Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] Brexit

If there was a second Brexit referendum how would you vote?

• Total voters

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Settled Status is going to be a giant cluster**** by all accounts.

I've said this before on this thread, but I still remember my ex-girlfriends Worker Registration Scheme application back in 2005 - A colour photocopied piece of A4 paper sent from a Home Office processing centre in Sheffield for the cost of £50, which they didn't even manage to take as they never cashed the cheque I wrote for her. Luckily her passport was received back despite not being sent recorded delivery as it was supposed to be.

This. And this is why it is utterly utterly paramount that the European Court has jurisdiction over EU citizens settled status. Britain simply cannot be trusted on this.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
So if the new UK passport (and yes, there does have to be one) was a sort of dark red, that would make some sort of difference?

Which bit of stop being deliberately obtuse did you not understand?

Lincoln Imp

Feb 2, 2009
It's only a colour. Why does it upset you so much?

As far as I - and I suspect HT - am concerned, the colour of the passport doesn't upset me one way or the other. What upsets me is that I have to share an island with people who are so obsessive that they regard the colour of the passport as some sort of momentous gesture to national glory.

(For what it's worth, which isn't very much, I think dark blue or black is a much nicer colour than maroon for a passport or anything else.)

ManOfSussex

We wunt be druv
Apr 11, 2016
Rape of Hastings, Sussex
As far as I - and I suspect HT - am concerned, the colour of the passport doesn't upset me one way or the other. What upsets me is that I have to share an island with people who are so obsessive that they regard the colour of the passport as some sort of momentous gesture to national glory.

(For what it's worth, which isn't very much, I think dark blue or black is a much nicer colour than maroon for a passport or anything else.)

To me it's the epitome of the nostalgic and sentimental yearnings of some Brexiteers of wanting to go back in time to how things were. It'll be red phone boxes, pubs having to close in the daytime and Sunday schools being brought back next.

Titanic

Super Moderator
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
West Sussex

Isn't life a bit short to be so anxious about the colour of a passport or even a few swivel-eyed loons who get excited by it?

Titanic

Super Moderator
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
West Sussex
To me it's the epitome of the nostalgic and sentimental yearnings of some Brexiteers of wanting to go back in time to how things were. It'll be red phone boxes, pubs having to close in the daytime and Sunday schools being brought back next.

OK. Feel free to be anxious about it. I simply can't bring myself to care one way or the other.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
and which bit of the rather simple question I asked did you fail to understand?

None of it, as it wasn’t a difficult question was it? And further more it doesn’t have any relevance to my post as I never said I was upset over the colour;. I said it was a symbol of a backward nation. It’s more I can’t be bothered to play your childish games. I know you’re being obtuse, you know you’re being obtuse, everyone else can see you’re being obtuse....so I’ll leave it here.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Isn't life a bit short to be so anxious about the colour of a passport or even a few swivel-eyed loons who get excited by it?

I’m actually now starting to think you’re thick.

A1X

NSC Patreon
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
Here's an idea. How about we stay in the EU but have blue passports while being in it? Like we could have had already.

Boys 9d

Jan 3, 2012
Lancing
I don't really care about the colour of Passports, I'm more concerned whether Driving Licences will be mutually accepted.

Two Professors

Two Mad Professors
Jul 13, 2009
Multicultural Brum
So now we have losers being obsessed about some Leavers being obsessed with blue passports.It's getting a bit obsessive.No wonder these sad people live on Twatter.It must be the only place other than the Samaritans they can meet like-minded sad people.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here