Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Brighton & Hove Albion vs Southampton *** Official Match Thread ***

El Turi

Injured
Aug 13, 2005
Argentina
As per usual, empty stadiums all round tonight. I reckon it’s time to scrap the league cup as no-one cares about it anymore. It’s basically a reserve cup these days. Even league 1 and 2 sides change their whole team.

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
Whatever the drivel posted on here I’m sure we can all admit that was a poor game of football, briefly lit up when Redmond came on at the end

Any reason you’ve turned up when we’ve lost a reserve game but didn’t post when we beat Man Utd?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
As per usual, empty stadiums all round tonight. I reckon it’s time to scrap the league cup as no-one cares about it anymore. It’s basically a reserve cup these days. Even league 1 and 2 sides change their whole team.

Packed at AFC Wimbledon....allow a little stardust to be spread....all is well.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Id love to know how you came to the conclusion that it's becoming clear we have the 3rd worst squad in the league?

You wouldn't though. Fake news, isn't it.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
You do realize Southampton made TEN changes ?

Ward-Prowse, Yoshida, Davis, Romeu, Bednarek, Stephens and Gabbiadini have starred regularly in Stains PL 11's, and they brought on Austin and Redmond. All very well known names to PL viewers.

Despite all that, they only got a late narrow win against our largely reserves.

CH managed this well.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Which one's [MENTION=72]dwayne[/MENTION] then?

The fat fecker. The Welsh weasel is having a good feel. I sense a bromance here....lovely stuff..

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012
Pretty poor start to the season then. 3 losses out of 4. And only a win coming against comedy united

Squad looks a bit thin. Southampton reserves looking comfortably better, which is a real worry. We literally seem to have one striker in the whole squad as well which begs the question why did we ditch hemed?

Locadia, handbags and button all having disappointing games.

Big game Saturday to see where we are. Really don't want to be losing that heading into international break.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

It's good that you've got previous of talking shite about Albion squads, when you insisted it wasn't 'top 2 material' two months before promotion to the Premier League. With that in mind I can totally discount your opinions :dunce:

Any reason you’ve turned up when we’ve lost a reserve game but didn’t post when we beat Man Utd?

No reason except I don't live on here like you I guess, give yourself a pat on the back aggro boy

May 27, 2014
Littlehampton
Dwayne is fishing but some of the "young team" comments are laughable. 3 of the most expensive players in our history plus Gross, Kayal, Suttner, Button and Bernado who have racked up a shitload of yames between them. Our squad really isn't every good, as highlighted by our one striker that fits the system being 34 going on 35. Shambles.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
No reason except I don't live on here like you I guess, give yourself a pat on the back aggro boy

handbags.jpg

zefarelly

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Sussex, by the sea
****ing diabolical train service to get there
Gutless football anytime further forward than the halfway line, no pace,no inspiration, imagination or desire to win the game or even pass to each other. Almost got the impression some players were doing their best to not be upstaged by others.
Bissouma was quality.
Highlight for me was hopping the fence and jobsworths then a run in with a copper at btn stopping me catching the train, then getting penned in for ten minutes. Warmed the blood up a bit. The Amex is shit compared to the Goldstone.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Dwayne is fishing but some of the "young team" comments are laughable. 3 of the most expensive players in our history plus Gross, Kayal, Suttner, Button and Bernado who have racked up a shitload of yames between them. Our squad really isn't every good, as highlighted by our one striker that fits the system being 34 going on 35. Shambles.

OK, serious post, serious reply.

Three debutants. Nothing like this team has ever played a competitive game together. A try-out for the next few real games. A look and learn. An 'animal model' of a 'disease situation'. All good. Come back at the end of the season and give your verdict - 'smart move' or 'suicidal exit from a cup competition'?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here