Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Zaha watch - *** The SEGW finally managed to escape***

Dick Swiveller

Sep 9, 2011
If only this car existed back then, I am sure Utd would have bought him one.

schmunk

"Members"
Jan 19, 2018
Mid mid mid Sussex
maxresdefault.jpg

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Wilfried Zaha slams Manchester United treatment and reveals why he flopped at Old Trafford

‘I was dealing with this at 19; living in Manchester by myself, nowhere near anyone else, because the club had a hold over where I lived. ‘They hadn’t given me a car, like every other player [had]. Nothing. I’m living in this hell by myself, away from my family, and I thought, “If this doesn’t make me stronger, what will?”’

https://metro.co.uk/2018/09/20/wilf...veals-why-he-flopped-at-old-trafford-7962996/

Well if I didn't already think he was a piece of work, this would have confirmed it for me. What an absolute WHOPPER.

As if he didn't have his usual hangers on following him around adoringly in any case. It's not like he got stuck in a bedsit in Moss Side, having to live off the last Pot Noodle in the cupboard and wondering what that screaming noise is coming from downstairs. As somebody else has pointed out, thousands of students move out at 18 years old, hundreds of miles away from home, and living off their overdrafts. I don't see many of them whimpering about the fact nobody has bought them a car. What a pathetic individual he is.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Well if I didn't already think he was a piece of work, this would have confirmed it for me. What an absolute WHOPPER.

As if he didn't have his usual hangers on following him around adoringly in any case. It's not like he got stuck in a bedsit in Moss Side, having to live off the last Pot Noodle in the cupboard and wondering what that screaming noise is coming from downstairs. As somebody else has pointed out, thousands of students move out at 18 years old, hundreds of miles away from home, and living off their overdrafts. I don't see many of them whimpering about the fact nobody has bought them a car. What a pathetic individual he is.

And, as has been pointed out - he was 21 when he moved to United...

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Mr Tumble could NEVER be "world class".

1) When he had the opportunity at one of Europe's biggest clubs, he bottled it and was totally shite. Couldn't even get on the bench

2) He cheats

But that wasn't his fault. It's because Man United didn't buy him a car. Come ON, be fair to poor, broken, suffering Wilf now.

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
And, as has been pointed out - he was 21 when he moved to United...

And it didn't make him stronger, did it? He ran sobbing (via Cardiff) back to his small pond where he could be reunited with his Croydon hangers-on and revert to Big Fish status.

Luke Shaw would appear to have far more to complain about in terms of his treatment at Old Trafford than whiny Wilf, yet (unlike whiny Wilf) he's shown a pair of balls, worked his backside off, proved the manager wrong and seemingly found his place in the side.

Then again maybe Mourinho bought Shaw a second hand Ford Fiesta to keep him happy.

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Who's that man from Crystal Palace
Who's that man who loves to dive
Wilfried Zaha is his name
Breaks his leg in every game
It's a wonder that he's even still alive

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly

Poor thing having to walk everywhere, pathetic. So glad he'll never play for England

pasty

A different kind of pasty
Jul 5, 2003
West, West, West Sussex
Most outrageous football manager quote EVER!

On BBC website

"The campaign that has been mounted against Wilf is having an influence and that is sad if it is the case," said Hodgson.

"I think he is a player who stays on his feet more than most."

:eek::eek::eek:

LlcoolJ

Mama said knock you out.
Oct 14, 2009
Sheffield
Poor thing having to walk everywhere, pathetic. So glad he'll never play for England
He did the exact same thing with England as with Man United. Instead of working hard and forcing his way into the team/squad he chucked his toys out of the pram and ran away to a much easier option. How he can then whine about it like a spoilt toddler beggars belief.

What a complete ****.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location

On BBC website

Dear old Roy.

The man who put Kane on corner duty, and chose to take a boat trip down the Seine with Ray Lewington rather than go and watch our upcoming opponents Iceland who were playing in the same city that day. Not that any harm came of it eh.

Then said irritably in his outgoing press conference: "I don't really know what I'm doing here".

No.
Shit.

LlcoolJ

Mama said knock you out.
Oct 14, 2009
Sheffield
Dear old Roy.

The man who put Kane on corner duty, and chose to take a boat trip down the Seine with Ray Lewington rather than go and watch our upcoming opponents Iceland who were playing in the same city that day. Not that any harm came of it eh.

Then said irritably in his outgoing press conference: "I don't really know what I'm doing here".

No.
Shit.
After all these years he's finally found his level.

Defending the indefensible, ranting about injustice where there is none, not really understanding the world he now finds himself in and getting angry with a man dressed as a bee.

I'm sure there are many people in nursing homes up and down the country who can relate to it.

Poor Roy.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
After all these years he's finally found his level.

Defending the indefensible, ranting about injustice where there is none, not really understanding the world he now finds himself in and getting angry with a man dressed as a bee.

I'm sure there are many people in nursing homes up and down the country who can relate to it.

Poor Roy.

Yeah well he is Palace through and through so no surprise really.

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003

On BBC website

That is up there with "There are no Americans in Baghdad".

Scappa

Jul 5, 2017
Wilfried Zaha slams Manchester United treatment and reveals why he flopped at Old Trafford

‘I was dealing with this at 19; living in Manchester by myself, nowhere near anyone else, because the club had a hold over where I lived. ‘They hadn’t given me a car, like every other player [had]. Nothing. I’m living in this hell by myself, away from my family, and I thought, “If this doesn’t make me stronger, what will?”’

https://metro.co.uk/2018/09/20/wilf...veals-why-he-flopped-at-old-trafford-7962996/

Perhaps Moyes was worried about what he would get up to in the back of whatever vehicle they gave him.

On hearing of such frightful adversity you have to feel a llittle sympathy for the poor lamb, knowing that some dreadful meanie will try to MURDER HIM TO DEATH every time he touches the ball

Se20

Banned
Oct 3, 2012
Brilliant.
The usual suspects, keep it going :lolol:

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
Perhaps Moyes was worried about what he would get up to in the back of whatever vehicle they gave him.

Just before that quote he addresses those rumours:

"There were rumours that the reason I wasn’t playing [many games] for United was because I slept with [then manager] David Moyes’s daughter, and no one [at the club] attempted to clear that up. So I was fighting my demons by myself, these rumours that I knew weren’t true. "

Full interview here: https://www.shortlist.com/entertainment/sport/wilfried-zaha-football-crystal-palace-interview/372052 if anyone is interested in picking out more quotes to question...

Motogull

Todd Warrior
Sep 16, 2005

I ought to give this and the 'tale of woe' thread a swerve while my burst cringe pipes mend.

I read that as 'due to being too dim to get a car added into my contract I sulked to the point I was shipped out'.

Now the wankpuffins are protesting about the absence of red cards for tackles on him.

Every night is amateur night for those tits.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here