Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Lionel Messi - Better than the rest

Iggle Piggle

Sep 3, 2010
For anyone that loves stats [MENTION=12595]Acker79[/MENTION] this article is a great read. If you've every wondered if Messi was the best player in the world (and Ronaldo the 2nd), this is as close to proof as you will get.

As a word of warning Five Thirty Eight is an American site (A basketball reference FFS) but given they love analysis by statistics, it's great following them on Twitter to compare odds against chance for anyone, who, like me, spends too much time, money and effort researching Gambling opportunities.

http://fivethirtyeight.com/features/lionel-messi-is-impossible/

pistol76

Jun 10, 2012
When messi does it in the premiereship you can say he the best but he scared to come here and ronaldo has done it fact

Munkfish

May 1, 2006
When messi does it in the premiereship you can say he the best but he scared to come here and ronaldo has done it fact

Waited 2 years to post and your first post is spouting rubbish about the premier league. Welcome.

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
Exactly. Until he's done it against Barnsley in the snow, he's done nothing.

A good point well made.

:jester:

Gullflyinghigh

Apr 23, 2012
But neither of them have done it in the Belgian leagues, so clearly Lukaku is the real number 1.

simmo

Feb 8, 2008
I was talking about Messi the other day, saying about how I think he is the best player ever (win the WC and the debate should be over IMO) and in my conversation I said that he had scored 90 top flight goals in a calendar year and I was double checking myself thinking, that can't be right I need to look at that because that just does not seem possible.

This thread reminded me of that conversation and I have checked now and he scored 91! in 2012.

I mean if a Premiership player gets 30 Prem goals (with say 10 more for country, cups, european games) a season/year that is regarded as phenominal. I can remember Clive Allen get 49 in the mid 80's and I think that may be the modern day record in England.

91 goals in a year (in La Liga, Copa Del Rey, Champions League and International's) that is just unreal.

spring hall convert

Nov 3, 2009
Brighton
Poor [MENTION=24746]pistol76[/MENTION], he has been waiting 2 years to post, this was his big moment. NSC can be so cruel at times.

Although to be fair, a controversial post devoid of grammar and ending in "fact" was never going to go down well here.

Some punctuation might have helped, in addition to actually reading the article.

Washie

Jun 20, 2011
Eastbourne
Reasons why Heskey is better than Messi.

1) Heskey has never missed a penalty, Messi has
2) Heskey has 61 caps for England, Messi has 0
3) Heskey has scored 7 goals for England, Messi has 0
4) Heskey has scored 100+ goals in the Premier League, Messi has never scored in it
5) Heskey undoutably has a larger **** than Messi
6) Heskey is black, Messi isn't
7) Heskey's feet are size 15, Messi's are a tiny size 10
8) Emile's shots go out for throw-ins, Messi's don't
9) Heskey's bitch is sexier than Messi's bitch
10) Heskey misses a lot because he doesn't want to upset the goalkeepers feelings, Messi just scores all the time because he's a tw**
11) Heskey has played in more World Cups than Messi
12) Emile has played for more clubs than Messi, meaning he is more versatile
13) Heskey has been bough for bigger transfers fee than Messi ever has
14) Heskey quite clearly has a better haircut than Messi
15) Messi played shit in the Champions League semi final against Chelsea, Heskey didn't
16) Heskey has never had a bad game in La Lige, Messi has
17) Heskey weighs much more than Messi, making him the better man
18) Heskey's head is infinitely bigger than Messi's
19) Messi is one ugly shit, whereas Heskey even gives straight guys a boner
20) Heskey can play without Xavi and Iniesta
21) Heskey changes clubs regularly, as he wants to give everyone a chance with his brilliance, Messi just stays at Barcelona
22) Heskey has better strength, heading accuracy and aggression on FIFA 12 (the only attributes that matter)
23) Heskey has played more times in the Euro's than Messi
24) Messi has never made a girl orgasm, Heskey does by simply staring into a women's eyes
25) Heskey's middle name is 'William Ivanhoe', which is far better and cooler than Messi's middle name 'Andres'
26) Heskey has had shit managers such as Alex McLeish and Steve Bruce, whereas Messi has had Pep Guardiola
27) Heskey can play at Centre Back, Messi can't
28) Heskey has more pubic hair than Messi's goals
29) Heskey hits his shot into row Z because he's a nice guy and wants to interact with the supporters
30) Heskey has kids, Messi doesn't because he can't score off the pitch
31) Messi earns more than Heskey, meaning he is greedier and therefore a prick

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here