Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Locadia

Machiavelli

Oct 11, 2013
Fiveways
Locadia has been watching Glenn Murray and the way the Albion play since the New Year. Indeed, this side have been playing this formation for the last 3 seasons. Therefore, when he gets his chance I expect him to know what his role in the team is and where he needs to be playing. That wasn't the case yesterday.

I don't get this. For our two glorious seasons in the Championship, we played 4-4-2; this season we've played 4-4-1-1.

Megazone

On his last warning
Jan 28, 2015
Northern Hemisphere.
Where he plays. Off the main striker, or the deeper of the two 1s in a 4-4-1-1.
I don't understand your question. I wasn't discussing Gross. I was challenging the claim that we've played the same formation for three years.

You said you didn't understand why we played 4-4-1-1 this season when the previous 2 seasons we played with 4-4-2?

The difference is we now have Gross.

My apologies for the misunderstanding, got your post wrong. Just letting you know why I mentioned Gross.

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patreon
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
I'll repeat what I asked before, what do you see in him that might provide hope for his future here? I'm genuinely interested in this, rather than your rubbishing of anyone who isn't impressed so far.

I’ll answer this. His actual movement positionally seems to be quite good, although we’ve only seen glimpses, he just needs the ball delivered early.

I would also argue that the way he controlled the ball with the outside of his foot, (not an easy thing, when the game is moving so fast) before being outpaced by VVD, was also promising.

Quite a nicely weighted pass to set up Izquierdo vs Palace as well.

As per my earlier point, regardless of some of HK’s points, I simply do not understand how anyone can make a judgement based on the time on the pitch so far.

The training point is nonsensical, as you do not replicate match situations and intensity. Unless there is some ‘in the know’ detail, who has seen minimal effort and application, then IMO this theory is a non-starter. Even Izquierdo worked his way into the team, and there was a good deal of chopping and changing with Solly as he found his feet. Came to us injured and was never going to immediately displace Murray.

I know we all want him to succeed, but IMO now is not the time to judge. A league 1 team, a frenetic derby and champions league finalist.

I think he deserves the benefit for the moment and am surprised at some of the near conclusions/observations at this early stage.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patreon
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
Whats really cringe about him is the sucking up to big players that he does. VVD yesterday, Lukaku the other week and a few more on social media. .

Must admit I don’t like that either. Save it for the tunnel when you are out of sight.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
I’ll answer this. His actual movement positionally seems to be quite good, although we’ve only seen glimpses, he just needs the ball delivered early.

I would also argue that the way he controlled the ball with the outside of his foot, (not an easy thing, when the game is moving so fast) before being outpaced by VVD, was also promising.

As per my earlier point, regardless of some of HK’s points, I simply do not understand how anyone can make a judgement based on the time on the pitch so far.

The training point is nonsensical, as you do not replicate match situations and intensity. Unless there is some ‘in the know’ detail, who has seen minimal effort and application, then IMO this theory is a non-starter. Even Izquierdo worked his way into the team, and there was a good deal of chopping and changing with Solly as he found his feet. Came to us injured and was never going to immediately displace Murray.

I know we all want him to succeed, but IMO now is not the time to judge. A league 1 team, a frenetic derby and champions league finalist.

I think he deserves the benefit for the moment and am surprised at some of the near conclusions/observations at this early stage.

Thank you. As I said, I don't have a problem with reasoned analysis, I do have a problem with people belittling others for daring to form an opinion based on what they've seen. It is notable that the two worse culprits of this (in my view) couldn't be arsed to do what you've just done and point out potential plus points. Far easier just to post with a misguided superiority complex.

You are right of course, it is far too early to judge whether he is a good signing, and I hope you're right with regard to his movement. Certainly it seems that some of the deficiencies pointed out can be trained out of him, so let's hope that happens.

DJ NOBO

Jul 18, 2004
Wiltshire
Thank you. As I said, I don't have a problem with reasoned analysis, I do have a problem with people belittling others for daring to form an opinion based on what they've seen. It is notable that the two worse culprits of this (in my view) couldn't be arsed to do what you've just done and point out potential plus points. Far easier just to post with a misguided superiority complex.

You are right of course, it is far too early to judge whether he is a good signing, and I hope you're right with regard to his movement. Certainly it seems that some of the deficiencies pointed out can be trained out of him, so let's hope that happens.

Interesting analysis by OTM but it’s Absolutely fair enough to question locadia. He cost a lot of money and has looked out of his depth.
I watched him closely in the Leicester game and it seemed he didn’t want the responsibility of getting in key positions.
I get the feeling hughton is disappointed, even taking into account the injury.
Pre season will be key. If he hasn’t improved by Christmas, them Sparta Rotterdam on loan it’ll likely be.
If that happenes it’s not the end of the world . The recent recruiting has been very good, sometimes you get a dud. The main thing is we stayed up.

Wardy's twin

Oct 21, 2014

do you see him as a Murray replacement or part of a proper striking pair (two up front ) or an alternative to one of the wingers?

crabface

Mar 24, 2012
His actual movement positionally seems to be quite good, although we’ve only seen glimpses, he just needs the ball delivered early.

I agree, i pointed out in the first half that a few times Van Dijk and Lovren where struggling to keep tabs on him due to his movement.

Stat Brother

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
I agree, i pointed out in the first half that a few times Van Dijk and Lovren where struggling to keep tabs on him due to his movement.

The £15m player has to be in there, somewhere.
It's odd how we haven't seen him, yet, but you do clearly point out why we didn't see him on Sunday.

Van Dijk and Lovren where struggling to keep tabs on him - he was on a hiding to nothing, esp without Gross.

Stat Brother

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
The problem is that your first sentence isn't necessarily true. Presumably this is the reason you couldn't even muster one attribute you liked about him.

That's the point, I can't muster one attribute, because I'm yet to see one.
Hence saying if this deal did go sour it wouldn't be shocking news.

Although I can and have, even in that post (the bit you edited out), given reasons why patience is a virtue.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
That's the point, I can't muster one attribute, because I'm yet to see one.
Hence saying if this deal did go sour it wouldn't be shocking news.

Although I can and have, even in that post (the bit you edited out), given reasons why patience is a virtue.
OK, so when people say he can't play as a lone striker, or that he doesn't track back, and then even you are happy to post that you haven't seen a single attribute about his play that you've actually liked, why did you post a video montage of him scoring a few tap ins in Holland as some sort of proof that he can do it all at this level?

Lifelong Supporter

Aug 4, 2009
Burgess Hill
It may be that he needs to be a second striker playing off the main man and that he is essentially a Championship player. £14 million may well be the price these days for a good championship striker. Hemed was reputably the subject of bids approaching £10k and he was in and out of our promotion team. That will not be the end of the world. We have stayed up and we go again next season.

NooBHA

Jan 13, 2015
do you see him as a Murray replacement or part of a proper striking pair (two up front ) or an alternative to one of the wingers?

Chris likes two wide men. He has used it everywhere he has been. I don't see that changing. To be honest I like to see teams play two wide men, even although wide players are a breed of their own in that they seem to be less consistent.

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patreon
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing

Wardy that is such a difficult question! [emoji2]

Initially, I was under the impression he was bought as a Murray replacement, but I also thought he was bigger and stronger.

Having seen him in the flesh, I think he looks more of a Baldock upgrade, cover for the wingers or even a number 10.

I’m sure there is a plan, but if Locadia plays as a winger, he’ll need to learn that Hughton does see them as needing to track back. Something Izquierdo has learnt.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here