Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Taxi for Pardew

Rugrat

Mar 13, 2011
Seaford
I like the way the Sun makes it easy for their readers ... "footballers quizzed by cops after allegedly stealing a taxi" after which comes a big picture of ........ a taxi

(was it the taxi or a taxi ... this is important!)

Richbaggie

Feb 9, 2018
Hugely embarrassing report, whats the fans view? Similar to your good self I would guess

One of disgust but no real surprise. The players were against going and aren't behind Pardew at all so it's not a surprise to me that something went wrong.

Buzzer

Languidly Clinical
Oct 1, 2006
One of disgust but no real surprise. The players were against going and aren't behind Pardew at all so it's not a surprise to me that something went wrong.

I feel for you matey. Pardew is poison and has form for encouraging a laddish drinking culture at clubs he's managed. Rumour has it Dean Hammond and other senior players at Saints approached the Chairman about Pardew trying it on with their wives.

Richbaggie

Feb 9, 2018
I feel for you matey. Pardew is poison and has form for encouraging a laddish drinking culture at clubs he's managed. Rumour has it Dean Hammond and other senior players at Saints approached the Chairman about Pardew trying it on with their wives.

I am fairly close to the club and I know how littke respect Pardew commands. Players don't like him at all.
We have been so well run for so long, it's tough to see it falling apart and potential of return to the bad days of the 90s beckoning.

LlcoolJ

Mama said knock you out.
Oct 14, 2009
Sheffield
I am fairly close to the club and I know how littke respect Pardew commands. Players don't like him at all.
We have been so well run for so long, it's tough to see it falling apart and potential of return to the bad days of the 90s beckoning.
It does all sound a bit Sunderlandy.

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
All the jokes aside, this has to be really serious doesn't it? Presuming they were intoxicated, they've got drink driving, driving without insurance etc. then you've got theft. Blimey, I mean you could be looking at a custodial sentence!

Buzzer

Languidly Clinical
Oct 1, 2006
All the jokes aside, this has to be really serious doesn't it? Presuming they were intoxicated, they've got drink driving, driving without insurance etc. then you've got theft. Blimey, I mean you could be looking at a custodial sentence!

I've learnt recently from the Spanish tax fraud cases that if the sentence is less than 2 years the judge can give them a suspended sentence. I've no idea how strict the judges are over there but I reckon the sentence over here would be minimum of 2 years so this could be interesting.

It's clearly a sackable offence though. They were there as part of their club. This wasn't a private thing.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
I can't help thinking at 7pm on Brighton's warm weather training the squad will look something like this:-

young-children-asleep-at-mitcham-residential-school-london-1931-artist-ht222m.jpg

For fear of 'popping out for a quick one with the gaffer' turning into this:-

96813358064acd0ac43be9badf99c824.jpg

#YouKnowWhatHe'sLike.

Richbaggie

Feb 9, 2018
It does all sound a bit Sunderlandy.

The only positive is at present we are debt free.

However, rumours are that a fair few players don't have flex down in their contracts which was always the standard when we were yo yoing between the divisions in the noughties. So doubt we will be a club in black for much longer.

Birdie Boy

Jun 17, 2011
"Until such time as that investigation has been completed, the club will not be making any further comment."

And they couldn't say that after the Bong incident. :doh:

Couldn't Be Hyypia

We've come a long long way together
NSC Patron
Nov 12, 2006
Near Dorchester, Dorset
Like West Brom and really feel for their fans. They've never lorded it over other fans. Were the classic yo-yo club and one that many looked to as a role model. Such a shame for them and shows us how incredibly bloody grateful we should be to have Uncle Tony.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath

i remember a trip in Fuertoventura and the guide saying that there was very little crime because if anything happened the offenders got locked up for 6 - 12 months awaiting trial. Its a pity the same didnt happen to them in Spain where they were.

Buzzer

Languidly Clinical
Oct 1, 2006
The only positive is at present we are debt free.

However, rumours are that a fair few players don't have flex down in their contracts which was always the standard when we were yo yoing between the divisions in the noughties. So doubt we will be a club in black for much longer.

I reckon this could work for you in the long run. There's been so much gone so wrong that it's clear your club needs a complete clear out to get it back on an even keel. If it had just been one thing or another then you wouldn't have the momentum to push for wholesale change. Trouble is, in the short term, it's gonna hurt.

ROSM

Dec 26, 2005
Just far enough away from LDC

Or some lovely stories from west ham where a certain manager was caught having an extra marital relationship while his wife was unwell. In an attempt to deflect the story the journalist was offered a story about a player's gambling debts and having his car repossessed in return for not running the original story.

maffew

Dec 10, 2003
Worcester England
If they wanted to do that it would have been more impressive if they had nicked a BUS or a police car. Nicking a taxi is TIN pot

My 2nd cousin did time for nicking a JCB, probably not wise for a pissed up 16 year old to take it down the M5

We werent much older when it was a few of us having a smoke on a combine harvester at 5 am on a nearby farm, which my mate pressed the starter. **** me those things are noisy and have incredibly bright lights. We were down that ladder and running FAST

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here