Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

At least 10 dead in Oregon Community College Shooting

Nibble

Jan 3, 2007
Rejoining I think..... not for the first time.

Yep [MENTION=30847]Megazone[/MENTION] has been banned as several users before. For such delights as threatening PM'a, anti semitism, holocaust denial and disrespecting Robert Eaton.

Nibble

Jan 3, 2007
Rejoining I think..... not for the first time.

Yep [MENTION=30847]Megazone[/MENTION] has been banned as several users before. For such delights as sending threatening PM's anti semitism, holocaust denial and disrespecting Robert Eaton.

Megazone

On his last warning
Jan 28, 2015
Northern Hemisphere.
Yep [MENTION=30847]Megazone[/MENTION] has been banned as several users before. For such delights as sending threatening PM's anti semitism, holocaust denial and disrespecting Robert Eaton.

Eh? Care to back any of this bat-shit up?

Was this your first thought on a Saturday morning?

Must have been a good Friday night.

Last edited:

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
Although the States has the highest gun ownership per capita it isn't even in the top 20 when it comes to murder rates. Some of those countries though are practically third world and its gang/drug related wars. What America does seem to have though is a monopoly on school and college massacres.

compared to the rest of western Europe, Japan, Korea, Australia, Canada, the US has 3-4 times the murder rate.

WATFORD zero

NSC Patreon
Jul 10, 2003
But surely asking Americans to give up their guns would leave them with no defence against potential violence. It would be as stupid as asking Britain to give up Trident ???

BadFish

Huge Member
Oct 19, 2003
Eh? Care to back any of this bat-shit up?

Was this your first thought on a Saturday morning?

Must have been a good Friday night.

My guess is that it will become evident in due course. Hopefully not and we are proved wrong but I shall remain skeptical.

looney

Banned
Jul 7, 2003
a4cb29aaba4c3d473eaa2d5b10f7e18e.jpg

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
What on earth dumbfurk nation gives loner losers unlimited access to stuff like that? SHAME on you Amerika.
The gunman was British by birth.
He didn't ask where he was born, or say 'what dumb race behave like that', or similar, he asked what dumb nation gives people all that shit. It was the US that gave him all that shit, not Britain.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
It seems to me that the real problem in the USA is not the gun laws but their culture surrounding guns. After all, the gun laws in Canada are not noticeably different, but their attitude towards guns is a night and day difference.

You could draw a parallel with our country's drinking culture. As a nation, we have historically had a culture where we'd tip out of factories on a Friday, hit the pub and drink until we were either sick or fist fighting. You only have to speak to people on the front line of the national health service to know that this culture is still a major problem in this country. But there is no stomach for restricting the amount that can be legally served, or restricting pub opening hours, because actually, they quite possibly won't fix the problem but will nevertheless inconvience many.

We need to change the drinking culture in this country much as we have done with smoking. Similarly, the USA needs to realise its gun culture is monumentally f*cked and take steps to change it, which doesn't necessarily mean revoking all gun licenses because if the idea that the people are entitled to arm themselves is still a prevalent thought, then if those people want a gun, they'll get one somehow.

Thunder Bolt

Ordinary Supporter
He didn't ask where he was born, or say 'what dumb race behave like that', or similar, he asked what dumb nation gives people all that shit. It was the US that gave him all that shit, not Britain.

I know.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
You only have to speak to people on the front line of the national health service to know that this culture is still a major problem in this country. But there is no stomach for restricting the amount that can be legally served, or restricting pub opening hours, because actually, they quite possibly won't fix the problem
Surely that's quite an important point. Banning guns would reduce the number of people killed with guns. Restricting pub opening ours (as used to be the case) presumably wouldn't stop people getting drunk and behaving badly. And restricting how much people can be served would be tricky to police.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
Arm hundreds of Testosterone/Estrogen raging kids with weapons and see what happens.
I'd imagine many of the boys would want to see if their Call of Duty training pays off in real life.
It'd be Return of the Lord of the Flies.

Great film. Love the bit where Frodo pushes Piggy into the pits of Mount Doom, while the Death Star explodes in the background.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton

SUCH a retarded argument.

Lava doesn't kill people - idiotic people walk into lava! Hence, let's have Lava EVERYWHERE! Same exact logic.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here