Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Championship Trophy Presentation

Paul Reids Sock

Nov 3, 2004
Paul Reids boot

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
It'll definitely be at the Bristol City game. They will have it ready at the only place where it is possible for a team to win the league.
So it won't be at Norwich on Friday?

studio150

Jul 30, 2011
On the Border
We would have to lose at Norwich and at home v Bristol City to do that which is unlikely.

And Newcastle would need to beat both Preston at home and Cardiff City away otherwise we win the league regardless of us losing both games

So as Newcastle play Sunday/Friday if we don't win at Norwich City we may win the league when we are not playing and will be champions before we play Bristol City

whitelion

Dec 16, 2003
Southwick
Think there was a rule implemented a while ago that said that it would not be presented to a team at an away ground

As such I would assume it will be waiting at the Bristol City game for if we get the win there (Not expecting anything from Norwich)

Even if it's the final fixture of the season?

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP
I've had my thoughts about the presentaion today. But if it is the Brizzle game, which would be after the match, how on earth are they going to stop the pitch party which will surely happen, as with Wigan?

seagull_in_malaysia

Aug 18, 2006
Reading
I've had my thoughts about the presentaion today. But if it is the Brizzle game, which would be after the match, how on earth are they going to stop the pitch party which will surely happen, as with Wigan?

Could they do it on the West stand balcony or must they have all the fancy fireworks when the team lifts it?

Official Old Man

Uckfield Seagull
Aug 27, 2011
Brighton
There wont be a pitch invasion against Brizzle. We've done that now so when TB says stay off we will obey. The trophy will be presented on the pitch with all the Sky fireworks and then a lap of honour.
As there was no presentation Monday it was 100% on the pitch.

Paul Reids Sock

Nov 3, 2004
Paul Reids boot
Even if it's the final fixture of the season?

Yep - as per the link above they would do something the following Monday or something at a location in the city. So that more people can see it is the official line. Which is rubbish as if they were thinking of the fans they would allow it at the final match if it was to be won on that day.

Nothing beats lifting a trophy at the stadium

Kuipers Supporters Club

Feb 10, 2009
GOSBTS

They will be all over the PA system getting people off, we (myself very much included) had our fun yesterday, if we win it v City, then if you go on, come back off and do the trophy on the pitch - there is nowhere else to logistically get it done.

fleet

Jul 28, 2003
Can't see them presenting at Norwich even if we win (which we may well do!), I expect that it will be at home, assuming we get 3 points or Newcastle drop more by then.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here