Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] The ticket exchange

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
Yes I know we have been here before, and no doubt we will again, but having just used it for the first time, I am slightly stunned by how clunky it is.

I don't doubt it will work but it really isn't encouraging to be used is it. I remember being at Huddersfield and throughout the match, before, half time and after they kept pleading for people to use their ticket exchange or whatever it is called so that seats that weren't going to be used could be filled. A totally different approach.

This system isn't even available as a link on the ticket website, anywhere. Well I couldn't find it anyway. In the end I had to google seagulls ticket exchange Arsenal to find the article announcing the ticket exchange was open and then click on the link then found.

You then have a manual form where you have to fill in name, email address, date of birth, post code, block, row , seat number.

Now it occurs to me that typically you are doing this for more than one person. So you may not know all of that detail. As it happens I was doing it for my wife and daughter, so most of the above was known, albeit I had to log into the ticket site again to find the row and seat number as I couldn't find it.

You then submit said form and that's it. No confirmation page before submitting. Nothing. I assume an email may appear soon? And as I say you have to do this for each seat individually.

Finally what do you get for this? A voucher in the club shop to be used by 15th April 2018, just six weeks away.

I don't doubt that this is the most efficient way for the club to deal with this at the moment, but it really isn't encouraging the "customer" to use it is it which surely is the whole point?

It also completely goes against their stated aim to avoid season ticket transfer. Giving all this faffing around you can see why people just prefer to pass to a friend etc which is not what the club want. So why not invest a bit in a proper system to do this? I'm struggling to identify a negative to this other than the cost of this which I guess is the biggest point?

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
Don’t forget though, they’ve managed to come up with a system for fans to upgrade to 1901 match by match. Or indeed to swap seats.

The club really are amateur at this still and I don’t know why?

They could have built the Amex twice over in the time it has taken to come up with something resembling a ticket exchange

Titanic

Super Moderator
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
West Sussex
...This system isn't even available as a link on the ticket website, anywhere. Well I couldn't find it anyway. In the end I had to google seagulls ticket exchange Arsenal to find the article announcing the ticket exchange was open and then click on the link then found.

You can access it from the ticket website: https://www.seagullstickets.com/en-gb/categories/home

Under the Arsenal game:

"Season Ticket Holders can list their seats for resale here"

and the link takes you to: https://www.surveymonkey.co.uk/r/resaleAFC1718

Simples.

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
Yes I know we have been here before, and no doubt we will again, but having just used it for the first time, I am slightly stunned by how clunky it is.

I don't doubt it will work but it really isn't encouraging to be used is it. I remember being at Huddersfield and throughout the match, before, half time and after they kept pleading for people to use their ticket exchange or whatever it is called so that seats that weren't going to be used could be filled. A totally different approach.

This system isn't even available as a link on the ticket website, anywhere. Well I couldn't find it anyway. In the end I had to google seagulls ticket exchange Arsenal to find the article announcing the ticket exchange was open and then click on the link then found.

You then have a manual form where you have to fill in name, email address, date of birth, post code, block, row , seat number.

Now it occurs to me that typically you are doing this for more than one person. So you may not know all of that detail. As it happens I was doing it for my wife and daughter, so most of the above was known, albeit I had to log into the ticket site again to find the row and seat number as I couldn't find it.

You then submit said form and that's it. No confirmation page before submitting. Nothing. I assume an email may appear soon? And as I say you have to do this for each seat individually.

Finally what do you get for this? A voucher in the club shop to be used by 15th April 2018, just six weeks away.

I don't doubt that this is the most efficient way for the club to deal with this at the moment, but it really isn't encouraging the "customer" to use it is it which surely is the whole point?

It also completely goes against their stated aim to avoid season ticket transfer. Giving all this faffing around you can see why people just prefer to pass to a friend etc which is not what the club want. So why not invest a bit in a proper system to do this? I'm struggling to identify a negative to this other than the cost of this which I guess is the biggest point?

As [MENTION=36]Titanic[/MENTION] says you can access it where you buy tickets (so sort of makes sense). All the info you need is in you profile, and as you'll be logged on anyway you'll probably have it
Only used it a couple of times, both times got an email some time afterwards that looked a bit odd as I think it confirmed a 'purchase', then the vouchers (which I just realised expire very quickly) turned up a few days later.

It is crap though...........should be far slicker

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
You can access it from the ticket website: https://www.seagullstickets.com/en-gb/categories/home

Under the Arsenal game:

Simples.

Okay well now you've told me that, that's fine, but what season ticket holder has ever looked in the purchase page for a match. You would expect the exchange to have a drop down option off the main menu. I'd probably put it under "season tickets" personally.

Uh_huh_him

Sep 28, 2011

I used it for the Bristol City home game.

the voucher expired in July, could only be used in the club shop.

Bearing in mind it's a £40 train fare for me to get to the club shop, the voucher went unused.
I can't see why you can't use the voucher online.

I won't use the system again.

mwrpoole

Sep 10, 2010
Sevenoaks
I used it for the first time last Friday and agree with all the points you make. Thankfully I had just the 1 ticket to list. I did get an email an hour or two later and even that was a bit naff, it was a ticket confirmation email for £0. The ticket was sold and I got another email yesterday to say retail voucher for £0 is on its way. I sincerely hope the voucher isn't for £0!

The ticket I listed was an U18. It was re-sold as an adult so the club are win-win, the whole process really does let the club down. My parents used to be STH at Chelsea and they were able to list any game they wanted on their ticket exchange. They were available for re-sale regardless of whether the match was a sell out or not. They had decent seats near the half way line and their tickets always got sold. Chelsea reimbursed them the resale price less 10% admin fee. Sounds entirely reasonable.

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
I used it for the Bristol City home game.

the voucher expired in July, could only be used in the club shop.

Bearing in mind it's a £40 train fare for me to get to the club shop, the voucher went unused.
I can't see why you can't use the voucher online.

I won't use the system again.

Don't think you can use them on a matchday either ?

seagulls4ever

Oct 2, 2003

Under the Arsenal game:

Simples.

Yeah, you can make your ticket available for resale on the page where you buy tickets for that match. That's logical, someone who wants to sell their ticket for a match will be on the page where you can buy a ticket for that match. Makes sense, real simple.

:whistle:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here