Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Legal challenge to FFP in the offing? Guardian piece inc. Mr Barber

Goldstone1976

We Got Calde in!!
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Apr 30, 2013
Herts
So anything you do not agree with is trolling, not much point in responding when you can talk to your fellow deluded, oh whoa is me friends and get the answers you only want to hear.

That's so far off the mark, it's laughable. What is trolling is when a rival fan makes a post which, in its entirety says:

"The truth has no place in football supporting and blind rivalry, tut tut tut."

It was this post that I responded to in a way that was considered and pointed out facts. Facts which you have since not acknowledged.

You haven't in the post I quote in this post addressed a single one of the points I have made.

You then swear at me. Nice.

For the first time, I have made use of the ignore button.

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
We are on far, far higher moral ground than Palar$e with their administrations and ****ed-over creditors. Ignore the scum trolls.

Infrastructure costs such as the Amex stadium development and our lovely new training ground are quite rightly excluded from FFP so, scum trolls, your daft comments about Bloom's investment in our infrastructure are TOTALLY IRRELEVANT to this FFP thread.

EDS

Banned
Nov 11, 2012
That's so far off the mark, it's laughable. What is trolling is when a rival fan makes a post which, in its entirety says:

"The truth has no place in football supporting and blind rivalry, tut tut tut."

It was this post that I responded to in a way that was considered and pointed out facts. Facts which you have since not acknowledged.

You haven't in the post I quote in this post addressed a single one of the points I have made.

You then swear at me. Nice.

For the first time, I have made use of the ignore button.

The points you made in your post is not actually the truth though, therefore my comment that the truth has no place in football supporting is pretty valid.
As for the swearword it was not what you may have thought it was.

EDS

Banned
Nov 11, 2012
We are on far, far higher moral ground than Palar$e with their administrations and ****ed-over creditors. Ignore the scum trolls.

Infrastructure costs such as the Amex stadium development and our lovely new training ground are quite rightly excluded from FFP so, scum trolls, your daft comments about Bloom's investment in our infrastructure are TOTALLY IRRELEVANT to this FFP thread.

Truly made me laugh, so much pent up frustration.

Silverhatch

Feb 23, 2009
Preston Park
all clubs are to some extent living outside their means. The Brighton business model is certainly not market consistent and available to all. They have been gifted over 100m in interest free loans. If another club wanted to have a new stadium and got the same crowds/income as Brighton they would have to add on another 10m+ to the losses (if not more). Not that they would get the finance anyway unless someone could whack in at least 50%

The FPP while in theory a reasonable idea can never work especially separate to the Prem and other countries doing silly.

Football is screwed financially and running a football club involves delaying ruin as long as possible

Tony Bloom has 'gifted' the Albion 150m to build long-term infrastructure, but he still insists on the club living within its means. The emergence of FFP has given our chairman another reason to resist the extremes that some other chairman will go to. The ruination of football clubs is everything to do with the wage inflation of premiership players feeding down throughout the leagues when none of the TV income is available to clubs outside the top flight.

Parachute payments are just going to create a Prem 2 by stealth.

Creaky

Mar 26, 2013
Hookwood - Nr Horley
You make your own luck in my opinion. There was nothing lucky about Dick Knight taking control of the club, he fought for it, then he and the board kept the club going through it's darkest days because they believed in the fight. In regard to Bloom, we are indeed fortunate that he has had sufficient funds to bankroll everything since the credit crunch, but his family have been part of the lifeblood of this club for decades.

I agree, nothing lucky about the way that Dick Knight fought to the benefit of the club but definitely lucky that there was someone as able as Dick Knight willing to do so.

portslade seagull

Jul 19, 2003
portslade
Something in the Argus with Barber stating " wants Financial Fair Play penalties to be honoured " so must be worried that they might not

eaglejez

Apr 23, 2004
The ruination of football clubs is everything to do with the wage inflation of premiership players feeding down throughout the leagues when none of the TV income is available to clubs outside the top flight.

Certainly agree with that.

Don't Championship clubs get money from the Premiership. I think for most it's bigger than ticket income and the reason why they agreed to the Premierships EPPP aka premiership clubs can steal young talent from everyone's academy rather than fostering their own talent.

Football is screwed

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Parachute payments were the biggest muck up ever....where else do you get rewarded for failure...

Banking industry, company directors, football players who rarely play.............

It is an endless list I am afraid.

algie

The moaning of life
Jan 8, 2006
In rehab
Truly made me laugh, so much pent up frustration.

Delighted you are now officially banned for a year from here. As Palace fans go you were one of the most dullest and irritating knobs to grace this board. You can now spend more time on YOUR OWN BOARD - goodbye x

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
Delighted you are now officially banned for a year from here. As Palace fans go you were one of the most dullest and irritating knobs to grace this board. You can now spend more time on YOUR OWN BOARD - goodbye x

The mods need to be consistent , why is EDS banned for a year when 2 other Palarse muppets were given permanent bans in February ?

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
The ruination of football clubs is everything to do with the wage inflation of premiership players feeding down throughout the leagues when none of the TV income is available to clubs outside the top flight.

Sorry, don't agree with that at all. The ruination of football are the people that fund the tv deals. If those funds weren't available then there wouldn't be the money to pay the players. Unfortunately, too many people are happy to pay for armchair football. Millions of people berate the state of football and how much players earn and then sit down and watch footie at 4pm on a Sunday or whatever other time the TV companies deem it suitable for them to broadcast.

You could also argue that the ruination of football started with Jimmy Hill and then Bosman!!!!

Tubby-McFat-Fuc

May 2, 2013
Brighton
come on !! I'm trying to stay away from this thread but you are ignoring over 120m of debt you've been gifted. The full income from the stadium is included in your accounts but a massive slice of the costs is ignored. Great for Brighton and Palace are also benefitting from wealthy owners but please don't think Brighton are any better than everyone else
I am not saying Brighton are better than anyone else. All I am merely pointing out, is our debts are manageable. When Leicester Palace and most of the other clubs went in administration, it was due to overspending on the squad. Something that a lot of Championship clubs are doing again.

I think you have your numbers confused by the way, also you whole argument is flawed. "DEBIT that we have been GIFTED" is not really a debt is it. So you are accusing us of ignoring debt, that we do not have!! That's desperate even for a Palace fan!

sparkie

Jul 17, 2003
Hove

Good news. Hopefully palace will be back in the football league by the time he is next able to bore us.

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
Something in the Argus with Barber stating " wants Financial Fair Play penalties to be honoured " so must be worried that they might not

He's not the only one. The FL have repeatedly failed to demonstrate they have the balls to deal with controversial issues.

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003

Will be sorely missed! ;-)

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
There wasn't. The club would have been wound up and if no-one had noticed the club's articles of association had been changed Archer would have pocketed any money left over after the creditors had been paid.

The Administration Act was in 1986, so you are wrong. Prior to 1997 about a dozen clubs had gone into admin.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here