Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Big thank you to the club.

Charles 'Charley' Charles

NSC Patreon
Oct 8, 2005
The Mile Of Oaks
So just a quick update, after a very long and to degree complex and problem filled summer today is the day. After 54 doses of chemo and countless blood and platelet transfusions my son's treatment finishes, and his recovery can begin. He'll still be in Great Ormond Street for the foreseeable future while his body recovers and trains strength, but the treatment is nearly over. The support and help we've had from everyone including the club, supporters, nurses, friends family had been amazing. It's not been easy splitting a family apart for so long, but with everyone's help and support has helped immensely. He can't wait to get back to the AMEX and as he puts it "sing Knockers song". Sorry I've not replied individually to posts or messages, it's just obviously been a very tough few months.

Exile

Objective but passionate
Aug 10, 2014
So just a quick update, after a very long and to degree complex and problem filled summer today is the day. After 54 doses of chemo and countless blood and platelet transfusions my son's treatment finishes, and his recovery can begin. He'll still be in Great Ormond Street for the foreseeable future while his body recovers and trains strength, but the treatment is nearly over. The support and help we've had from everyone including the club, supporters, nurses, friends family had been amazing. It's not been easy splitting a family apart for so long, but with everyone's help and support has helped immensely. He can't wait to get back to the AMEX and as he puts it "sing Knockers song". Sorry I've not replied individually to posts or messages, it's just obviously been a very tough few months.

:clap2:

Best wishes to the whole family x

W.C.

Oct 31, 2011

Wonderful to hear, thanks for that. All the best to all of your family, and particularly, to your son. All together now...'We've got Knockaert...'

Brian Fantana

Oct 8, 2006
In the field

Cracking news to start the day. Let's hope Knockers and the gang can put an additional smile on your boy's face with a thumping win tonight.

Best wishes to all you!

MattBackHome

Jul 7, 2003

Wonderful wonderful stuff. Keep the updates coming when you're able.

blue'n'white

Oct 5, 2005
2nd runway at Gatwick
Fab news let's hope the team can give your son a big boost tonight

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Charles 'Charley' Charles

NSC Patreon
Oct 8, 2005
The Mile Of Oaks
Just wanted to say again a massive thank you to the club, and everyone I've been involved with and had contact with there. Our son has finally been discharged as an inpatient, although still needing to go up to the Alex for daily blood tests. His treatment is finished, and we're waiting for his blood counts to rise after his last cycle of chemo, they are on their way, but due to the intensity of the treatment they do take a while. Finally we're able to look ahead a bit as opposed to reacting to the moment, and plans can be slightly less fluid, he even has a date in his head of when he will be able to return to school, just hoping he makes it as he can't wait. Understandably after 8 months of hospital treatment he's desperate for normality, but it's coming, his hair has grown back and his counts are coming up slowly, we're ignoring the long term side effects at the moment and just enjoying the here and now.

Anyway with all that said, yesterday something amazing happened, one of the main things he's missed from the start, and one of the things that has kept him going, he finally made his return to the Amex. When we scored he jumped up beaming and cheering as we all did, he flung his arms around me and brought several tears to my eyes, he'd done it. To us at least the result meant nothing to us yesterday but the performance and score were the icing on the cake. I'd let the club know he was coming back as they have been really good to him, from Paul Barber down, from messages, shirts and several other things, so wanted to let them know. They again knew how to make such a huge difference to him, and us as a family, and we were asked if we wanted to have our pictures taken pitchside, and as a surprise even with some of the players, and then Knockaert, his (well everyones) favourite player in the tunnel. We were then walked round the pitch around 2.50 to our seats in the East. What an amazing day, and one of those things behind the scenes that really make a difference, and make me proud of this club, and everyone who works for them. Words can't really describe the emotions from yesterday, just another match to most but a huge deal to us.

On a side note, as amazing as our day and match was, we have had our blinkers taken off to childhood cancer and how common it can be. We had such an amazing day, but our thoughts went to the Villa match last night, where a standing ovation took place for a 7 year old supporter took place in the 7th minute who had lost his battle with leukaemia.

Goldstone1976

We Got Calde in!!
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patreon
Apr 30, 2013
Herts
Thanks so much for the further update. It's brilliant that your son's recovery continues so well. What a milestone it must be for him to return to the AMEX - v proud of the club for continuing to treat him well too.

i wish all of you nothing but the very best for his continued recovery.

Thunder Bolt

Ordinary Supporter
Thanks so much for the further update. It's brilliant that your son's recovery continues so well. What a milestone it must be for him to return to the AMEX - v proud of the club for continuing to treat him well too.

i wish all of you nothing but the very best for his continued recovery.

This. I couldn't have said it any better.

Paul Reids Sock

Nov 3, 2004
Paul Reids boot
I am so pleased to wake up and read this CCC. Such great news and I'm not ashamed to say it brought a tear to my eye. Having a near 7 year old I can only imagine what you have been through.

I know the journey is complete yet but this is such a massive step forward.

His face and hugging you when we scored must be up there with the best moments of your life. The club being great for him is brilliant and so glad for you and all your family

el punal

Just wanted to say again a massive thank you to the club, and everyone I've been involved with and had contact with there. Our son has finally been discharged as an inpatient, although still needing to go up to the Alex for daily blood tests. His treatment is finished, and we're waiting for his blood counts to rise after his last cycle of chemo, they are on their way, but due to the intensity of the treatment they do take a while. Finally we're able to look ahead a bit as opposed to reacting to the moment, and plans can be slightly less fluid, he even has a date in his head of when he will be able to return to school, just hoping he makes it as he can't wait. Understandably after 8 months of hospital treatment he's desperate for normality, but it's coming, his hair has grown back and his counts are coming up slowly, we're ignoring the long term side effects at the moment and just enjoying the here and now.

Anyway with all that said, yesterday something amazing happened, one of the main things he's missed from the start, and one of the things that has kept him going, he finally made his return to the Amex. When we scored he jumped up beaming and cheering as we all did, he flung his arms around me and brought several tears to my eyes, he'd done it. To us at least the result meant nothing to us yesterday but the performance and score were the icing on the cake. I'd let the club know he was coming back as they have been really good to him, from Paul Barber down, from messages, shirts and several other things, so wanted to let them know. They again knew how to make such a huge difference to him, and us as a family, and we were asked if we wanted to have our pictures taken pitchside, and as a surprise even with some of the players, and then Knockaert, his (well everyones) favourite player in the tunnel. We were then walked round the pitch around 2.50 to our seats in the East. What an amazing day, and one of those things behind the scenes that really make a difference, and make me proud of this club, and everyone who works for them. Words can't really describe the emotions from yesterday, just another match to most but a huge deal to us.

On a side note, as amazing as our day and match was, we have had our blinkers taken off to childhood cancer and how common it can be. We had such an amazing day, but our thoughts went to the Villa match last night, where a standing ovation took place for a 7 year old supporter took place in the 7th minute who had lost his battle with leukaemia.

What wonderful news after such a traumatic time. I am so glad your son is well on the road to recovery. You must have all had a fantastic day yesterday and with the performance and result being an extra bonus.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here