Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[News] This is YOUR council tax being spent on this......

nickbrighton

Feb 19, 2016
how's it helping ???,let's all walk around with a badge on?.
regards
DR

personally, it doesn't help me, however it may well help some, and (dangerous i know) lets assume that the input by the groups mentioned have some insight into this, maybe they consulted with those that this would help. If , by chance I had occasion to interact with someone wearing one, whose gender wasn't immediately apparent, it surely would help them ,in that I would address them correctly. Yes its going to be a very small group, yes its not going to make a single iota of difference to the vast majority of tax payers, but if it helps some then all to the good. Personally I do not and have not used the public library , it doesn't help me in any way, so why should MY tax go towards it?-because its of use to someone else. I have no objection to MY tax being used for all sorts of things I have no use for or interest in, and can not see the point of, because I DO get use out of somethings others don't (Cycle lanes).

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patreon
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
"When did dyslexia stop you knowing how to speak?"

Retard.

Care to provide a correction and explanation teach?

Maybe you could add in an explanation of the use of pronouns?

You Big Dummy.jpg

Tom Bombadil

Jul 14, 2003
Jibrovia
Ladies ladies you're derailing what has been such a lovely thread. Well ok it's pretty horrible but you guys are standing out .

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patreon
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
Ladies ladies you're derailing what has been such a lovely thread. Well ok it's pretty horrible but you guys are standing out .

You're quite right of course. It's an abortion of a thread and I've just, absolutely deliberately, killed it, just in order to state the bleedin' obvious. Time I was off. But before I go, [MENTION=277]looney[/MENTION] deserves a badge of his own :wink:

aa.JPG

looney

Banned
Jul 7, 2003
I was posting the last one while you were posting the above. Feel free to edit away. This is a thread I'm happy never to see again to be fair.

Its a thread that is more than happy to see the back of you seeing your zero contribution to it retard.

SeagullRic

Jan 13, 2008
brighton
Oh it is Setting aside the fact its not impacting then its attempting speech coding people for a controversial issue. A mental illness that impacts less than 0.01 % of people. Gender should have never usurped Sex as the go to form of reference. And as for not imposing roles on children, where have we heard that sort of thing before?

I've read this about 10 times now trying to work out what you're saying, but I'm afraid I've failed. Not that I particularly care, the gabbling about not imposing roles on children etc at the end was quite enough to convince me the entire post is complete gobbledygook.

looney

Banned
Jul 7, 2003
I've read this about 10 times now trying to work out what you're saying, but I'm afraid I've failed. Not that I particularly care, the gabbling about not imposing roles on children etc at the end was quite enough to convince me the entire post is complete gobbledygook.

Last sentence is a bit wild but it reads OK to me, what dont you get?

SeagullRic

Jan 13, 2008
brighton
Last sentence is a bit wild but it reads OK to me, what dont you get?

Well firstly, you asked 'when do you refer to somebody using their pronoun', which I answered pretty briefly and said it wasn't difficult.

You say its not impacting them- how can you possibly know that? I'm sure this idea was done after consultation with trans/non-binary people, so I think we can safely assume it does have an affect on some people, and is an issue they feel is important.

'Attempting speech coding people for a controversial issue'- in what way?

'A mental illness which affects less than 0.01% of people- no idea what you're going on about here, no context or background provided.

'As for not imposing roles on children etc'- nope, you've completely lost me there. What relevance does this have to anything I said, or indeed to anything said anywhere in the rest of the thread?

looney

Banned
Jul 7, 2003
You say its not impacting them- how can you possibly know that?

If I am talking to a third party and they are not present how would they know? The onus would be on you to show how it impacts and that it matters.
I'm sure this idea was done after consultation with trans/non-binary people, so I think we can safely assume it does have an affect on some people, and is an issue they feel is important.

How they feel about other people expressing themselves about them does not mean they can have anykind of say on how I should speak without my consultation. In principle if any group wants to go around dictating to others based on "feelings" they need to be shut down not pandered to.

'Attempting speech coding people for a controversial issue'- in what way?

This is promoting Gender over Sex where most people subordinate gender to sex. Example, if you are straight then being shown a picture of a bearded lumberjack is not going to be attractive, even if said lumberjack declares they identify as female.

Transexuals, regardless if you think they are mentally ill or "Transexual" are not entitled to inflict their wrong way of thinking on others. If a pre-op M to f is obviously Male I do not and would not start referring to then as she. This is adopting the mindset of someone who is mentally "wrong" however you wish to define it.

SeagullRic

Jan 13, 2008
brighton
If I am talking to a third party and they are not present how would they know? The onus would be on you to show how it impacts and that it matters.

How they feel about other people expressing themselves about them does not mean they can have anykind of say on how I should speak without my consultation. In principle if any group wants to go around dictating to others based on "feelings" they need to be shut down not pandered to.

This is promoting Gender over Sex where most people subordinate gender to sex. Example, if you are straight then being shown a picture of a bearded lumberjack is not going to be attractive, even if said lumberjack declares they identify as female.

Transexuals, regardless if you think they are mentally ill or "Transexual" are not entitled to inflict their wrong way of thinking on others. If a pre-op M to f is obviously Male I do not and would not start referring to then as she. This is adopting the mindset of someone who is mentally "wrong" however you wish to define it.

You're initial post said 'when do you address someone by their pronoun', which is what I then replied to. If they are not present then of course they wouldn't know. I'm saying it might impact them when they are not addressed as they would like to be, and having these badges might be a small way of pointing people in the right direction and making all parties feel more comfortable.

Unless I'm missing something, they're not having any kind of say over how you speak are they? It's a badge, for gods sake, not a threat to lock up anybody who dares to say 'he' or 'she'! I'm not quite sure why you're getting worked up as if this is some sort of free speech issue, which it really isn't.

I'm not going to attempt to reply to this bit to be honest. Calling all transexuals mentally ill and stating as fact its a wrong way of thinking is pretty disgusting in my book, and I'm not going to be drawn into replying to it.

I don't know how to reply to certain bits of a post on here as you can probably tell, hence the slightly confusing italicising, sorry!

BadFish

Huge Member
Oct 19, 2003
Oh great, another thread derailled by Looney's nonsense.

Sent from my SM-A520F using Tapatalk

Klaas

I've changed this
Nov 1, 2017
Wellquickwoody really is socking it to the moaning Brit stereotype the Australians have. Sterling work.

Thunder Bolt

Ordinary Supporter
Which is no excuse for his lack of intelligence and aggressive manner.

Picking someone up for their poor English when they are dyslexic is equivalent to shouting at someone who can't run with a broken leg.
It isn't good manners either.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here