Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] There is ZERO chance of SIGNING anyone today.

Papa Lazarou

Living in a De Zerbi wonderland
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
Only by the bedwetters. Plenty on here think we have enough even if we fail to sign a striker...again. No doubt it will be bad luck too.

it will be today as we won't be going into an absolute crucial relegation 6 pointer without the extra firepower we have lined up since September.

6pm is the announcement but it will break on social media about 3pm . No need to panic

[emoji23]

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Do I sense a degree of gallows humour kicking in today?

Betfair Bozo

Jul 24, 2007
talking of Irish signings , who was that RB we were in for who looked a brilliant signing for a kid. I think we got very close to getting him but maybe went to Everton or somewhere else. Hows he getting on ?

Was only about 2-5 years ago

Do you mean Brian Lenihan? Had the choice of us or Hull and went there. Only made one start, later injured, went to Blackpool on loan and started a couple of games. Still with Hull but not a first teamer.

b.w.2.

Jan 8, 2004
Only by the bedwetters. Plenty on here think we have enough even if we fail to sign a striker...again. No doubt it will be bad luck too.

Moronic.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The Birdman

Nov 30, 2008
Haywards Heath
We must only buy someone who going to improve what we got although we not scoring enough goals I would be more worried if we did not create chances we should have converted more chances against the scum.
Trust TB and CH.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
and here's the problem, we all already know, in a nutshell:-

Everton have joined the race to sign Arsenal forward Theo Walcott, 28. The Englishman is also wanted by his first club Southampton, with the Gunners set to ask for close to £30m. (Liverpool Echo)

Papa Lazarou

Living in a De Zerbi wonderland
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing

Everton have joined the race to sign Arsenal forward Theo Walcott, 28. The Englishman is also wanted by his first club Southampton, with the Gunners set to ask for close to £30m. (Liverpool Echo)

That and his salary expectations as well. I'd imagine our salary structure restricts our 'pool' of targets in the UK more than anything else.

blockhseagull

Jan 30, 2006
Southampton
The fact that Pritchard has been valued at £12m, £4m more than Norwich played after roughly 25 appearance and 4 or 5 champ goals shows how hard it is to recruit.

The club will have to take a chance on a foreign export and hope they hit the ground running.

Napper

Jul 9, 2003
Sussex
We must only buy someone who going to improve what we got although we not scoring enough goals I would be more worried if we did not create chances we should have converted more chances against the scum.
Trust TB and CH.

we need 2 strikers for each postion in case of injuries and suspensions etc.

We currently have 3 ( of which 1 has not played in the league yet)

Therfore , if they signed me it will be an improvement on having no one.

Most sides have 4 + good options , chances are someone will get injured as we've been largely lucky in this area last couple years.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat

The fees are bad enough, but we know the biggest problem is wages. We lost Ward, Grabban, and Pritchard due to wages offered.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
We could recall Richie Towell. He has played 19 times on loan at Rotherham and scored, er, twice.

Maybe not......

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
We could recall Richie Towell. He has played 19 times on loan at Rotherham and scored, er, twice.

Maybe not......

?Judging by the Kayal thread, if he scores one more he'll be the go getting goal scoring midfielder the 1st XI is crying out for.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
The fees are bad enough, but we know the biggest problem is wages. We lost Ward, Grabban, and Pritchard due to wages offered.

Judging by what we think we have learned about what we are paying Knocky, Duffy, Dunk and Stephens, we can expect to be offering 45-55K a week. That is up to around 2.86 million pounds a year in salary. And a transfer fee of 15 to 20 million. SURELY we can find ourselves a decent striker playing in France, Spain, Portugal or Germany if we are prepared to offer up that sort of dosh. Even if it means paying a bit more to some current players according to any 'must be the highest player' arrangements they have.

On that basis I am confident we will have singings soon.

Blackadder

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 6, 2003
Haywards Heath

Most sides have 4 + good options , chances are someone will get injured as we've been largely lucky in this area last couple years.

Napper is already on Football Rumours......

The Gem

Oct 17, 2008

Nothing on there.

That didnt take long...........

www.footballrumors.com/napper-to-brighton

lawros left foot

Glory hunting since 1969
Jun 11, 2011
Worthing
I don't know if this has been mentioned anywhere, a Bruno replacement?
Club afraid of Brighton & Hove competition in race for fullback, can’t compete
By Lucas Sposito - 11th January 2018

The Portuguese press doesn’t seem convinced Benfica can compete with Brighton & Hove Albion for the signing of Roma fullback Bruno Peres.

Recent reports have been claiming that both clubs, along with Galatasaray, would be interested in the Brazilian as a January signing.

But as they take the news today, Jornal de Notícias doesn’t show any excitement to know that the race for the player is getting bigger.

They say the deal doesn’t seem easy because of a ‘huge difference’ in the amounts offered, making it unlikely that Benfica could continue competing on financial terms.

Embed from Getty Images

Brighton’s plan to bid for Peres was first reported in Italy, although the amount of the offer hasn’t been revealed yet.

Roma paid €12.5m to take the Brazilian from Torino last summer, giving him a contract which runs until 2021. So the Italian side will be very comfortable negotiating a fair price to sell him now.

Benfica would step aside after any reasonable Brighton offer, and let the Seagulls get on with it.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here