Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

To absent friends

Spicy

We're going up.
Dec 18, 2003
London
A time to think of those we have lost with love and sadness.

GoldWithFalmer

Seaweed! Seaweed!
Apr 24, 2011
SouthCoast
lost dad in November. doesn't feel any easier...though early days I know.

I am sorry my freind,i lost my mother 4 years ago,does it get any easier? for me slowly but just when you think your ok one can get a trigger and will bust into tears,it could be any situation anywhere,embrace the moments tho,for it is all part of the process....best wishes and goodwill.

skipper734

Registered ruffian
Aug 9, 2008
Curdridge
de5d3f29a0b95f442f03994a9e291e32.jpg

Feb 14, 2010
As its 100 years on. A mention to the 5 members of our 1914 team who died and 12 ex players who died during ww1, as well as all the members of The Sussex. Good old Sussex by The Sea and up Albion.

Taybha

Whalewhine
Oct 8, 2008
Uwantsumorwat
Defrocked , Pipkin , Davey , Tony , and to all my brothers and sisters in blue and white no longer with us , gone but never forgotten :cheers:

Pogue Mahone

Apr 30, 2011
lost dad in November. doesn't feel any easier...though early days I know.

That was me two years ago. Tough times, stay strong my friend.

It still feels raw, but it IS easier now. I still often think of something I want to tell him, and surprise myself that I can't ring him. I miss him, but can cope a little better now.

Guerrero

Jul 17, 2010
Near Alicante.Spain
It's about appreciating people and letting them know that you love them when they are here.
We all get a bit blase and think everything will last forever.
It doesn't.
Be nice to each other.
A little bit of my thoughts and prayers goes out to all of you tonight.

robinsonsgrin

Mar 16, 2009
LA...wishing it was devon..
I am sorry my freind,i lost my mother 4 years ago,does it get any easier? for me slowly but just when you think your ok one can get a trigger and will bust into tears,it could be any situation anywhere,embrace the moments tho,for it is all part of the process....best wishes and goodwill.

Yup like reading your reply set me off... us lasses are prone to that anyway ive been told!

robinsonsgrin

Mar 16, 2009
LA...wishing it was devon..
That was me two years ago. Tough times, stay strong my friend.

It still feels raw, but it IS easier now. I still often think of something I want to tell him, and surprise myself that I can't ring him. I miss him, but can cope a little better now.

thanks, it has been a lot tougher than I thought it would be seeing as as I didn't always share xmas with him....he used to go to my sister's - she's gone awol to NY to escape the lack of dad. went through a coupla necessary visits, but spent most of day on my own...much easier and no pretence to feel festive. now.. 3 pts tomorrow WILL cheer me up!

Carrot Cruncher

NHS Slave
Helpful Moderator
Jul 30, 2003
Southampton, United Kingdom
Nice thread.

Clarky would've been out with the boys over Christmas living it up as he always did, no doubt. Sorely missed.

Sorry to hear about your loss [MENTION=11828]Twinkle Toes[/MENTION]. Missed your posts on here and missed seeing your face at Albion games.

A reminder to anyone that needs it - do call or text friends who have lost someone recently or this year. It's easy to think you don't need to, but it can make a hell of a difference just letting someone know you're thinking of them.

You're spot on with the last paragraph, well said.

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
Lovely touch there Edna.
A toast if I may to my Uncle Ron who decided not to fight any more in April and another to my wife, still with us for a long time I hope but living with dementia and taken a big step down in the last few days......... Couldn't manage phone calls to family today and didn't know where she was. It can be a cruel world.

1234andcounting

Mar 31, 2008
Lovely sentiments, Edna. Still coming to terms with the recent loss of my brother.

Very much echo what others have said about keeping in touch as it will now be doubly important for me to ring/text/email or even try to see anyone who lives on their own.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here