Quaxxann
Wood was 9/2 for first goal. I couldn't bring myself to place the bet but at least something good would have come from a bad thing. Doubly Gutted. :(

So, it was all your fault.

samtheseagull

Sep 15, 2010
You can say what you want, obviously.

All I would say, as someone who works as part of a close-knit team, is that we win as a team and we lose as team. Apportioning blame is always easy but rarely beneficial.

Finger-pointing achieves nothing.

I agree. Im no way looking for a scapegoat. I just think knocky sometimes wont get criticised because of who he is.

ferring seagull

Dec 30, 2010
The tone was set as the first half took shape - Leeds possession, Leeds fighting for corners and everything, Leeds attempts on or off target creeping up.

If we were to go up this season, CH and the Board would have learnt a lot about our squad limitations from today, Huddersfield away, Newc at home etc. The 38 PL games would contain no soft touches, so many many high level acquisitions would be required.

In the mean time, Norwich and Villa away have always looked bloody hard for us with their squads and home advantage. Today reinforces that so much.

This !

BBassic

I changed this.
Jul 28, 2011
It was a pretty level game overall. Leeds imposed themselves a bit more but they were at home and they're impressive at Elland Road. It took slack defending from two attacking players to open us up to the first and the penalty was the only mistake I saw Tomori make. Just happened to be the costliest he could have possibly made.

Two weeks to recharge, then some winnable home games. Still on course.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
I thought our problem was that neither player on the left hand side of the field Skalak and Rosenior can kick with their left foot until March came on and this unbalances the approach when we attack hence we look a lot better when March comes on.

Arthritic Toe

Nov 25, 2005
Swindon
Never quite understand why some peoples reaction to being disappointed at the result makes them lash out at the team and manager. Its so childish.

It just didn't go our way today - we had better chances than Leeds, and ours just didn't go in today. I thought Dunky was a bit at fault for the first - he could have put Wood under more pressure and challenged for the header, but was faultless other than that, as was Tomori, other than the pen. We missed Bruno's linkup play going forward. We did ok against a good side - just didn't go our way. It happens.

ferring seagull

Dec 30, 2010
Looked at all the posts up till now - I never expected us to win, though I couldn't see any reason for us not to do so even with our depleted defence.
Just disappointed, especially given the results of last night and today, that we couldn't at least have ground out a draw. So, not sure that the set up was the best we could have come up with !

BRIGHT ON Q

Jul 5, 2003
Still 13 pages short of the Huddersfield match thread

madinthehead

I have changed this
Jan 22, 2009
Oberursel, Germany
Never quite understand why some peoples reaction to being disappointed at the result makes them lash out at the team and manager. Its so childish.

It just didn't go our way today - we had better chances than Leeds, and ours just didn't go in today. I thought Dunky was a bit at fault for the first - he could have put Wood under more pressure and challenged for the header, but was faultless other than that, as was Tomori, other than the pen. We missed Bruno's linkup play going forward. We did ok against a good side - just didn't go our way. It happens.

Bang on, exactly as I saw it Mr Toe.. You win some, you lose some.. Onward and upwards!

perseus

Broad Blue & White stripe
Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
We might have to play better if we are going to win away in the Premier League.

Burnley played virtually their Championship team at Sunderland, only new signing Hendrick for Lee, and Barnes for Vokes.

Stephen Ward still keeping new signing Brady out of the first team. Barton back in their side.

Eggmundo

U & I R listening to KAOS
Jul 8, 2003
Wasn't our day, end of.

Glad I've done Elland Road so no need to go back there. What a complete and utter dump of a ground!
I don't go away often but journeys like this make me realise how lucky we are to have the amex.

Roll on Blackburn :albion:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here