Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Other Sport] Cycling geeks

Fignon's Ponytail

Jun 29, 2012
On the Beach
Nope, its no good. No matter how much I try, I just cant warm to Emma Pooley on GCN as a presenter.
I know shes fairly new to it still, but she just looks so uncomfortable in front of the camera, & cant interview people.
They would've been better getting local girl, & cycling journo / presenter Rebecca Charlton in instead.

1066familyman

Radio User
Jan 15, 2008
Not unusual for the Giro to be the best of the GT's I know, but this edition so far has been an absolute belter! Long may it continue.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Not unusual for the Giro to be the best of the GT's I know, but this edition so far has been an absolute belter! Long may it continue.

Why no fantasy team, 10?

1066familyman

Radio User
Jan 15, 2008
Why no fantasy team, 10?

Several reasons really:

1) Riding more than ever these days so was already having to catch up on some unwatched races coming into this Giro.

2) Finding the time to pick a team.

3) A little bit underwhelmed by the field strength. (unfounded really tbh).

4) I really enjoyed the Classics battle with armchairclubber. Coming back to a simple throw of the dice game with a let it run team in a GT felt a bit of a let down.

5) The 2 leagues we mistakenly ended up with just threw me.

Still loving watching every stage though ( except the boring Israel bit since the echelons didn't materialise).

1066familyman

Radio User
Jan 15, 2008
Look out. You'll upset the dinosaurs with these technological advances.

Yeah, I haven't even got a 3D printer yet.
What a fecking dinosaur, eh :lol:

1066familyman

Radio User
Jan 15, 2008
Now that was pretty much the perfect stage! The race organisers couldn't possibly have planned it better, and the riders duly delivered!

Fantastic racing again, right from the off! :clap:

Superb Simon Yates! Just superb! :bowdown:

1066familyman

Radio User
Jan 15, 2008
If that bore Doumalin wins because of the TT then cycling needs to have a good hard look at itself.

Before this race Tom D was clear favourite to win for me. Could see Froome wasn't quite right and couldn't see where else the challenge would come from. I certainly didn't see this coming from Yates!

Now it really does look like Yates' to lose. Even if Tom D puts 2 mins into Yates in the ITT, which I don't think he will now, we still have three more mountain stages in a row to go. Yates would have to blow up big time or have some seriously bad luck.

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
Interesting point about the TT, and it would seem a dreadfully unfair way to win it. But, is the flip side of the TT being where it is lighting up the race? Would Yates be quite as attacking if it wasn't for banking seconds that he knows he is likely to lose in the TT? Would this be a bit less exciting without the TT looming in the distance? I don't know, but it does seem that this race is as exciting as it is because a TT is to come, not in spite of it.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here