Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Aston villa u23 v Brighton & Hove Albion u23 May 12th Play off 12 pm K.O Villa Park

The Sock of Poskett

The best is yet to come (spoiler alert)
Jun 12, 2009
Surely the most promising bunch of players we've had outside the first team squad.
Be fascinating to see ...
- who goes out on loan
- who carries on at PL2 level
- who starts to make a claim for 1st team squad inclusion

Who are your tips for future success, hopefully in an Albion shirt?

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
I'm really impressed by our football. Excellent!
Hear hear!
(But bl00dy hell, there are some really dim w*nkers on their Twitter feed chat!)

Said it at the start of the season, but given the clear potential of Sanchez, I wonder if we need to invest in a third choice.
No we don't (IMHO). Sign Krul for another year, if we can, and let Maenpaa go (sorry to lose him - he has been a good signing for us, but Krul is an HGP; maybe Maenpaa will fancy actually playing somewhere anyway!) Sanchez will be fine as our no.3.
Walton back on loan to Wigan for 2018-19, then back to The Albion to be our no.2 and challenge Maty. We could even let Wigan have Sanchez for a season to replace him!

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
Excellent. So many very good. Gyokeres looks brilliant & a right handful - can see him making the breakthrough...

Horton's halftime iceberg

Blooming Marvellous
Jan 9, 2005
Brighton
Blackburn come up with us - we both change places with Sunderland and Manchester United

Attachments

• League 1.jpeg
    League 1.jpeg
    245.9 KB · Views: 538

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patreon
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
No we don't (IMHO). Sign Krul for another year, if we can, and let Maenpaa go (sorry to lose him - he has been a good signing for us, but Krul is an HGP; maybe Maenpaa will fancy actually playing somewhere anyway!) Sanchez will be fine as our no.3.
Walton back on loan to Wigan for 2018-19, then back to The Albion to be our no.2 and challenge Maty. We could even let Wigan have Sanchez for a season to replace him!

We agree then [emoji2][emoji106]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patreon
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
Albion ended the season with an 18-match unbeaten run in all competitions, winning the Sussex Senior Cup and earning promotion to Premier League 2 Division One. Their record during that run:-

P:18 W:15 D:3 L:0 FOR:53 AGAINST:7 GD:46

They kept 11 clean sheets in those 18 matches.

Brilliant stats. Thanks AZ.

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patreon
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
What a shame it wasn't played at the Amex, with more fans to watch them.

I agree. I like to think we’d have got at least a couple of thousand in.

I remember going to a midweek league game at the Goldstone (in the late 70’s), and think we had between 5 and 10 thousand.

hart's shirt

Jul 8, 2003
Kitbag in Dubai
Anyone else see the goon in the Adidas top behind the BHA flag give the fingers up twice just after clapping? :rolleyes:

Timing-wise, it's from about 2:21:10 in the coverage.

AZ Gull

@SeagullsAcademy Threads: @bhafcacademy
Oct 14, 2003
Chandler, AZ
A reminder that the academy season isn't quite done yet - Simon Rusk will take a squad of 10 to the Hong Kong Soccer Sevens tournament which starts next Friday.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Albion ended the season with an 18-match unbeaten run in all competitions, winning the Sussex Senior Cup and earning promotion to Premier League 2 Division One. Their record during that run:-

P:18 W:15 D:3 L:0 FOR:53 AGAINST:7 GD:46

They kept 11 clean sheets in those 18 matches.
And now of course comes the dilemma...........many of those lads looked ready to make a step up - but not yet to Albion in the PL, though I wouldn't be too alarmed to see one or two of them on the bench occasionally - but to senior football certainly. A half or whole season in League 2 - or maybe even League 1 - would be the next obvious step.....But......

But, we'll be playing in the top division of U23 football next season, against much better teams. That is a good thing for us, of course, it will make us a more attractive prospect for young players, and of course it is progress for our academy. I know results at U23 aren't the be-all and end-all that they are for the first team, but we don't want to weaken the U23s to the extent that they come back down again after a season.

A problem, I guess - but maybe not a bad problem to have!

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
Anyone else see the goon in the Adidas top behind the BHA flag give the fingers up twice just after clapping? :rolleyes:

Timing-wise, it's from about 2:21:10 in the coverage.

Bit harsh - to me he was clearly telling the people he was with what someone did - possibly a villa player...

hart's shirt

Jul 8, 2003
Kitbag in Dubai
Bit harsh - to me he was clearly telling the people he was with what someone did - possibly a villa player...

We'll agree to disagree then.

Regardless of that, a great performance by the lads up there and a well-deserved victory.

Thunder Bolt

Ordinary Supporter
I agree. I like to think we’d have got at least a couple of thousand in.

I remember going to a midweek league game at the Goldstone (in the late 70’s), and think we had between 5 and 10 thousand.

There was nearly a thousand for the semi final, and I think the youngsters enjoyed playing to a crowd.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here