Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Misc] The Award-winning official "More Snow Tomorrow?" Thread [2023-24 Season]

BigGully

Sep 8, 2006
Apart from a couple of hours snow tuesday morning this has been a crushing disappointment, they forecast some tomorrow afternoon but I don't believe it anymore and it will be gone by saturday anyway

Perhaps, but this is hardly a vindication of your own position, the weather has and continues to be quite extraordinary with frigid temps that are exceptional for the time of year.

The snow to some extent is irrelevent, you basically said that this set up couldnt ever deliver what it has and for that you were wrong, you back the odds on favourite, it's fun and you have become the pantomime villain, but please do not try and deflect just how wrong you have been by now citing lack of snow for some parts, come on Unc. you took one hell of a beating .......................

Papa Lazarou

Living in a De Zerbi wonderland
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
On the flumpage scale, where would you put small flakes that are coming down very heavily and settling to what looks like it could be deepish snow?

I was wondering is the Flumpdex needs a 2nd value for granularity.

So Level 2 Small as an example.

So, the stuff here at the moment is Sub Level 1 Large.

Carrot Cruncher

NHS Slave
Helpful Moderator
Jul 30, 2003
Southampton, United Kingdom
I was wondering is the Flumpdex needs a 2nd value for granularity.

So Level 2 Small as an example.

So, the stuff here at the moment is Sub Level 1 Large.

So if the large/small is for granularity, I'd say we're on Level 4 small. Could do with some quaver-like flakes, but I think it's the wrong type of snow for that.

porkdog

May 9, 2008
by the sea
Littlehampton is having a steady flump and has so for the last 30 mins or so, tiny flakes but heavy. just need it to push a little more east

1.5 on the flumpage

Uncle Spielberg

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
Perhaps, but this is hardly a vindication of your own position, the weather has and continues to be quite extraordinary with frigid temps that are exceptional for the time of year.

The snow to some extent is irrelevent, you basically said that this set up couldnt ever deliver what it has and for that you were wrong, you back the odds on favourite, it's fun and you have become the pantomime villain, but please do not try and deflect just how wrong you have been by now citing lack of snow for some parts, come on Unc. you took one hell of a beating .......................

Yes and no. I got the cold very wrong but not sure my prediction of a lack of snow was that far off

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat

As my front garden faces NW, I've still got the snow that fell on Tuesday. which hasn't melted yet. It is still bitterly cold in Newhaven.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Yes and no. I got the cold very wrong but not sure my prediction of a lack of snow was that far off

The problem as I see it, is that your prediction is limited to a 5 mile radius of where you are. If you haven't seen it, it hasn't happened.

There are a few flakes floating around at the moment. 0.1.

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
Snow in Worthing.....not heavy but settling.

Papa Lazarou

Living in a De Zerbi wonderland
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
Level 1.5 Large in BN13. Settling. (as it should do at -1.4C)

Gabbafella

Aug 22, 2012
Sompting, level 1 flumpage, medium.

Boss's Mrs just been sent home from work in Havant as it's getting bad there.

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008

Uncle, PLEASE do NOT get involved with any sort of discussion with BigGully, it won't end well because he will simply check your entire post library looking for discrepancies.

Uncle Spielberg

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
Uncle, PLEASE do NOT get involved with any sort of discussion with BigGully, it won't end well because he will simply check your entire post library looking for discrepancies.

Lol, it is all a bit of fun and nearly over for a year

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here