Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Stockdale

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
With us safe from relegation, barring a scoring catastrophe of biblical proportions, perhaps congratulations are in order to Stockdale and the rest of the defence who, whilst not perfect (but then which defence are), have kept us in this division.

JBizzle

Apr 18, 2010
Seaford
With us safe from relegation, barring a scoring catastrophe of biblical proportions, perhaps congratulations are in order to Stockdale and the rest of the defence who, whilst not perfect (but then which defence are), have kept us in this division.
Well said, sir. Agree entirely.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey

Wise words. And they've even contributed as many goals as our truly shithouse front four.

Mo Gosfield

Aug 11, 2010
Wise words. And they've even contributed as many goals as our truly shithouse front four.

A truly shithouse front four who play in front of the poorest creativity in the Championship. You could put Deeney, Wilson, Rhodes and Bamford in front of that lot and they wouldn't be scoring either.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
A truly shithouse front four who play in front of the poorest creativity in the Championship. You could put Deeney, Wilson, Rhodes and Bamford in front of that lot and they wouldn't be scoring either.

Really? Kayal, Teixeira and Stephens?
If you check out our stats for shots off target and on target, you'll find that we took plenty of shots, so the creativity was there, but the finishing was woeful.

Hotchilidog

Jan 24, 2009

Agreed. It was the defence wot won it.

Joey Jo Jo Jr. Shabadoo

Waxing chumps like candles since ‘75
Oct 4, 2003

Currently 8th best defence on goals conceded this season which is a small positive given how gash we've been for most of the season and something to build on for next season.

jimbob5

Banned
Sep 18, 2014
If we had let in NIL goals throughout the season, would we not be pushing for promotion, or promoted? Surely the fact we struggled is entirely down to Stockdale. I believe we scored plenty of goals.
As I said before, the role of the so called forward should be largely redundant in the modern sophisticated game. Given the fact tackling is no longer allowed a team should be able to win at least one penalty every other game which eradicates the necessity to try and score a goal in open play, which I've always found a bit messy.
I don't go to a game to be entertained. If I want that, I'll go and watch the talented Chuckle Brothers, or national treasure, Les Dennis.
Frankly the less excitement during a game the better. Ideally crowd noise should be banned and there should be piped muzak in the background.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey

You have to be joking, surely? :lolol:

I don't know why you won't believe your own eyes, but it's clear to everyone else that our strikers range from bang average to absolute gash.

BHAJakesterIX

Nov 24, 2012
On one hand, I've seen sunday league goalkeepers who are more consistent than Stockdale (and have to work in worse conditions). However when a shot is taken at the keeper, that is the fault of the midfielder who should be covering when not in possession of the ball, and the defenders who are not closing him down quick enough. Being a keeper is a lonely job, and not all the responsibility of the keeper to keep a clean sheet. Make a mistake outfield, theres another 9-10 players to help. Make a mistake in goal, and you conceed - its a tough place standing between the sticks.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Be positive a new season coming so they, whoever they are, but 1 will be DS all start with a clean sheet. It is then all down to him no excuse of being new and strange to him. I hope he has a better season.

shaolinpunk

[Insert witty title here]
Nov 28, 2005
Brighton
Stockdale seems to be actively looking for criticism on Twitter now - he's got into a discussion with Adam Virgo based on a tweet from a month ago

(In text rather than embedded for those on mobile)

[MENTION=2144]Adam[/MENTION]virgs19 Mar 21
That the bit of luck Stockdale needed making another mistake but ref saying was a foul. Hopefully won't effect confidence for rest of game

DS13 ‏@stockogk1313 39m39 minutes ago
[MENTION=2144]Adam[/MENTION]virgs19 crazy game of opinions ain't it? ����

[MENTION=2144]Adam[/MENTION]virgs19 13m13 minutes ago
@stockogk1313 always is about opinions you have made me a fortune this season!!

DS13 ‏@stockogk1313 8m8 minutes ago
[MENTION=2144]Adam[/MENTION]virgs19 a fortune? And still working? Lucky you.

Adam Virgo
[MENTION=2144]Adam[/MENTION]virgs19
@stockogk1313 just paid to give an opinion on what I see when I am at the games. Played the game long enough to know when GK makes a mistake

May 27, 2014
Littlehampton
What the hell is wrong with him? He's at it again on Twitter, searching out a critical tweet from Virgo from March 21st and laying into him.

What a nutcase. Clearly can't handle criticism, god knows how he made it as a keeper with such a lack of thick skin.

shaolinpunk

Nov 28, 2005
Brighton
DS13 ‏@stockogk1313 47s47 seconds ago
Adamvirgs19 opinions like @I_CALDERON_14 too old and shouldn't get a new contract?? POTY and too old?? You keep calling it how you see it��

shaolinpunk

Nov 28, 2005
Brighton
Things heating up a bit

Adam Virgo ‏@Adamvirgs19 1m1 minute ago
@stockogk1313 hit a nerve have I known Calde a lot longer than you pal. Stick to trying to catch a ball than catching fish.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here