Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Should we appeal the Propper red?

perseus

Broad Blue & White stripe
Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
This is a interesting part of this process that may have been instrumental in the clubs appeal itself , it seemed very likely that the ref in fact hadn't really seen the incident clearly himself and got the nod from the 4th official , now i'm not pretending to know the rulings on such matters if the red card was given purely on the 4th officials say so but if it has , then perhaps the rules themselves are slightly different on appeal . iv'e looked at it enough times to think that it could go either way in the minds of a panel , though i fear the worst going by Dale stephens miscarriage of FA justice .

I agree. I hope we have evidence from a different angle: Hogg went to ground first and he came in at rightangles whereas the ball was playable immediately in front of Propper. Hogg could get banned retrospectively!?

Referee had a good game marred by a decision by Lee Probert, it seems. Up to that time, he had been the best ref all season.

Joe Gatting's Dad

Feb 10, 2007
Way out west
Not sure they can reduce the punishment as he had not already received a yellow card. I think it is three games or rescinded as the rules not allow anything else for this alleged offence of a dangerous tackle.

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
I agree. I hope we have evidence from a different angle: Hogg went to ground first and he came in at rightangles whereas the ball was playable immediately in front of Propper. Hogg could get banned retrospectively!?

Referee had a good game marred by a decision by Lee Probert, it seems. Up to that time, he had been the best ref all season.

I think Oliver has reffed better....and I didn’t think he was that brilliant before the red....inconsistent decision making...imho

moggy

Oct 15, 2003
southwick
The red card stands then !
Knew we’d never win that appeal

seagulls4ever

Oct 2, 2003
Arsenal managed to win their appeal.

Arsenal have won their appeal against midfielder Mohamed Elneny's red card in Sunday's 3-2 Premier League victory over Southampton.

Elneny, 25, was dismissed in stoppage time following a confrontation with Saints defender Cedric Soares.

The Football Association overturned the decision after an independent panel accepted the Egyptian was "wrongly dismissed for violent conduct".

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/43717755

trueblue

Jul 5, 2003
Hove
So it’s official. A bog standard, slightly high 50/50 midfield challenge is much more dangerous than, for instance, Kolasinac virtually decapitating Schelotto. That’s the consistent we’ve come to love from our officials.

glasfryn

cleaning up cat sick
Nov 29, 2005
somewhere in Eastbourne
And young got away with murder��

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham

Brovion

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
So it’s official. A bog standard, slightly high 50/50 midfield challenge is much more dangerous than, for instance, Kolasinac virtually decapitating Schelotto. That’s the consistent we’ve come to love from our officials.

As far as red cards are concerned: yes, they're identical. There are no 'grades' of red; at one end of the spectrum you can be sent off for going in groin high with both feet studs showing, and at the other end you can also get sent off for two petty acts of dissent. And once a red has been issued it has to be seen to be a really poor decision before it's overturned. Propper's foul obviously wasn't in the Kolasinac class, but there was enough debate for the FA to support their officials and to allow the decision made on the field of play to stand.

perseus

Broad Blue & White stripe
Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
As far as red cards are concerned: yes, they're identical. There are no 'grades' of red; at one end of the spectrum you can be sent off for going in groin high with both feet studs showing, and at the other end you can also get sent off for two petty acts of dissent. And once a red has been issued it has to be seen to be a really poor decision before it's overturned. Propper's foul obviously wasn't in the Kolasinac class, but there was enough debate for the FA to support their officials and to allow the decision made on the field of play to stand.

Blame Lee Probert

I'm doubtful whether a fourth official on the sidelines has more than an isolated view from a spectator angle. Sometimes right, sometimes wrong like VAR.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here